Perle Dans Les Vignes - Bières Artisanales Artzner

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Bières Artisanales Artzner visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  7.70% ABV

Beer added by: beerdrifter on 10-08-2013

Hommage à l’Alsace ! Brassée et fermentée à partir d’un assemblage de moût de raisin et de malt d’orge, c’est la rencontre d’un savoir faire brassicole avec le fruit le plus noble du terroir alsacien. Bière à fort potentiel de garde.
Reviews by beerdrifter:
3.74/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Picked this up at a great little beer store in Arlon, Belgium, Miorge Mihoublon. Hazy light amber pour with a two finger creamy white head with decent retention and great lacing. Fruity, somewhat herbal nose dominated by the grapes along with hints of melon and apricot. The taste follows suit with the grapes once again front and center. More of the grape skin flavor as opposed to the juice. Hints of dried fruit as well along with some malty caramel sweetness and nice vinous notes. The mouthfeel is light bodied with subtle fizziness and a subtly sweet but dry finish. Overall, this surprised me. Definitely not as sweet as I had expected. Would love to see what this does with some cellar time.

3.75/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.74/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Picked up a bottle when I was walking around a Christmas market in Strasbourg. I checked BA and there was only 1 other review so I figured I'd give it a shot! From what I can tell by the description on the bottle, this beer is brewed with Riesling and Gewurztraminer grapes, which are featured in many wines in the Alsace region of France.

A - Pours a hazy copper/orange color with minimal amounts of white foam. I can hear it fizzing, so it seems like it's pretty carbonated.

S - Pleasant, but not very complex. I immediately notice a strong honey, syrupy scent with fruity grape aromas. It smells a lot like Ethiopian honey wine.

T - Sweet & fruity, but less sweet than what you'd expect considering it's scent. It doesn't have a very strong flavor. Ends with white-wine flavors, slight tartness and a dry, crisp finish.

M - Medium bodied and very carbonated. I would prefer less carbonation, but it works for this beer since it compliments the dry finish.

O - A pleasantly drinkable beer that I would highly recommend trying if you can find it! If I could find this back in the US I'd totally buy a 4 or 6-pack. Though no single aspect of the beer really stands out, it's a solid execution of a great idea! Pretty much if you're a beer fan in Alsace, you should definitely try this beer if it's available.

3.5/5  rDev -5.7%

3.72/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Bought from Cave de Bulles in Paris. Pours a medium gold with a short head and minimal lacing. Nose was light and, oddly, reminded me of a Euro lager. However, there is some complexity behind it...the grapes don't come through as such, but are certainly adding something there. Taste is bright with mineral notes and grape skin acidity. Thank god they didn't go with a sweet profile. Overall, interesting, but only mildly different. Not a wow beer, but refreshing and not off in any way. Drinks like a lower ABV beer. It was a little pricey, so I unlikely I'd buy again.

Perle Dans Les Vignes from Bières Artisanales Artzner
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.