Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: SometimesIfart on 03-31-2013)
View: Beers (79) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
riemster

1.5/5  rDev -35.3%

06-29-2013 07:56:56 | More by riemster
JISurfer

South Carolina

How anyone can give this above a 1 is beyond me. The wife wanted to try it, so we figured $2.50, no huge loss if it sucks. I had one sip, she had one sip, the drain got the rest. I'm not trying just to hate on Bud (I honesty like Bud Light w/ Lime), but this was horrible. I guess you could say it had a taste of cough syrup and malt liquor. If that's your thing, then you may like it. Me, not so much. Sorry, I expect better than this, even from Bud.

06-29-2013 00:57:33 | More by JISurfer

Idaho

06-27-2013 20:03:53 | More by zestd
AshlixTee

3.1/5  rDev +33.6%

I love that they make a Straw-Ber-Rita mix, as I am not a fan of any of their other products, EVER, but this one has made me a fan of THIS Straw-Ber-Rita drink for life. As a lover of margaritas, this drink it like a liquid version of a margarita. It really reminds me of just drinking juice. ...that is 8% alcohol.

As a seasoned drinker, I wouldn't recommend walking around and drinking this. I sat on my couch watching shows on my laptop while drinking it. You WILL feel this drink, but it shouldn't make you get intoxicated. My cousin buys the 24oz cans by the case from BJ's. I had two 24oz cans last night.

Honestly, I love to hate this drink. It gets a silver star for "Room For Improvement." I would love to give them 5's all across the board, but the fancy can design and the nice drink color are the only full marks they will get from me. It does leave an after-taste that leaves much to be desired, but it won't stop me from drinking it. My liking the drink, overpower's the dislike of the after-taste.

Again, don't let it fool you, you can get a wee bit tipsy off of this drink, whether you coat your stomach with food or not....or maybe its just because I always buy the 24oz can? Either way, this is a okay investment of 8% alcohol.

I don't like the Lime version because it is too citrus-like (I bought the 8oz version last night to see if it could be redeemed...it wasn't), but the Straw-Ber-Rita version that I love is just too tart. If you are a fan of margaritas, both versions of this design DO hit the nail on the head for replicating the taste pretty well---it's just the after taste from seemingly every sip that makes me dislike it.

If I had to answer plain "yes" or "no" to whether I like this drink, I would say "yes." In my opinion, if you're going to buy one, get the Straw-Ber-Rita version. It's not a perfect drink, but it definitely doesn't deserve to get a review of poor.

06-23-2013 07:43:53 | More by AshlixTee
GossageBrewery

Missouri

1.98/5  rDev -14.7%

Poured this Malt Liquor from a 22 oz can into a pint glass. Poured a clear pink color, produced no head and no lacing. The aroma consisted of malted grain and strawberries-
Light in body, there is a base of malt, but there is a ton of artificial strawberry flavor- Lightly carbonated- This was not good- way to sweet- no balance- i felt like i was drinking a wine cooler. Piss Poor.

06-21-2013 04:48:57 | More by GossageBrewery

Washington

06-10-2013 23:20:15 | More by mdaschaf
FightingEntropy

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

We were at a wedding last weekend and a couple we were chatting with much of the night told a funny story that included a new "beer" called Bud Light Lime Straw-ber-Rita. Aghast at the description, I of course had to buy one when I happened upon it while on a beer run.

Candy red in the glass without a hint of a head on the pour. Besides the advertised lime, the nose smells like a Shirley Temple with too much grenadine and a shot of fresh moonshine floated on top. Syrupy sweet taste of strawberry and lime, but each is independent and not blended at all. Raw alcohol aftertaste burns in spite of the obvious effort at a fruity cover up, leaving almost no discernible beer taste at all.

Maybe I should have tried the suggestion on the side of the can to pour it over ice so the taste would be muted and diluted. My wife admonished me for pouring it into a glass since drinking from the can would limit the affect of smell on the taste; as usual, she may have had a point. Compared to craft beer tallboys that are just solid enough to pour once popped, this 24 oz can is clearly sturdy enough to hold and drink from while boating on the Mississippi or at a garage party when the folks are out of town. With the 8% alcohol clearly highlighted in green on a red background, the design of the beer seems to be little more than a cheap alcohol delivery system to bypass the taste of beer completely, at which is succeeds.

PIcture at http://pintsizedrevelations.blogspot.com/2013/06/bud-light-lime-straw-ber-rita-anheuser.html

06-07-2013 14:23:25 | More by FightingEntropy
robthepenguin

2.25/5  rDev -3%

06-05-2013 05:11:52 | More by robthepenguin
M_C_Hampton

Georgia

1.38/5  rDev -40.5%
look: 1 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

A: poured from an 8 oz can into a pint glass, artificial red colored with no head, cloudy

S: artificial strawberry, like a jolly rancher

T: ass is the first word that comes to mind, artificial strawberry and lime, something salty like sweat, pennies

M: sticky sweet filth

O: this is not beer, bud light lime is the sprite of beer and I'm OK with that, this however is 8 oz of sugary artificially flavored abomination, thanks to my buddy The Dude who suffered through a 24 oz and warned me of how bad this is, by the grace of his advice I only have to gulp down 2 more oz of AB tongue rape. Maybe I will violate my rule and feed this one to the septic tank.

06-05-2013 03:09:06 | More by M_C_Hampton
Pegasus

2.5/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: Neon red in color, with a slight white head that utterly vanishes within seconds. An occasional bubble clings to the glass walls. The carbonation is moderate.

Aroma: Rather like strawberry Kool-Aid (tm) laced with vodka and a twist of bitter lime.

Taste: Opens with a strong note of artificial strawberry flavoring, soon followed by an aggressive alcohol note. As the taste progresses, there is a wave of bitter lime rind. Finishes with a juxtaposition of strawberries, lime rind, and vodka.

Mouth feel: Thin, with modest carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: Cheap and accessible, but not very good. Still, worthwhile for the modest price. If you want to experience what a strawberry beer can be, try Van Diest Früli Strawberry Beer. That being said, Früli Strawberry will not be as cheap or potent as Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita.

Presentation: Packaged in a twenty-four ounce aluminum can, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice.

Sourcing: Purchased at HEB in Texas in May of 2013 for $2.59 for a twenty-four ounce can.

06-04-2013 02:16:24 | More by Pegasus

confer

2.6/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.5

Had to try this so I could get a Malt Liquor
I thought my wife would like it and I would only have to drink a little. Turns out she hated it.
This stuff could be strawberry soda. Bright strawberry color with no head.
Smell is sickly sweet. Not as sweet in the taste but still very sweet with a some strawberry taste. At 8% the alcohol is hidden very well.
light with a crisp soda like carbonation finish. I wont be getting this again.

05-27-2013 01:54:36 | More by confer

05-25-2013 03:54:51 | More by mulliwater
matjack85

2.81/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 2 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Tall, slender 24oz can. #2.79 at Binny;s in Bloomingdale, IL. I thought all Bud products had born on dates, but no such thing on this one. There is a nonsensical number on the bottom of the can, but what does 13075 BJ66 mean?

Pours a cloudy pink lemonade color with a small pink head that dissipates before you can blink an eye. No lacing.

Smells like strawberry soda and alcohol.

Tastes like a very watered down strawberry margarita. The can suggests you pour it over ice and it is much better that way.

Light and watery, but I prefer that to syrupy, so the mouthfeel was OK for me. Very low carbonation.

Not very beer-like, but still somewhat tasty and refreshing.

05-24-2013 23:29:18 | More by matjack85