County Line IPA - Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company

County Line IPACounty Line IPA

good

Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

(Beer added by: TheFightfan1 on 06-11-2012)
BFCarr

09-01-2014 00:02:01 | More by BFCarr
woodychandler

3.75/5  rDev +1.4%

They only recently began CANning this one and when a buddy dropped a CAN off for me, I sent it off to the mighty JenRay! I knew that The Friendly Greek Bottle Shop had an upcoming Neshaminy Creek event and that I could reload on CANs at that time. Sure enough, The CANQuest (TM) abides!

From the CAN: "Five Hop India Pale Ale".

Of course it was brimful on the Crack! and I celebrated with an inverted Glug because that is how I do. This created two fingers of puffy, bubbly, tawny head with decent retention. Color was an oh-so-slightly hazy Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 -5). Nose smelled like fresh Dank or five hops, I am unsure which. Jeezus! The hops were buck wild. Mouthfeel was medium. The power of the hops was on me immediately in the mouth. Just five hops?!? It felt like 300. It was about as close to saturation without going overboard as I have experienced in a while. It was cool mint, menthol and pine. I could use this as mouthwash. Actually, I have. Man, was this a hophead's wet dream, but it was totally unbalanced, so it would not be for everybody. About four weeks ago, my old buddy, Ken and I went on an IPA binge and he would have really dug this. Today is his birthday. Onward! Finish was so frickin' dry that I had to reach for my asthma inhaler. Great googly moogly. No playing around here.

08-30-2014 22:59:33 | More by woodychandler

3.92/5  rDev +5.9%

08-24-2014 01:51:07 | More by Ashman
mike303

2.75/5  rDev -25.7%

This beer needs carbonation.

08-24-2014 01:31:55 | More by mike303

08-18-2014 05:54:45 | More by Shawn_Money
sulldaddy

Connecticut

4.35/5  rDev +17.6%

Sampling a 22 oz bottle at cellar temp poured into a snifter. The beer pours a clear copper color with creamy yet large head of 5 cm foaming up even with a gentle pour. The foam recedes slowly to a sturdy surface layer and leaves tight lattice after each sip.
Aroma is grapefruit rind and pine branches with a little herbal tea mixed in. A 5 hop IPA seems accurate here with a wide range of scents on the nose.
The first sip reveals an average body with a smooth texture and very fine gentle rolling carbonation.
The flavor is briefly grainy malt with just a hint of sweet toffee but rolls very quickly to a hop dominant finish.
I get a dry citrusy and pineapple finish that leaves a lingering bitterness on my palate, yet I dont feel like this is a complete palate destroyer.
I dont get any hints of alcohol and dont think this is a double IPA by any stretch.
A well made and complex American IPA, doesnt seem "west coast" and I enjoy the variety of hop characteristics that I pick up. I would try this one again and folks in eastern PA should give it a shot.

08-18-2014 02:59:43 | More by sulldaddy

3.8/5  rDev +2.7%

08-14-2014 01:16:20 | More by metalfacedave
Greywulfken

4.5/5  rDev +21.6%

A: amber beer, just about clear, off-white head as-big-as-ya-want-it

S: wet orange citrus and bright green flowers

T: sweet pine and juicy orange, well-rounded hop bitterness, understated malts and crisp, tight hops

M: soft, smooth and creamy, with a bit of carbonation's fuzz; fuller and richer than most IPAs, particularly for the low abv

O: I was braced for an underrated beer and it is - for an IPA, one of my very favorites - reminds me of some of the big-name, higher abv DIPAs out there in terms of flavor and feel; great nose; delicious from first crack of the can to last outta the glass. Must try.

08-12-2014 23:10:53 | More by Greywulfken

2.75/5  rDev -25.7%

08-08-2014 10:37:39 | More by Uncledoobz
addmorehops

4.38/5  rDev +18.4%

Unbalanced in a good way for us hop heads, - just right body for 6.6 ABV, not sticky, great hop kick start to finish, lingers. West coast if you had to start to describe hop bill.

For those of you who give a ratsass, it looks and smells good. Also had it in cans - great!

Keep em coming NCBC

08-08-2014 00:30:40 | More by addmorehops
ThE_MaD_HoPpEr

4.83/5  rDev +30.5%

Makes me want to drive across the county line to get some more. This is a very underrated IPA on Beer advocate. It tastes great out of a can or bottle. Have not had it on tap yet. Very refreshing with just the right amount of hops and citrus. Nice floral aroma and crisp finish.

08-07-2014 04:10:47 | More by ThE_MaD_HoPpEr
imhoudinibitch

4.25/5  rDev +14.9%

08-06-2014 02:10:48 | More by imhoudinibitch
FightinIrish88

08-03-2014 23:42:04 | More by FightinIrish88
Act25

4.2/5  rDev +13.5%

I like this brewer a lot. BA is under rating them. One of my new fave IPAs in cans and brewers - Along with Cartons of NJ.

Appearance: pours a apricot hazy body with a 1" head that lingers and laces and bounces back!

Smell: pine, grapefruit, and pineapple - 5 hops! are present. Plentiful aroma.

Taste: Starts immediately with the hops... piney bitterness, grapefruit, pineapple, mango, papaya, black peppercorn, and a long finishing peppery bitterness.

Mouthfeel: Very nice and original. It's medium bodied. Crisp and the dry at the finish. Long lasting aftertaste. Big beer.

Overall: A must try.