Follow our progress ...

Flynn Dry Irish Chocolate Stout | Pig Minds Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Added by TheSSG on 04-02-2013

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
Reviews by Trifecta1:
3.95/5  rDev -2.2%

First off, I rate on style, rather than overall enjoyment. I don't care too much for irish drys, but I enjoy expanding my drink profile, so I drink styles that I don't particularly love.

Appearance is an opaque black, not surprising. Smell is dark chocolate and steel-cut oats. Taste is a somewhat roasty, dark, dry oatmeal infused with rich dark chocolate. Leaves you wanting more. Mouthfeel was thin, but seemed about right for the style. Overall, definitely recommended to fans of Guinness, overall, only really go for it if you're like me, or enjoy dry stouts.

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%

4.27/5  rDev +5.7%

Pours a soft, dark-tan head that laces nicely. Great aroma of roasted malt, acidity, and a slight fruitiness. Black. Starts off with DEEP roasted malt, acidity, and a cocoa frutiness, all atop a nice hop bitterness. In the middle, the hop bitterness lingers as the finish begins. Deep, toasted malt comes back from the acidity, a nice, delicate cocoa finish lingers and blends with the touch of hop bitterness.

Overall, I REALLY like this one. The cocoa is JUST right; it adds an excellent background without overpowering anything. The interplay of the cocoa, roasted malt, and hops is just perfectly balanced.

Flynn Dry Irish Chocolate Stout from Pig Minds Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.