2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita - Anheuser-Busch

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-RitaBud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: SometimesIfart on 03-31-2013)
View: Beers (76) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 205 | Reviews: 35 | Show All Ratings:
biboergosum

Alberta (Canada)

2.25/5  rDev -3%

236ml can, a not so surprising find at my local liquor store's remainder bin.

This beer pours a clear, stupid orange-tinged bright pink colour, with zero head, zero lace, and zero beer cred thus far, so sorry for this short-ass paragraph.

It smells like those strawberry yuk-a-fluxes we had back in first year university - sugary strawberry concentrate from the grocery store, and a hefty dose of the best vodka you could afford - read: not all that smooth. The taste is more of the same, but with a subtle, oh so subtle reference to the cheap lager spilled on the floor earlier by those dudes who insisted on pursuing their small adherence to such.

The carbonation is pretty low-key, in the vein of coolers everywhere, the body a hefty medium weight, all attributable to that fake fruity, sugar inherent nature - any smoothness not really on the table as such right now. It finishes mostly sweet, sugary, and still a forgery in its prominently sugary character.

I can't hate this outright - sure, it's nothing like a beer, so the end score reflects that, but the actual taste is ok, once that initial hump is passed by. Not beer, ok, but for a general fruit admirer this is ok, which I know is getting way off-topic, but I'm only keeping in tune with the brewer's intent here, as it were.

04-19-2014 04:10:55 | More by biboergosum
Zach136

Georgia

1.64/5  rDev -29.3%
look: 1 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Gag from Christmas.

25 oz can - drunk straight from the can, because this garbage isn't worth dirtying up a glass.

A - I've been told this mess is pink.

S - Strawberry slushie and flintstones vitamin chews.

T - Three sips in I already had a hangover. It tastes like that feeling sorority girls get as they've taken one too many jello shots, and start to cry hysterically on a thirty year old couch in a frat house.

M - Chewier than some fruit stripe gum (the stuff with the animals on it with 3-second flavor).

O - Any malt beverage that recommends you pour it over ice is an abomination.

04-12-2014 04:12:03 | More by Zach136
turbotype

2.65/5  rDev +14.2%

This is not beer. BUT, it's OK to drink. Tasted like alcoholic strawberry soda if that makes sense. It has enough alcohol for a nice little kick. I would drink think this around the pool or something if someone had it, but I wouldn't buy it. I would most certainly drink this over Natty Ice, Bud Light, Corona etc...

03-29-2014 17:23:05 | More by turbotype
thecheapies

1.8/5  rDev -22.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Pours a Kool-Aid orange-red with a fizzy carbonation that dies quickly. Looks flat after a mere minute.

Smells like artificial strawberry candy, artificial lime syrup, aspartame, and Comet cleaner. The faintest glimmer of malt... Yikes!

Toilet bowl cleaner, acidity, grapefruit candy, fake strawberry, and melted lime freeze pop. Sweet as all hell. Abrasive liquory finish with solvent notes and Splenda mouth-suckage. Soda pop thin with that tacky glaze of fake sugar. I want to burp, but I can't. Not enough carbonation to do so.

Straight god-awful. Don't do it. Exception: it's good to know what the kids are drinking these days.

03-24-2014 02:45:27 | More by thecheapies
Stinkypuss

1.48/5  rDev -36.2%

Pours a lifeless, fruit punch red color with visible carbonation and no head.
It smells like fruit snacks. The taste is sour, like sour carbonated fruit punch. Cloying sweetness and weird sour taste. A bit of fruit, sweet and sour, and finishes like nothing. Has a small residual heat. Light, watery body. Overall, this is a puzzling concoction but does taste like a bad margarita.

02-01-2014 23:57:47 | More by Stinkypuss
Boggdogg

2.11/5  rDev -9.1%

This is not a beer. It does taste good but not in a beer kind of way. It is more like a weak margarita. Which is what they wer going for I guess but I would not buy this for myself or any beer lover. Had a can given to me so I had to rate it. Very sweet no bitterness no spice no beer flavor.

Serving type: nitro-can

10-29-2013 02:48:37 | More by Boggdogg
buschbeer

2.8/5  rDev +20.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

24 FL. OZ. can
Served in a Westvleteren XII goblet (closest I had to margarita glass. Blashemy. I know)

A - It looks like fruit punch. There is no head at all.

S - I smell strawberry and lime.

T - My first instinct is that this tastes like red pop. I do get some lime in the finish and aftertaste.

M - Thin like flat soda.

O - This tastes like red pop with a hint of lime. There is no discernible alcohol. I got this for the gf to go with the Mexican meal I was preparing and figured I'd try it. It is very sweet.

08-18-2013 23:47:37 | More by buschbeer
kojevergas

1.21/5  rDev -47.8%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

25 fl oz aluminum can acquired at my local bottle shop. 8% ABV confirmed. Expectations could not be lower. Over 600 calories per can - wow. This is technically a fucking meal. Reviewed live.

Served cold - straight from the fridge. Side-poured with standard vigor.

A: Pours a half finger wide head of pink colour which dissipates inside of three seconds - really pathetic.

Body colour is an unnatural pink-red. Nontransparent. Translucent. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show.

Looks fucking abysmal. Resembles shite koolaid or a crappy juicebox. About as bad as they come. Dreadful.

Sm: Sugary artificial juice. Lime extract, strawberry extract, fruit syrup. Awful and overly sugary. Bubblegum. Blech. No malts, yeast, hops, or alcohol is detectable. An off-putting aroma of high strength. Abominable. Redolent of a child's soft drink.

T: As artificial as any beer I've ever tasted. Extracty syrupy mess. Sweet jesus that's sugary. cloying. Lime. Redolent of a juice intended for the 7 year old demographic. No yeast, hops, alcohol, or malts come through. So it's really not a beer flavour profile at all. Reprehensibly bad. Lollipop, candy, jolly rancher. Ugh. Abysmally imbalanced. Abominably built. Zero complexity; zero subtlety. An awful flavour profile - whether in terms of style or otherwise.

Horrid depth of flavour. Typical flavour duration. Obnoxiously high intensity of flavour in light of its low quality.

Mf: Sticky and juice-like. Might make a good fruit fly trap. Chewy and erosive. I can feel my teeth dissolving. Lightly acidic. Smooth and wet, but by no means approachable or enjoyable. A bit syrupy. Thick. Garbage. Doesn't suit the flavour profile or style at all. Terrible execution.

Dr: There's no way I can finish this can. Interestingly, it's a fair bit better than lime-a-rita, but it's still dreadful. I'll be pouring this reprehensible crap into my freezer bag of budget chicken to use as a makeshift marinade. Better than expected, but I expected it to be downright disgusting. Do people buy this more than once?

F

08-03-2013 05:00:57 | More by kojevergas
Viviane

3.83/5  rDev +65.1%

For those of us who don't feel like cleaning up the mess after the fact and have a craving for a strawberry margarita, I have to say that this is pretty good!... It's no beer, I know, I live in Asheville, I know what good beer tastes like... but it's a nice alternative....great for an afternoon at the pool; it even tastes like summer...cheers!

07-31-2013 00:29:08 | More by Viviane
BeerBob

Nebraska

2.2/5  rDev -5.2%

Bud Light Lime "STRAW*ber*RITA" pours a watery tomato juice red from a pop top 8 fl oz. aluminum can that is brightly lithographed in red, green, and some white, with a picture of the mixed drink. No foam head or lacing... no eye candy.

Nose is a strawberry shampoo strawberry, not unpleasant, but will make you question why you are drinking what you are reviewing.

Taste is an up front sweet, followed by a sour lime strawberry . It is the artificial sweetener that gives this beverage the poor taste.

After taste is, well... a sour lime strawberry.

Overall, for a low calorie alcopop, this will find a following, I just will not be counted among them.

07-30-2013 10:13:11 | More by BeerBob
Derranged

I drank this straight out of a can, so I gave the appearance an even three. Twas consumed on a Friday night in a run-down deli with some friends. Had the beginnings of an ugly night but it didn't go there thankfully.

Nothing much to say other than this tasted just like a carbonated, strawberry margarita with some bitterness towards the end. Nothing special but no offensive, off flavors. Sharp carbonation. For what it is, its not bad, not sure why some reviewers are so hostile to it. Oh well. Cheers.

07-27-2013 21:58:27 | More by Derranged
tone77

3.31/5  rDev +42.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from a 24 oz. can. Has a pink color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell has some strawberries, not much else. Taste is of strawberries, limes, some sweetness, not bad, but I wouldn't want a steady diet of it. Feels light in the mouth and overall is not a bad beer. I would probably classify this as a fruit beer instead of a malt liquor.

07-17-2013 00:07:41 | More by tone77
StArnoldFan

3.09/5  rDev +33.2%

No BMC hate from me. My wife wanted to try these so I bought a 12 pack. I heard these are good over ice so I poured an 8oz can into a plastic cup with ice by my pool. Pours a cool-aid red with a tiny foam head from my aggressive pour that goes away in seconds. Smells just like it should, heavy strawberry with a slight alcohol scent. 8% ABV is masked so good on this, tastes just like a strawberry margarita with little to no alcohol. I personally don't think it's that bad, for what it is. If you like margaritas on the rocks, these are pretty good. Craft snobs will hate and give their 1's cause its made by a BMC, I on the other hand don't care who makes it and am only rating it for what it says it is.

07-04-2013 21:36:40 | More by StArnoldFan
JISurfer

South Carolina

How anyone can give this above a 1 is beyond me. The wife wanted to try it, so we figured $2.50, no huge loss if it sucks. I had one sip, she had one sip, the drain got the rest. I'm not trying just to hate on Bud (I honesty like Bud Light w/ Lime), but this was horrible. I guess you could say it had a taste of cough syrup and malt liquor. If that's your thing, then you may like it. Me, not so much. Sorry, I expect better than this, even from Bud.

06-29-2013 00:57:33 | More by JISurfer
AshlixTee

3.1/5  rDev +33.6%

I love that they make a Straw-Ber-Rita mix, as I am not a fan of any of their other products, EVER, but this one has made me a fan of THIS Straw-Ber-Rita drink for life. As a lover of margaritas, this drink it like a liquid version of a margarita. It really reminds me of just drinking juice. ...that is 8% alcohol.

As a seasoned drinker, I wouldn't recommend walking around and drinking this. I sat on my couch watching shows on my laptop while drinking it. You WILL feel this drink, but it shouldn't make you get intoxicated. My cousin buys the 24oz cans by the case from BJ's. I had two 24oz cans last night.

Honestly, I love to hate this drink. It gets a silver star for "Room For Improvement." I would love to give them 5's all across the board, but the fancy can design and the nice drink color are the only full marks they will get from me. It does leave an after-taste that leaves much to be desired, but it won't stop me from drinking it. My liking the drink, overpower's the dislike of the after-taste.

Again, don't let it fool you, you can get a wee bit tipsy off of this drink, whether you coat your stomach with food or not....or maybe its just because I always buy the 24oz can? Either way, this is a okay investment of 8% alcohol.

I don't like the Lime version because it is too citrus-like (I bought the 8oz version last night to see if it could be redeemed...it wasn't), but the Straw-Ber-Rita version that I love is just too tart. If you are a fan of margaritas, both versions of this design DO hit the nail on the head for replicating the taste pretty well---it's just the after taste from seemingly every sip that makes me dislike it.

If I had to answer plain "yes" or "no" to whether I like this drink, I would say "yes." In my opinion, if you're going to buy one, get the Straw-Ber-Rita version. It's not a perfect drink, but it definitely doesn't deserve to get a review of poor.

06-23-2013 07:43:53 | More by AshlixTee
GossageBrewery

Missouri

1.98/5  rDev -14.7%

Poured this Malt Liquor from a 22 oz can into a pint glass. Poured a clear pink color, produced no head and no lacing. The aroma consisted of malted grain and strawberries-
Light in body, there is a base of malt, but there is a ton of artificial strawberry flavor- Lightly carbonated- This was not good- way to sweet- no balance- i felt like i was drinking a wine cooler. Piss Poor.

06-21-2013 04:48:57 | More by GossageBrewery
FightingEntropy

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

We were at a wedding last weekend and a couple we were chatting with much of the night told a funny story that included a new "beer" called Bud Light Lime Straw-ber-Rita. Aghast at the description, I of course had to buy one when I happened upon it while on a beer run.

Candy red in the glass without a hint of a head on the pour. Besides the advertised lime, the nose smells like a Shirley Temple with too much grenadine and a shot of fresh moonshine floated on top. Syrupy sweet taste of strawberry and lime, but each is independent and not blended at all. Raw alcohol aftertaste burns in spite of the obvious effort at a fruity cover up, leaving almost no discernible beer taste at all.

Maybe I should have tried the suggestion on the side of the can to pour it over ice so the taste would be muted and diluted. My wife admonished me for pouring it into a glass since drinking from the can would limit the affect of smell on the taste; as usual, she may have had a point. Compared to craft beer tallboys that are just solid enough to pour once popped, this 24 oz can is clearly sturdy enough to hold and drink from while boating on the Mississippi or at a garage party when the folks are out of town. With the 8% alcohol clearly highlighted in green on a red background, the design of the beer seems to be little more than a cheap alcohol delivery system to bypass the taste of beer completely, at which is succeeds.

PIcture at http://pintsizedrevelations.blogspot.com/2013/06/bud-light-lime-straw-ber-rita-anheuser.html

06-07-2013 14:23:25 | More by FightingEntropy
M_C_Hampton

Georgia

1.38/5  rDev -40.5%
look: 1 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

A: poured from an 8 oz can into a pint glass, artificial red colored with no head, cloudy

S: artificial strawberry, like a jolly rancher

T: ass is the first word that comes to mind, artificial strawberry and lime, something salty like sweat, pennies

M: sticky sweet filth

O: this is not beer, bud light lime is the sprite of beer and I'm OK with that, this however is 8 oz of sugary artificially flavored abomination, thanks to my buddy The Dude who suffered through a 24 oz and warned me of how bad this is, by the grace of his advice I only have to gulp down 2 more oz of AB tongue rape. Maybe I will violate my rule and feed this one to the septic tank.

06-05-2013 03:09:06 | More by M_C_Hampton
Pegasus

2.5/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: Neon red in color, with a slight white head that utterly vanishes within seconds. An occasional bubble clings to the glass walls. The carbonation is moderate.

Aroma: Rather like strawberry Kool-Aid (tm) laced with vodka and a twist of bitter lime.

Taste: Opens with a strong note of artificial strawberry flavoring, soon followed by an aggressive alcohol note. As the taste progresses, there is a wave of bitter lime rind. Finishes with a juxtaposition of strawberries, lime rind, and vodka.

Mouth feel: Thin, with modest carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: Cheap and accessible, but not very good. Still, worthwhile for the modest price. If you want to experience what a strawberry beer can be, try Van Diest Früli Strawberry Beer. That being said, Früli Strawberry will not be as cheap or potent as Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita.

Presentation: Packaged in a twenty-four ounce aluminum can, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice.

Sourcing: Purchased at HEB in Texas in May of 2013 for $2.59 for a twenty-four ounce can.

06-04-2013 02:16:24 | More by Pegasus
confer

2.6/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.5

Had to try this so I could get a Malt Liquor
I thought my wife would like it and I would only have to drink a little. Turns out she hated it.
This stuff could be strawberry soda. Bright strawberry color with no head.
Smell is sickly sweet. Not as sweet in the taste but still very sweet with a some strawberry taste. At 8% the alcohol is hidden very well.
light with a crisp soda like carbonation finish. I wont be getting this again.

05-27-2013 01:54:36 | More by confer
matjack85

2.81/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 2 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Tall, slender 24oz can. #2.79 at Binny;s in Bloomingdale, IL. I thought all Bud products had born on dates, but no such thing on this one. There is a nonsensical number on the bottom of the can, but what does 13075 BJ66 mean?

Pours a cloudy pink lemonade color with a small pink head that dissipates before you can blink an eye. No lacing.

Smells like strawberry soda and alcohol.

Tastes like a very watered down strawberry margarita. The can suggests you pour it over ice and it is much better that way.

Light and watery, but I prefer that to syrupy, so the mouthfeel was OK for me. Very low carbonation.

Not very beer-like, but still somewhat tasty and refreshing.

05-24-2013 23:29:18 | More by matjack85
dbrauneis

2.63/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

A: Pours a slightly hazy Kool Aid/Hawaiian Punch red in color with some very light amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a minimal amount of thin soapy pink head that reduces to absolutely nothing . No lacing is observed. Could easily be mistaken for a child's beverage - this is a color that does not occur naturally.

S: Light to moderate aromas of artificial strawberry candy with a moderate amount of sweetness. Light notes of alcohol in the nose as the beer warms up.

T: Moderate flavors of sweet artificial strawberry candy (not unlike a Jolly Rancher candy) with some light to moderate flavors of lime towards the finish. There is no trace of the underlying Bud Light in this beer - the flavor is completely obscured by the sweet artificial strawberry.

M: Light bodied with moderate amounts of carbonation. Light amounts of alcohol warming in the finish.

O: Unfortunately, I did not find the alcohol to be well enough hidden in this beer for me - perhaps it would have been better if it had been served even colder (it was just refrigerated as I did not have any crushed ice to pour it over). Much too sweet to be easy to drink but it might be something that a person who does not enjoy beer might like because the flavors are covered.

05-14-2013 22:23:32 | More by dbrauneis
WVbeergeek

1.26/5  rDev -45.7%

8 ounce can for the masses to buy at a dollar a piece, what else can you say. We might as well start reviewing Four Loko because the Watermelon is so much easier to pound than the grape flavor. Pours a slightly haze cherry lollipop red, this is candy folks. No head just red, nose is like strawberry reserves jam mixed with cheap alcohol about to be poured into an adult frozen margarita machine that they have for 11 bucks a piece at those outdoor summer concerts. Kids all I'm catching from this beverage is diabetes, I don't care if it's 8% abv it's putting my liver into shock, should the liver metabolize the alcohol or the high fructose corn syrup. Drink this I guarantee you will be fat and so will your liver. Flavor overkill Jolly Rancher strawberry with a backend of salt and lime juice, get me out of this nightmare. The traditional lime-a-rita was acceptable this is however the most disgusting and devilish nectar of the whores ever produced. Unpalatable and yes I like both varieties of strawberries vine ripened and artificially flavored, there's no beer going on here it's just blurred vision in a can. See the light, hell turn on the red light if you have to and avoid this beer like a case of gonorrhea.

05-13-2013 20:48:41 | More by WVbeergeek
ThisWangsChung

Maryland

1.6/5  rDev -31%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

24 oz can into a glass.

A: Pours a hazy pink color. There's NO head here; a fizzy wisp of white foam quickly fades away to nothing.

S: It smells like frozen strawberry daiquiri mix. I don't really get any detectable lime notes or (thankfully) Bud Light-esque beeriness.

T: Massive amounts of strawberry sweetness prevails over everything else. I have to dock tons of points for its chemical aftertaste and non-existent beer qualities. As a malternative, eh, it's not horrible.

M: There is a huge amount of lingering sweetness - it honestly feels chemical on the palate. I will give it some credit for going down pretty easily given its questionable nature and 8%.

O: A horrid excuse of a beer, plain and simple. However, it's an okay malternative that will quickly get you drunk. Go into it with those expectations and you may not hate it. Personally, I won't touch this stuff ever again.

05-10-2013 22:13:02 | More by ThisWangsChung
metter98

2.74/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

A: The 'beer' is hazy reddish pink in color and has a light to moderate amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a thin pink layer of bubbles covering the surface that quickly died down, leaving only a thin ring around the edge of the glass.
S: Light aromas of sweet strawberry candy are present in the nose.
T: Like the smell, the taste is a little sweet and has flavors that resemble strawberry Jolly Ranchers along with some hints of lime towards the finish.
M: It feels light-bodied (but not watery) on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: The strawberry candy flavors completely obscure the taste of the underlying beer, but when you consider that this is Bud Light, this might not necessarily be considered a bad thing. It is a lot more drinkable compared to the Lime-A-Rita because it isn't as sugary and sour/tart from the limes and doesn't require dilution with ice cubes. No traces of alcohol are perceptible so this makes for a very drinkable malt liquor if someone is looking for a quick buzz.

05-09-2013 02:50:38 | More by metter98