County Line IPA - Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company

County Line IPACounty Line IPA

good

Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

(Beer added by: TheFightfan1 on 06-11-2012)

oaRsirhC, Sep 19, 2014

3.52/5  rDev -5.1%

therealsikes, Sep 09, 2014

ryguy31, Sep 09, 2014
4.08/5  rDev +10%

Hazy light orange, small but thick head.

Resinous hops in the nose and some prevalent caramel malt. Piney

Taste is up front wallop of piney hops. Really sappy and resinous and not much citrus. Pine cone with a touch of sweet malt balance, enough to not make the pine too overbearing. Different from the hop profile I prefer but this tastes pretty good. Nice bitter bite. As the pine eases off, some sweet sugar cookie appears. Bit this is all about piney and dank hops. Unbalanced in a good way for me

Medium carbonation and medium body. Long finish but not syrupy.

I usually lean towards citrus hop profiles but the piney profile of this one has me intrigued. The whack of pine eases off some as the taste buds become accustomed and it becomes an enjoyable IPA. A lot if flavor packed in and remains flavorful throughout. I'll seek this out again for sure along with whatever else Neshaminy Creek has to offer. Nicely done.

hopflyer, Sep 09, 2014

KAP1356, Sep 03, 2014

phooky, Sep 02, 2014
3.56/5  rDev -4%

650ml bottle. No bottling date, could be old or new. Poured into a unlabeled snifter 9/1/2014.

A- Darker caramel-orange body, two finger white head with decent retention time and a thick collar. Thin, wispy lines of lacing persist on the glass. [3.5]

S- Toffee, caramel and pine are the predominant aromas, mixed in with a little bit of pineapple and citrus. [3.25]

F- Sweet toffee up front, not quite so much the caramel but it's there. Transitions over to a citrus and pine finish. The pine is a sap-like flavour that complements the caramel quite well. Not sure what the "five hop" designation on the label is talking about, but it must be 5 different kinds of piney hops as there is a ton of it. It is what it is, a pine-forward IPA. [3.75]

M- Medium bodied, resinous and dry at the same time, well carbonated. Bitter resinous pine finish. [3.5]

O- A pine-forward IPA. Nothing complicated, but nothing off about this Philadelphia local IPA. Interesting to try, won't be going back to this as it's not local to me. [3.5]

Final score: 3.5625

Stevedore, Sep 01, 2014

BFCarr, Sep 01, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +1.1%

They only recently began CANning this one and when a buddy dropped a CAN off for me, I sent it off to the mighty JenRay! I knew that The Friendly Greek Bottle Shop had an upcoming Neshaminy Creek event and that I could reload on CANs at that time. Sure enough, The CANQuest (TM) abides!

From the CAN: "Five Hop India Pale Ale".

Of course it was brimful on the Crack! and I celebrated with an inverted Glug because that is how I do. This created two fingers of puffy, bubbly, tawny head with decent retention. Color was an oh-so-slightly hazy Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 -5). Nose smelled like fresh Dank or five hops, I am unsure which. Jeezus! The hops were buck wild. Mouthfeel was medium. The power of the hops was on me immediately in the mouth. Just five hops?!? It felt like 300. It was about as close to saturation without going overboard as I have experienced in a while. It was cool mint, menthol and pine. I could use this as mouthwash. Actually, I have. Man, was this a hophead's wet dream, but it was totally unbalanced, so it would not be for everybody. About four weeks ago, my old buddy, Ken and I went on an IPA binge and he would have really dug this. Today is his birthday. Onward! Finish was so frickin' dry that I had to reach for my asthma inhaler. Great googly moogly. No playing around here.

woodychandler, Aug 30, 2014

victory4me, Aug 24, 2014
3.92/5  rDev +5.7%

Ashman, Aug 24, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -25.9%

This beer needs carbonation.

mike303, Aug 24, 2014

ddedhed, Aug 22, 2014
3.76/5  rDev +1.3%

Shawn_Money, Aug 18, 2014
4.35/5  rDev +17.3%

Sampling a 22 oz bottle at cellar temp poured into a snifter. The beer pours a clear copper color with creamy yet large head of 5 cm foaming up even with a gentle pour. The foam recedes slowly to a sturdy surface layer and leaves tight lattice after each sip.
Aroma is grapefruit rind and pine branches with a little herbal tea mixed in. A 5 hop IPA seems accurate here with a wide range of scents on the nose.
The first sip reveals an average body with a smooth texture and very fine gentle rolling carbonation.
The flavor is briefly grainy malt with just a hint of sweet toffee but rolls very quickly to a hop dominant finish.
I get a dry citrusy and pineapple finish that leaves a lingering bitterness on my palate, yet I dont feel like this is a complete palate destroyer.
I dont get any hints of alcohol and dont think this is a double IPA by any stretch.
A well made and complex American IPA, doesnt seem "west coast" and I enjoy the variety of hop characteristics that I pick up. I would try this one again and folks in eastern PA should give it a shot.

sulldaddy, Aug 18, 2014