Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: SometimesIfart on 03-31-2013)

2.5/5  rDev +10.6%

2.08/5  rDev -8%

8 oz. can poured into a mini shaker glass, this the Bud Light 'Lime' Straw-BER-Rita. Shows a strawberry esque color with a half second of head retention. A firm pop belies the light carbonation. Aroma of sweet fruit yet not obviously artificial in nature. Taste is juicy and slightly tart on the finish; sweet enough to mask the ABV which I guess is the point behind it all. Warming gives it a bit of a wine cooler flavor which I guess is what it is, as wine coolers don't seem to have wine in them any longer anyway. Goes down easily and would confuse grandma and the grandkids as well if you kept that 8% thing to yourself, not that I would recommend such things..

4.98/5  rDev +120.4%

I drank a bunch of these and puked all over my wife's curtains, it was awesome. I could see drinking these all day while riding the CTA and passing out with my pants down and pissing myself. 25 oz cans and 8% ABV? This is the best thing since 4 lokos!

4.98/5  rDev +120.4%

Third best thing I've ever had in my mouth. The flavor explodes with natural flavor.
The caramel color was added in perfectly, how they get that color from caramel is beyond me! I read the can the other day. It recommended I try it over ice. Boom! Amazing! Ahhh! Strawberita, I love it.

4.99/5  rDev +120.8%

It comes in great BIG cans & tiny cans – That says “Homerun!” to me. I don’t see those imported Mexican cervesarias letting it all hang out there by putting ‘ritas in a can. The taste is great. No need for salt on the rim. This isn’t some gimmick like another 100 IBU IPA. This is the real deal.

4.4/5  rDev +94.7%

Goes down great. Easy to shotgun on a moving bus! Makes you feel funny. Whats not to love? I could see enjoying these watching the World Cup or riding on a party bus to a kick ass beer bar or barbecuing with your friends. It's a 'rita in a can! POW!

4.79/5  rDev +111.9%

I don't really understand all the negative reviews this beverage receives. I actually found it quite enjoyable. Great finish. I could drink these all day and I plan to. Sure its not up there with some of the popular craft beers like blue moon and leinenkugels but I think it is a great summer beer.

2.25/5  rDev -0.4%