Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita - Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: SometimesIfart on 03-31-2013

Ratings: 396 | Reviews: 65

I don't get why everyone's dogging on this stuff. It is by far the best strawberry/rita beer on the market.

Normally, when me and my bros go out fishing, it's always Coors Light or Miller High Life, but I don't like my beer to taste like beer. My go tos are either Cantillion Lou Pepe Kriek or Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Ita, which is pretty much the same beer, only less expensive.

For a treat during the winter, microwave it and drink it like a mug of hot apple cider.

4.99/5  rDev +119.8%

It comes in great BIG cans & tiny cans – That says “Homerun!” to me. I don’t see those imported Mexican cervesarias letting it all hang out there by putting ‘ritas in a can. The taste is great. No need for salt on the rim. This isn’t some gimmick like another 100 IBU IPA. This is the real deal.

4.98/5  rDev +119.4%

I drank a bunch of these and puked all over my wife's curtains, it was awesome. I could see drinking these all day while riding the CTA and passing out with my pants down and pissing myself. 25 oz cans and 8% ABV? This is the best thing since 4 lokos!

4.98/5  rDev +119.4%

Third best thing I've ever had in my mouth. The flavor explodes with natural flavor.
The caramel color was added in perfectly, how they get that color from caramel is beyond me! I read the can the other day. It recommended I try it over ice. Boom! Amazing! Ahhh! Strawberita, I love it.

4.75/5  rDev +109.3%

I don't really understand all the negative reviews this beverage receives. I actually found it quite enjoyable. Great finish. I could drink these all day and I plan to. Sure its not up there with some of the popular craft beers like blue moon and leinenkugels but I think it is a great summer beer.

4.45/5  rDev +96%

Goes down great. Easy to shotgun on a moving bus! Makes you feel funny. Whats not to love? I could see enjoying these watching the World Cup or riding on a party bus to a kick ass beer bar or barbecuing with your friends. It's a 'rita in a can! POW!

3.94/5  rDev +73.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Very fun version of beer. Fruity, great stereotypical girl drink! Very little beer flavor, so if beer taste is what you are looking for than this is not the drink for you. Definitely drink chilled over ice. Very sweet with great balance of taste. Good to start if switching to beer. The percentage of alcohol may be overwhleming if it is not expected.

3.84/5  rDev +69.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Appearance - clear dark pink in color with no head and visible carbonation

Smell - Artificial strawberry scent that is quickly followed by a aroma of alcohol. I would buy a candle with this smell...

Taste - Basically the same as the smell. It tastes like artificial strawberry flavor followed by a taste of alcohol. It has a good flavor for the amount of alcohol in the drink.

Mouthfeel- Medium bodied with light carbonation.

Overall - I liked it, but I prefer the regular lima-a-rita because it has less of an artificial flavor taste.

3.82/5  rDev +68.3%

For those of us who don't feel like cleaning up the mess after the fact and have a craving for a strawberry margarita, I have to say that this is pretty good!... It's no beer, I know, I live in Asheville, I know what good beer tastes like... but it's a nice alternative....great for an afternoon at the pool; it even tastes like summer...cheers!

3.75/5  rDev +65.2%

Love the ritas but low rating reason is cause of them, the strawberry is the most "off" tasting. its very bitter. very. I like to mix it with the mango one. good drink tho.

3.41/5  rDev +50.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bud Light Straw-Ber-Rita
24 oz. can
$2.99 @ Stop N Shop Liquors, Camden, NJ

Not unlike the Bud Light Lime Lime-A-Rita, this is not really a beer, but a malternative version of a margarita cocktail. This version, however, is of a strawberry margarita. It's bright and sweet, and very strawbery-like in flavor - almost too much so. Given the choice I'd stick with the Lime-A-Rita.

3.33/5  rDev +46.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from a 24 oz. can. Has a pink color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell has some strawberries, not much else. Taste is of strawberries, limes, some sweetness, not bad, but I wouldn't want a steady diet of it. Feels light in the mouth and overall is not a bad beer. I would probably classify this as a fruit beer instead of a malt liquor.

3.33/5  rDev +46.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

cmon people. have a heart! had it at a blind tasting.

3.31/5  rDev +45.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

This was not one of my favorite beers. Like the lime-rita, this beer does not taste enough like beer to me. There are lots of flavors of fruit and margarita in this beer, and most people enjoy it during the hot days of summer. Some times the taste gets too sweet and you must switch it up with a beer. Will be shocked if expecting a beer.

3.18/5  rDev +40.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from an 8 oz can into a pint glass.
Aroma- Smells like a strawberry daiquiri
Appearance -It looks like a strawberry soda with heavy carbonation and no head.
Taste - Not a bad flavor, it is a strawberry daiquiri and I couldn't taste any beer flavorings in this at all.
Palate- Light bodied overly carbonated drink.
Overall - This isn't to bad, don't think this is a fruit beer, it's not. it tastes like a daiquiri, I would drink this again if offered to me.

3.17/5  rDev +39.6%

Served in a 8 oz bottle yea thats what they have in Louisiana the 8 ouncers. Didn't see much of those in other places but they got them around I am sure you know about them.

Well I tried out the lime a rita and didn't think that was too bad tasted a little sugary.

Was pretty siked about trying out the straw ber rita and well needless to say that was not that bad either.

Tasted like an over extensive wine cooler meaning that you could taste the carbonation and the 8% alcohol was apparent not to say the flavor didn't mingle well with it because the drink is a drinkable beverage to say the least.

I could tell it was loaded with sugar and the flavoring was not that good kind of like the lime a rita better believe it or not, you would of thought the straw ber rita was awesome well its not bad, i'd rather get some vodka and some of those cherry or strawberry flavoring liquors and mix it up but whatever you know how it is sometimes.

i would drink this stuff it is 8% gives somewhat of a buzz but the sugary crap makes u wanna chow down so needless to say would probably stick to some brew or something.

3.15/5  rDev +38.8%

Looks great, too much strawberry taste but still very drinkable and pretty much everyone will drink it.

3.13/5  rDev +37.9%

It didn't taste that bad -didn't taste anything like beer

3.12/5  rDev +37.4%

I love that they make a Straw-Ber-Rita mix, as I am not a fan of any of their other products, EVER, but this one has made me a fan of THIS Straw-Ber-Rita drink for life. As a lover of margaritas, this drink it like a liquid version of a margarita. It really reminds me of just drinking juice. ...that is 8% alcohol.

As a seasoned drinker, I wouldn't recommend walking around and drinking this. I sat on my couch watching shows on my laptop while drinking it. You WILL feel this drink, but it shouldn't make you get intoxicated. My cousin buys the 24oz cans by the case from BJ's. I had two 24oz cans last night.

Honestly, I love to hate this drink. It gets a silver star for "Room For Improvement." I would love to give them 5's all across the board, but the fancy can design and the nice drink color are the only full marks they will get from me. It does leave an after-taste that leaves much to be desired, but it won't stop me from drinking it. My liking the drink, overpower's the dislike of the after-taste.

Again, don't let it fool you, you can get a wee bit tipsy off of this drink, whether you coat your stomach with food or not....or maybe its just because I always buy the 24oz can? Either way, this is a okay investment of 8% alcohol.

I don't like the Lime version because it is too citrus-like (I bought the 8oz version last night to see if it could be redeemed...it wasn't), but the Straw-Ber-Rita version that I love is just too tart. If you are a fan of margaritas, both versions of this design DO hit the nail on the head for replicating the taste pretty well---it's just the after taste from seemingly every sip that makes me dislike it.

If I had to answer plain "yes" or "no" to whether I like this drink, I would say "yes." In my opinion, if you're going to buy one, get the Straw-Ber-Rita version. It's not a perfect drink, but it definitely doesn't deserve to get a review of poor.

3.08/5  rDev +35.7%

No BMC hate from me. My wife wanted to try these so I bought a 12 pack. I heard these are good over ice so I poured an 8oz can into a plastic cup with ice by my pool. Pours a cool-aid red with a tiny foam head from my aggressive pour that goes away in seconds. Smells just like it should, heavy strawberry with a slight alcohol scent. 8% ABV is masked so good on this, tastes just like a strawberry margarita with little to no alcohol. I personally don't think it's that bad, for what it is. If you like margaritas on the rocks, these are pretty good. Craft snobs will hate and give their 1's cause its made by a BMC, I on the other hand don't care who makes it and am only rating it for what it says it is.

3.05/5  rDev +34.4%

8oz can purchased for $1.00 at Kroger.

A - bright pink; fizzes as it pours; no head to speak of; this looks like Cherry 7-up

S - artificial strawberry and some lime; very sweet; Kool-Aid-esque

T - artificial strawberry, faint lime, sugar

M - sticky, crisp, light to medium bodied

Strangely this isn't that bad. If you approach it like a Strawberry Margarita and you're in the mood for one, this probably does the trick. This certainly won't hold sway with any hardcore beer drinker and it's probably anathema to snobs and beer zealots, but for those with an open mind this isn't so bad.

3.05/5  rDev +34.4%

its alright, better than the other ritas

3.05/5  rDev +34.4%

Serving style : 8 oz can poured into clear coke glass.

Appearance (1.5) : coke glass is right. This is strawberry pop right here. No head. Just fizz, and a strawberry-watermelon red color. Pretty opaque, though. I've actually seen strawberry soda with more of a head than this!!!

Smell (2) : Like a cheap Vegas strawberry daiquiri. Heavy on alcohol and cut strawberries. I want to say a little aspartame but that might not be entirely correct. It's not a bad smell, but it's definitely NOT beer.

Taste (3.5) : Tart strawberries with a heavy alcohol foundation. Very sweet, very much like ripe strawberries. A residual finish of light honey. There's not much to comment on, this is basically it. What it does taste like is strawberries, so kudos for that.

Mouthfeel (2) : sharp, stabbing carbonation, like prickly strawberries - but somewhat appropriate for this type of malt liquor. When it hits your belly it's like concrete.

Overall (3.05) : The Raspberry one had a little better flavor and more character, but I wouldn't refuse this drink if someone offered it to me. It is very tasty, easy to drink, will get you drunk in two or less, and has almost no objectionable or offensive flavors. It's simply an alcoholic strawberry daiquiri soda pop. Yep.

3.03/5  rDev +33.5%

8 oz. baby can, some kind of a code on the bottom. The temptation to try this latest concoction from the Anheuser-Busch gang was strong. Poured into a miniature wine glass.

A - Pours the color of fruit punch, a murky reddish pink with some bubbles clinging to the bottom of the glass. No head, no lacing.

S - Smell is of brisk carbonation, artificial strawberry sweetness reminiscent of a fruit roll-up, and some nail polish remover alcohol fumes.

T - Taste is fruity, crisp, light, and tart. No real lime coming through, and no natural strawberry seems to be present either. I don't know what it is, but there is something I like about it though. No alcohol is noticeable in the taste.

M - Feel is crisp, tart, and dry. Sticky, artifical, sugary sweetness lingers. Has the consistency of alcoholic soda.

Overall, this isn't beer, it isn't natural, but I can definitely see myself pounding a few of these during a scorching summer's day. Pretty inoffensive, and even pretty tasty when it comes down to it. Rewarding 8.00% abv, although it definitely tastes like less. I can see myself getting into trouble with drinking too many of these (like last night). This is *not* beer, but I'll go ahead and say that it is one of the better things Anheuser-Busch has done lately.

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita ---3/5.

Clear red colored concoction with no head formation.

Smell is of strawberries and nothing else. Not quite true there is some lime and tequila aromas but it really screams strawberry just like the color.

Starts out very sweet and tasting like it smells. You had better like strawberry if you buy one of these.

Mouthfeel is strawberry soda.

Overall not really a beer so much as a beer based strawberry margarita and that is exactly what it is.

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita from Anheuser-Busch