Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita - Anheuser-Busch

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-RitaBud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: SometimesIfart on 03-31-2013

How anyone can give this above a 1 is beyond me. The wife wanted to try it, so we figured $2.50, no huge loss if it sucks. I had one sip, she had one sip, the drain got the rest. I'm not trying just to hate on Bud (I honesty like Bud Light w/ Lime), but this was horrible. I guess you could say it had a taste of cough syrup and malt liquor. If that's your thing, then you may like it. Me, not so much. Sorry, I expect better than this, even from Bud.

this shit is horrible i heard so many people say it was good okay, what do they usally drink sticky cum like shit man i was about puking this stuff up, i wouldint even drink this if was very very thirsty even the cheapest crappy beers are better than this, WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS WRONG \ WITH THIS COMPANY GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR FUCKING ASSES YOU GOT YOUR HEADS SO UP YOUR FUCKING CHEAP ASSHOLES U DONT KNOW SHIT STOP MAKING BEERS GO MAKE FUCKING PUSSYS LIKE YOU ARE USED TOO DOING, KING OF BEERS, MORE LIKE KINGS OF THE CHEAPEST SHIT IN THE WORLD NOBODY WANTS PART OF

Bobby bought this as a joke for his dad while we were at Cheaha State Park. All four of us tried it and all four of us hated it! I'm not sure how they can call this a beer...

1.17/5  rDev -51.9%

I had this because one of my roommates got it for his beer hating gf,

She only drank a couple from the pack he got her and asked me to help finish a few off.

Honestly, this is the worst tasting alcoholic beverage of all time. They should make alcoholics drink this in AA, it will literally make you hate alcohol.

1.21/5  rDev -50.2%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

25 fl oz aluminum can acquired at my local bottle shop. 8% ABV confirmed. Expectations could not be lower. Over 600 calories per can - wow. This is technically a fucking meal. Reviewed live.

Served cold - straight from the fridge. Side-poured with standard vigor.

A: Pours a half finger wide head of pink colour which dissipates inside of three seconds - really pathetic.

Body colour is an unnatural pink-red. Nontransparent. Translucent. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show.

Looks fucking abysmal. Resembles shite koolaid or a crappy juicebox. About as bad as they come. Dreadful.

Sm: Sugary artificial juice. Lime extract, strawberry extract, fruit syrup. Awful and overly sugary. Bubblegum. Blech. No malts, yeast, hops, or alcohol is detectable. An off-putting aroma of high strength. Abominable. Redolent of a child's soft drink.

T: As artificial as any beer I've ever tasted. Extracty syrupy mess. Sweet jesus that's sugary. cloying. Lime. Redolent of a juice intended for the 7 year old demographic. No yeast, hops, alcohol, or malts come through. So it's really not a beer flavour profile at all. Reprehensibly bad. Lollipop, candy, jolly rancher. Ugh. Abysmally imbalanced. Abominably built. Zero complexity; zero subtlety. An awful flavour profile - whether in terms of style or otherwise.

Horrid depth of flavour. Typical flavour duration. Obnoxiously high intensity of flavour in light of its low quality.

Mf: Sticky and juice-like. Might make a good fruit fly trap. Chewy and erosive. I can feel my teeth dissolving. Lightly acidic. Smooth and wet, but by no means approachable or enjoyable. A bit syrupy. Thick. Garbage. Doesn't suit the flavour profile or style at all. Terrible execution.

Dr: There's no way I can finish this can. Interestingly, it's a fair bit better than lime-a-rita, but it's still dreadful. I'll be pouring this reprehensible crap into my freezer bag of budget chicken to use as a makeshift marinade. Better than expected, but I expected it to be downright disgusting. Do people buy this more than once?

1.28/5  rDev -47.3%

8 ounce can for the masses to buy at a dollar a piece, what else can you say. We might as well start reviewing Four Loko because the Watermelon is so much easier to pound than the grape flavor. Pours a slightly haze cherry lollipop red, this is candy folks. No head just red, nose is like strawberry reserves jam mixed with cheap alcohol about to be poured into an adult frozen margarita machine that they have for 11 bucks a piece at those outdoor summer concerts. Kids all I'm catching from this beverage is diabetes, I don't care if it's 8% abv it's putting my liver into shock, should the liver metabolize the alcohol or the high fructose corn syrup. Drink this I guarantee you will be fat and so will your liver. Flavor overkill Jolly Rancher strawberry with a backend of salt and lime juice, get me out of this nightmare. The traditional lime-a-rita was acceptable this is however the most disgusting and devilish nectar of the whores ever produced. Unpalatable and yes I like both varieties of strawberries vine ripened and artificially flavored, there's no beer going on here it's just blurred vision in a can. See the light, hell turn on the red light if you have to and avoid this beer like a case of gonorrhea.

1.42/5  rDev -41.6%

Pours an opaque red color with no head whatsoever. Looks like kook aid. Smells like artificially sweetened strawberry margarita. Taste isn't to bad for a margarita, but this is beer so, it just doesn't fit. Goes down a little harsh. Probably because it's more of a cocktail than beer. Overall this is crap. The can says artificial sweeteners and artificial colors. No beer should ever have either of these.

1.44/5  rDev -40.7%
look: 1 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

A: poured from an 8 oz can into a pint glass, artificial red colored with no head, cloudy

S: artificial strawberry, like a jolly rancher

T: ass is the first word that comes to mind, artificial strawberry and lime, something salty like sweat, pennies

M: sticky sweet filth

O: this is not beer, bud light lime is the sprite of beer and I'm OK with that, this however is 8 oz of sugary artificially flavored abomination, thanks to my buddy The Dude who suffered through a 24 oz and warned me of how bad this is, by the grace of his advice I only have to gulp down 2 more oz of AB tongue rape. Maybe I will violate my rule and feed this one to the septic tank.

1.49/5  rDev -38.7%

Pours a lifeless, fruit punch red color with visible carbonation and no head.
It smells like fruit snacks. The taste is sour, like sour carbonated fruit punch. Cloying sweetness and weird sour taste. A bit of fruit, sweet and sour, and finishes like nothing. Has a small residual heat. Light, watery body. Overall, this is a puzzling concoction but does taste like a bad margarita.

1.5/5  rDev -38.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pretty much tastes like strawberry soda syrup. I couldn't even finish the whole thing or I think I would have thrown up.

Would not seek out, would not buy, and would not drink again.

1.5/5  rDev -38.3%

Poured into cocktail glass.
Appearance: Red and fizzy.
Smell: Artificial strawberry and malt.
Taste: Overpowering, extremely sweet artificial strawberry with a rancid backtaste of bad malt liquor.
Body: Very light, extreme carbonation.
Overall: Could maybe be appealing to some. I would recommend just buying some vodka and mixing your own. Would make me sick after only a couple.

1.52/5  rDev -37.4%

We were at a wedding last weekend and a couple we were chatting with much of the night told a funny story that included a new "beer" called Bud Light Lime Straw-ber-Rita. Aghast at the description, I of course had to buy one when I happened upon it while on a beer run.

Candy red in the glass without a hint of a head on the pour. Besides the advertised lime, the nose smells like a Shirley Temple with too much grenadine and a shot of fresh moonshine floated on top. Syrupy sweet taste of strawberry and lime, but each is independent and not blended at all. Raw alcohol aftertaste burns in spite of the obvious effort at a fruity cover up, leaving almost no discernible beer taste at all.

Maybe I should have tried the suggestion on the side of the can to pour it over ice so the taste would be muted and diluted. My wife admonished me for pouring it into a glass since drinking from the can would limit the affect of smell on the taste; as usual, she may have had a point. Compared to craft beer tallboys that are just solid enough to pour once popped, this 24 oz can is clearly sturdy enough to hold and drink from while boating on the Mississippi or at a garage party when the folks are out of town. With the 8% alcohol clearly highlighted in green on a red background, the design of the beer seems to be little more than a cheap alcohol delivery system to bypass the taste of beer completely, at which is succeeds.

PIcture at http://pintsizedrevelations.blogspot.com/2013/06/bud-light-lime-straw-ber-rita-anheuser.html

1.62/5  rDev -33.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

24 oz can into a glass.

A: Pours a hazy pink color. There's NO head here; a fizzy wisp of white foam quickly fades away to nothing.

S: It smells like frozen strawberry daiquiri mix. I don't really get any detectable lime notes or (thankfully) Bud Light-esque beeriness.

T: Massive amounts of strawberry sweetness prevails over everything else. I have to dock tons of points for its chemical aftertaste and non-existent beer qualities. As a malternative, eh, it's not horrible.

M: There is a huge amount of lingering sweetness - it honestly feels chemical on the palate. I will give it some credit for going down pretty easily given its questionable nature and 8%.

O: A horrid excuse of a beer, plain and simple. However, it's an okay malternative that will quickly get you drunk. Go into it with those expectations and you may not hate it. Personally, I won't touch this stuff ever again.

1.64/5  rDev -32.5%
look: 1 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Gag from Christmas.

25 oz can - drunk straight from the can, because this garbage isn't worth dirtying up a glass.

A - I've been told this mess is pink.

S - Strawberry slushie and flintstones vitamin chews.

T - Three sips in I already had a hangover. It tastes like that feeling sorority girls get as they've taken one too many jello shots, and start to cry hysterically on a thirty year old couch in a frat house.

M - Chewier than some fruit stripe gum (the stuff with the animals on it with 3-second flavor).

O - Any malt beverage that recommends you pour it over ice is an abomination.

1.68/5  rDev -30.9%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 3

Poured from 16oz can into a pint glass. I've been wary of reviewing more malt liquors, as it means I have to drink them. But after reading all of this beer's positive-troll (is this a thing?) reviews, I just had to give it a try.

Appearance: somewhere between pink lemonade and ruby red grapefruit juice. No head, light effervescence. I'm almost surprised this is considered beer.

Smell: a handful of lime Runts and a handful of strawberry Runts dissolved in a Bud Light. While in some contexts this would not be a bad aroma, as a beer it is pretty much the worst.

Taste: like the aroma but not as pleasant. This is an alcopop. It may not deserve to be listed on this site.

Mouthfeel: light and unexciting. It could potentially be worse.

Overall: not a good beer. A decent alcopop.

1.79/5  rDev -26.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

Pours a bright red with a lot of sugar on the nose. This wasn't my kind of drink so maybe I'm biased but I did not care for the taste. Overly sweet with very little in the way of any real flavors. You get a punch of artificial strawberry and then it's just pure sugar. No salt or lime I could detect to make it like a margarita.

1.81/5  rDev -25.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Pours a Kool-Aid orange-red with a fizzy carbonation that dies quickly. Looks flat after a mere minute.

Smells like artificial strawberry candy, artificial lime syrup, aspartame, and Comet cleaner. The faintest glimmer of malt... Yikes!

Toilet bowl cleaner, acidity, grapefruit candy, fake strawberry, and melted lime freeze pop. Sweet as all hell. Abrasive liquory finish with solvent notes and Splenda mouth-suckage. Soda pop thin with that tacky glaze of fake sugar. I want to burp, but I can't. Not enough carbonation to do so.

Straight god-awful. Don't do it. Exception: it's good to know what the kids are drinking these days.

2.04/5  rDev -16%

Poured this Malt Liquor from a 22 oz can into a pint glass. Poured a clear pink color, produced no head and no lacing. The aroma consisted of malted grain and strawberries-
Light in body, there is a base of malt, but there is a ton of artificial strawberry flavor- Lightly carbonated- This was not good- way to sweet- no balance- i felt like i was drinking a wine cooler. Piss Poor.

2.07/5  rDev -14.8%

8 oz. can poured into a mini shaker glass, this the Bud Light 'Lime' Straw-BER-Rita. Shows a strawberry esque color with a half second of head retention. A firm pop belies the light carbonation. Aroma of sweet fruit yet not obviously artificial in nature. Taste is juicy and slightly tart on the finish; sweet enough to mask the ABV which I guess is the point behind it all. Warming gives it a bit of a wine cooler flavor which I guess is what it is, as wine coolers don't seem to have wine in them any longer anyway. Goes down easily and would confuse grandma and the grandkids as well if you kept that 8% thing to yourself, not that I would recommend such things..

2.1/5  rDev -13.6%

This is not a beer. It does taste good but not in a beer kind of way. It is more like a weak margarita. Which is what they wer going for I guess but I would not buy this for myself or any beer lover. Had a can given to me so I had to rate it. Very sweet no bitterness no spice no beer flavor.

2.14/5  rDev -11.9%

From the 25 fl. oz. can marked 14079-BK10. Sampled on May 10, 2014.

The pour. You're kidding me. Red. Quick burst of white fizzy head and then stagnant red. Good grief.

The aroma. Strawberries. Fruit juice. Any malts or hops are invisible. But it is a fruit beer so I will grade it better than the way it looks.

Body. Light. I guess that is the way it is supposed to be so that would be average.

Taste. Strawberry juice. Sugar. Sweet to the extreme. Oh, and yes, a bit of lime in the mix. I always try to find the positives in every beer I drink. Hmm...can't think of many. I guess I will have to give it kudos for its body texture. And the 8% ABV is well masked. It reminds me of the old wine coolers that were so popular in the 80's.

2.18/5  rDev -10.3%

25oz can poured into a pint glass

A- pours a hazy pinkish red color with a fizzy white head that disappears completely, looking exactly like a strawberry soda

S- strawberry soda and alcohol, not much else to say

T- artificial strawberry soda loaded with sugar and alcohol, pretty much tastes like a wine cooler

M- watery mouthfeel and carbonation leads to a spritz body and finish

O- how can this be considered beer? This is a wine cooler, disguised as a beer

2.2/5  rDev -9.5%

236ml can, a not so surprising find in my local liquor store's remainder bin.

This beer pours a clear, stupid orange-tinged bright pink colour, with zero head, zero lace, and zero beer cred thus far, so sorry for this short-ass paragraph.

It smells like those strawberry yuk-a-fluxes we had back in first year university - sugary strawberry concentrate from the grocery store, whatever random citrus fruit anyone had kicking around, and a hefty dose of the best vodka you could afford - read: not all that smooth. The taste is more of the same, but with a subtle, oh so subtle reference to the cheap lager spilled on the floor earlier by those dudes who insisted on pursuing their small-town adherence to such.

The carbonation is pretty low-key, in the vein of coolers everywhere, the body a hefty medium weight, all attributable to that fake fruity, sugar inherent nature - any smoothness not really on the table as such right now. It finishes mostly sweet, sugary, and still a forgery in its prominently sugary character.

I can't hate this outright - sure, it's nothing like a beer, so the end score reflects that, but the actual taste is ok, once that initial hump is passed by. Not beer, ok, but for a general fruit admirer this is ok, which I know is getting way off-topic, but I'm only keeping in tune with the brewer's intent here, as it were.

2.21/5  rDev -9.1%

Bud Light Lime "STRAW*ber*RITA" pours a watery tomato juice red from a pop top 8 fl oz. aluminum can that is brightly lithographed in red, green, and some white, with a picture of the mixed drink. No foam head or lacing... no eye candy.

Nose is a strawberry shampoo strawberry, not unpleasant, but will make you question why you are drinking what you are reviewing.

Taste is an up front sweet, followed by a sour lime strawberry . It is the artificial sweetener that gives this beverage the poor taste.

After taste is, well... a sour lime strawberry.

Overall, for a low calorie alcopop, this will find a following, I just will not be counted among them.

2.5/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: Neon red in color, with a slight white head that utterly vanishes within seconds. An occasional bubble clings to the glass walls. The carbonation is moderate.

Aroma: Rather like strawberry Kool-Aid (tm) laced with vodka and a twist of bitter lime.

Taste: Opens with a strong note of artificial strawberry flavoring, soon followed by an aggressive alcohol note. As the taste progresses, there is a wave of bitter lime rind. Finishes with a juxtaposition of strawberries, lime rind, and vodka.

Mouth feel: Thin, with modest carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: Cheap and accessible, but not very good. Still, worthwhile for the modest price. If you want to experience what a strawberry beer can be, try Van Diest Früli Strawberry Beer. That being said, Früli Strawberry will not be as cheap or potent as Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita.

Presentation: Packaged in a twenty-four ounce aluminum can, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice.

Sourcing: Purchased at HEB in Texas in May of 2013 for $2.59 for a twenty-four ounce can.

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita from Anheuser-Busch