Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita - Anheuser-Busch

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: SometimesIfart on 03-31-2013

Ratings: 396 | Reviews: 65
4.99/5  rDev +119.8%

It comes in great BIG cans & tiny cans – That says “Homerun!” to me. I don’t see those imported Mexican cervesarias letting it all hang out there by putting ‘ritas in a can. The taste is great. No need for salt on the rim. This isn’t some gimmick like another 100 IBU IPA. This is the real deal.

4.45/5  rDev +96%

Goes down great. Easy to shotgun on a moving bus! Makes you feel funny. Whats not to love? I could see enjoying these watching the World Cup or riding on a party bus to a kick ass beer bar or barbecuing with your friends. It's a 'rita in a can! POW!

4.75/5  rDev +109.3%

I don't really understand all the negative reviews this beverage receives. I actually found it quite enjoyable. Great finish. I could drink these all day and I plan to. Sure its not up there with some of the popular craft beers like blue moon and leinenkugels but I think it is a great summer beer.

1.5/5  rDev -33.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pretty much tastes like strawberry soda syrup.

Would not seek out, would not buy, and would not drink again.

2.14/5  rDev -5.7%

From the 25 fl. oz. can marked 14079-BK10. Sampled on May 10, 2014.

The pour. You're kidding me. Red. Quick burst of white fizzy head and then stagnant red. Good grief.

The aroma. Strawberries. Fruit juice. Any malts or hops are invisible. But it is a fruit beer so I will grade it better than the way it looks.

Body. Light. I guess that is the way it is supposed to be so that would be average.

Taste. Strawberry juice. Sugar. Sweet to the extreme. Oh, and yes, a bit of lime in the mix. I always try to find the positives in every beer I drink. Hmm...can't think of many. I guess I will have to give it kudos for its body texture. And the 8% ABV is well masked. It reminds me of the old wine coolers that were so popular in the 80's.

2.2/5  rDev -3.1%

236ml can, a not so surprising find in my local liquor store's remainder bin.

This beer pours a clear, stupid orange-tinged bright pink colour, with zero head, zero lace, and zero beer cred thus far, so sorry for this short-ass paragraph.

It smells like those strawberry yuk-a-fluxes we had back in first year university - sugary strawberry concentrate from the grocery store, whatever random citrus fruit anyone had kicking around, and a hefty dose of the best vodka you could afford - read: not all that smooth. The taste is more of the same, but with a subtle, oh so subtle reference to the cheap lager spilled on the floor earlier by those dudes who insisted on pursuing their small-town adherence to such.

The carbonation is pretty low-key, in the vein of coolers everywhere, the body a hefty medium weight, all attributable to that fake fruity, sugar inherent nature - any smoothness not really on the table as such right now. It finishes mostly sweet, sugary, and still a forgery in its prominently sugary character.

I can't hate this outright - sure, it's nothing like a beer, so the end score reflects that, but the actual taste is ok, once that initial hump is passed by. Not beer, ok, but for a general fruit admirer this is ok, which I know is getting way off-topic, but I'm only keeping in tune with the brewer's intent here, as it were.

1.64/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 1 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Gag from Christmas.

25 oz can - drunk straight from the can, because this garbage isn't worth dirtying up a glass.

A - I've been told this mess is pink.

S - Strawberry slushie and flintstones vitamin chews.

T - Three sips in I already had a hangover. It tastes like that feeling sorority girls get as they've taken one too many jello shots, and start to cry hysterically on a thirty year old couch in a frat house.

M - Chewier than some fruit stripe gum (the stuff with the animals on it with 3-second flavor).

O - Any malt beverage that recommends you pour it over ice is an abomination.

2.61/5  rDev +15%

This is not beer. BUT, it's OK to drink. Tasted like alcoholic strawberry soda if that makes sense. It has enough alcohol for a nice little kick. I would drink think this around the pool or something if someone had it, but I wouldn't buy it. I would most certainly drink this over Natty Ice, Bud Light, Corona etc...

1.81/5  rDev -20.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Pours a Kool-Aid orange-red with a fizzy carbonation that dies quickly. Looks flat after a mere minute.

Smells like artificial strawberry candy, artificial lime syrup, aspartame, and Comet cleaner. The faintest glimmer of malt... Yikes!

Toilet bowl cleaner, acidity, grapefruit candy, fake strawberry, and melted lime freeze pop. Sweet as all hell. Abrasive liquory finish with solvent notes and Splenda mouth-suckage. Soda pop thin with that tacky glaze of fake sugar. I want to burp, but I can't. Not enough carbonation to do so.

Straight god-awful. Don't do it. Exception: it's good to know what the kids are drinking these days.

1.49/5  rDev -34.4%

Pours a lifeless, fruit punch red color with visible carbonation and no head.
It smells like fruit snacks. The taste is sour, like sour carbonated fruit punch. Cloying sweetness and weird sour taste. A bit of fruit, sweet and sour, and finishes like nothing. Has a small residual heat. Light, watery body. Overall, this is a puzzling concoction but does taste like a bad margarita.

2.1/5  rDev -7.5%

This is not a beer. It does taste good but not in a beer kind of way. It is more like a weak margarita. Which is what they wer going for I guess but I would not buy this for myself or any beer lover. Had a can given to me so I had to rate it. Very sweet no bitterness no spice no beer flavor.

2.79/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

24 FL. OZ. can
Served in a Westvleteren XII goblet (closest I had to margarita glass. Blashemy. I know)

A - It looks like fruit punch. There is no head at all.

S - I smell strawberry and lime.

T - My first instinct is that this tastes like red pop. I do get some lime in the finish and aftertaste.

M - Thin like flat soda.

O - This tastes like red pop with a hint of lime. There is no discernible alcohol. I got this for the gf to go with the Mexican meal I was preparing and figured I'd try it. It is very sweet.

1.21/5  rDev -46.7%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

25 fl oz aluminum can acquired at my local bottle shop. 8% ABV confirmed. Expectations could not be lower. Over 600 calories per can - wow. This is technically a fucking meal. Reviewed live.

Served cold - straight from the fridge. Side-poured with standard vigor.

A: Pours a half finger wide head of pink colour which dissipates inside of three seconds - really pathetic.

Body colour is an unnatural pink-red. Nontransparent. Translucent. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show.

Looks fucking abysmal. Resembles shite koolaid or a crappy juicebox. About as bad as they come. Dreadful.

Sm: Sugary artificial juice. Lime extract, strawberry extract, fruit syrup. Awful and overly sugary. Bubblegum. Blech. No malts, yeast, hops, or alcohol is detectable. An off-putting aroma of high strength. Abominable. Redolent of a child's soft drink.

T: As artificial as any beer I've ever tasted. Extracty syrupy mess. Sweet jesus that's sugary. cloying. Lime. Redolent of a juice intended for the 7 year old demographic. No yeast, hops, alcohol, or malts come through. So it's really not a beer flavour profile at all. Reprehensibly bad. Lollipop, candy, jolly rancher. Ugh. Abysmally imbalanced. Abominably built. Zero complexity; zero subtlety. An awful flavour profile - whether in terms of style or otherwise.

Horrid depth of flavour. Typical flavour duration. Obnoxiously high intensity of flavour in light of its low quality.

Mf: Sticky and juice-like. Might make a good fruit fly trap. Chewy and erosive. I can feel my teeth dissolving. Lightly acidic. Smooth and wet, but by no means approachable or enjoyable. A bit syrupy. Thick. Garbage. Doesn't suit the flavour profile or style at all. Terrible execution.

Dr: There's no way I can finish this can. Interestingly, it's a fair bit better than lime-a-rita, but it's still dreadful. I'll be pouring this reprehensible crap into my freezer bag of budget chicken to use as a makeshift marinade. Better than expected, but I expected it to be downright disgusting. Do people buy this more than once?

F

3.82/5  rDev +68.3%

For those of us who don't feel like cleaning up the mess after the fact and have a craving for a strawberry margarita, I have to say that this is pretty good!... It's no beer, I know, I live in Asheville, I know what good beer tastes like... but it's a nice alternative....great for an afternoon at the pool; it even tastes like summer...cheers!

2.21/5  rDev -2.6%

Bud Light Lime "STRAW*ber*RITA" pours a watery tomato juice red from a pop top 8 fl oz. aluminum can that is brightly lithographed in red, green, and some white, with a picture of the mixed drink. No foam head or lacing... no eye candy.

Nose is a strawberry shampoo strawberry, not unpleasant, but will make you question why you are drinking what you are reviewing.

Taste is an up front sweet, followed by a sour lime strawberry . It is the artificial sweetener that gives this beverage the poor taste.

After taste is, well... a sour lime strawberry.

Overall, for a low calorie alcopop, this will find a following, I just will not be counted among them.

I drank this straight out of a can, so I gave the appearance an even three. Twas consumed on a Friday night in a run-down deli with some friends. Had the beginnings of an ugly night but it didn't go there thankfully.

Nothing much to say other than this tasted just like a carbonated, strawberry margarita with some bitterness towards the end. Nothing special but no offensive, off flavors. Sharp carbonation. For what it is, its not bad, not sure why some reviewers are so hostile to it. Oh well. Cheers.

3.33/5  rDev +46.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from a 24 oz. can. Has a pink color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell has some strawberries, not much else. Taste is of strawberries, limes, some sweetness, not bad, but I wouldn't want a steady diet of it. Feels light in the mouth and overall is not a bad beer. I would probably classify this as a fruit beer instead of a malt liquor.

3.08/5  rDev +35.7%

No BMC hate from me. My wife wanted to try these so I bought a 12 pack. I heard these are good over ice so I poured an 8oz can into a plastic cup with ice by my pool. Pours a cool-aid red with a tiny foam head from my aggressive pour that goes away in seconds. Smells just like it should, heavy strawberry with a slight alcohol scent. 8% ABV is masked so good on this, tastes just like a strawberry margarita with little to no alcohol. I personally don't think it's that bad, for what it is. If you like margaritas on the rocks, these are pretty good. Craft snobs will hate and give their 1's cause its made by a BMC, I on the other hand don't care who makes it and am only rating it for what it says it is.

How anyone can give this above a 1 is beyond me. The wife wanted to try it, so we figured $2.50, no huge loss if it sucks. I had one sip, she had one sip, the drain got the rest. I'm not trying just to hate on Bud (I honesty like Bud Light w/ Lime), but this was horrible. I guess you could say it had a taste of cough syrup and malt liquor. If that's your thing, then you may like it. Me, not so much. Sorry, I expect better than this, even from Bud.

3.12/5  rDev +37.4%

I love that they make a Straw-Ber-Rita mix, as I am not a fan of any of their other products, EVER, but this one has made me a fan of THIS Straw-Ber-Rita drink for life. As a lover of margaritas, this drink it like a liquid version of a margarita. It really reminds me of just drinking juice. ...that is 8% alcohol.

As a seasoned drinker, I wouldn't recommend walking around and drinking this. I sat on my couch watching shows on my laptop while drinking it. You WILL feel this drink, but it shouldn't make you get intoxicated. My cousin buys the 24oz cans by the case from BJ's. I had two 24oz cans last night.

Honestly, I love to hate this drink. It gets a silver star for "Room For Improvement." I would love to give them 5's all across the board, but the fancy can design and the nice drink color are the only full marks they will get from me. It does leave an after-taste that leaves much to be desired, but it won't stop me from drinking it. My liking the drink, overpower's the dislike of the after-taste.

Again, don't let it fool you, you can get a wee bit tipsy off of this drink, whether you coat your stomach with food or not....or maybe its just because I always buy the 24oz can? Either way, this is a okay investment of 8% alcohol.

I don't like the Lime version because it is too citrus-like (I bought the 8oz version last night to see if it could be redeemed...it wasn't), but the Straw-Ber-Rita version that I love is just too tart. If you are a fan of margaritas, both versions of this design DO hit the nail on the head for replicating the taste pretty well---it's just the after taste from seemingly every sip that makes me dislike it.

If I had to answer plain "yes" or "no" to whether I like this drink, I would say "yes." In my opinion, if you're going to buy one, get the Straw-Ber-Rita version. It's not a perfect drink, but it definitely doesn't deserve to get a review of poor.

2.04/5  rDev -10.1%

Poured this Malt Liquor from a 22 oz can into a pint glass. Poured a clear pink color, produced no head and no lacing. The aroma consisted of malted grain and strawberries-
Light in body, there is a base of malt, but there is a ton of artificial strawberry flavor- Lightly carbonated- This was not good- way to sweet- no balance- i felt like i was drinking a wine cooler. Piss Poor.

1.52/5  rDev -33%

We were at a wedding last weekend and a couple we were chatting with much of the night told a funny story that included a new "beer" called Bud Light Lime Straw-ber-Rita. Aghast at the description, I of course had to buy one when I happened upon it while on a beer run.

Candy red in the glass without a hint of a head on the pour. Besides the advertised lime, the nose smells like a Shirley Temple with too much grenadine and a shot of fresh moonshine floated on top. Syrupy sweet taste of strawberry and lime, but each is independent and not blended at all. Raw alcohol aftertaste burns in spite of the obvious effort at a fruity cover up, leaving almost no discernible beer taste at all.

Maybe I should have tried the suggestion on the side of the can to pour it over ice so the taste would be muted and diluted. My wife admonished me for pouring it into a glass since drinking from the can would limit the affect of smell on the taste; as usual, she may have had a point. Compared to craft beer tallboys that are just solid enough to pour once popped, this 24 oz can is clearly sturdy enough to hold and drink from while boating on the Mississippi or at a garage party when the folks are out of town. With the 8% alcohol clearly highlighted in green on a red background, the design of the beer seems to be little more than a cheap alcohol delivery system to bypass the taste of beer completely, at which is succeeds.

PIcture at http://pintsizedrevelations.blogspot.com/2013/06/bud-light-lime-straw-ber-rita-anheuser.html

1.44/5  rDev -36.6%
look: 1 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

A: poured from an 8 oz can into a pint glass, artificial red colored with no head, cloudy

S: artificial strawberry, like a jolly rancher

T: ass is the first word that comes to mind, artificial strawberry and lime, something salty like sweat, pennies

M: sticky sweet filth

O: this is not beer, bud light lime is the sprite of beer and I'm OK with that, this however is 8 oz of sugary artificially flavored abomination, thanks to my buddy The Dude who suffered through a 24 oz and warned me of how bad this is, by the grace of his advice I only have to gulp down 2 more oz of AB tongue rape. Maybe I will violate my rule and feed this one to the septic tank.

2.5/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: Neon red in color, with a slight white head that utterly vanishes within seconds. An occasional bubble clings to the glass walls. The carbonation is moderate.

Aroma: Rather like strawberry Kool-Aid (tm) laced with vodka and a twist of bitter lime.

Taste: Opens with a strong note of artificial strawberry flavoring, soon followed by an aggressive alcohol note. As the taste progresses, there is a wave of bitter lime rind. Finishes with a juxtaposition of strawberries, lime rind, and vodka.

Mouth feel: Thin, with modest carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: Cheap and accessible, but not very good. Still, worthwhile for the modest price. If you want to experience what a strawberry beer can be, try Van Diest Früli Strawberry Beer. That being said, Früli Strawberry will not be as cheap or potent as Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita.

Presentation: Packaged in a twenty-four ounce aluminum can, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice.

Sourcing: Purchased at HEB in Texas in May of 2013 for $2.59 for a twenty-four ounce can.

2.6/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.5

Had to try this so I could get a Malt Liquor
I thought my wife would like it and I would only have to drink a little. Turns out she hated it.
This stuff could be strawberry soda. Bright strawberry color with no head.
Smell is sickly sweet. Not as sweet in the taste but still very sweet with a some strawberry taste. At 8% the alcohol is hidden very well.
light with a crisp soda like carbonation finish. I wont be getting this again.

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita from Anheuser-Busch