1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Oktoberfest - Susquehanna Brewing Company

Oktoberfest
No picture uploaded.

Susquehanna Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  ABV ?

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: undeadozzy on 09-08-2012)
View: Beers (9) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 29 | Reviews: 4 | Show All Ratings:
undeadozzy

3.53/5  rDev +11.7%

A - Poured a deep copper color with lots of carbonation and a thick foamy head. Head left some lacing on the glass, but it all but disappeared later on.

S - Picking up some huge toasty bready scents. Smells like warm toast with honey drizzled over it. Very cozy feel from the smell, definitely getting an Oktoberfest vibe from it so far.

T - Enormous caramel and toffee flavors. The things I smelled are almost impossible to pick up on with all of this flavor. Definitely a good tasting beer, but I wish it tasted more like the warm bread and honey it has on the nose.

M - Very odd mouthfeel. It's thin, but very thick at the same time too. Leaves me intrigued.

O - Not bad for their first Oktoberfest style beer. It can only get better with time. A decent beer overall with a good drinkability despite being so damn heavy and sweet. Can't wait to see what they do next year.

09-08-2012 04:14:54 | More by undeadozzy
mikefuski17

2.9/5  rDev -8.2%

A. The color is a rich dark brown, mahogany with a tiny cream colored head that last only for a second. Virtually no lacing also.

S. The aroma is very weak. You get a little mocha mixed with yeast.

T. The taste is just as weak. But it's reversed from the aroma. More yeasty with a little mocha at the end.

M. It feels decent. Not a very heavy beer but is filling.

O. Overall I would say this is a bland beer. There are much better fall iterations so this could probably be looked over easily.

Served in recommended glass.

08-30-2013 22:16:14 | More by mikefuski17
paulhargus

3.13/5  rDev -0.9%

I've had this beer a few times since it was first released in August. Very excited to try it out and, like other SBC beers, it's been marketed decently well.

A: very dark, basically black in appearance. not what i expected from a Marzen (although I am pretty new to the craft scene). decently thick foam, almost a quarter inch of it was retained throughout.

S: very bready and toasty.

T: heavy toffee flavor. I get a strong coffee aftertaste with each sip I take.

M: not as heavy as some other oktoberfests i've had. goes down fairly easily.

O: overall, I would say the SBC Oktoberfest is much different from basically every other Marzen/Oktoberfest I've ever had. It almost seems to be a different style all together. Between the blackish color and coffee aftertaste, it stands out among other O-fests I've had. Not a bad beer by any means, although not my favorite in this style. Definitely a nice change up from the usual, though.

10-06-2012 15:26:42 | More by paulhargus
ripocceschi

1.1/5  rDev -65.2%

Clearly I haven't learned my lesson with this brewery but this time I did ask for a sample instead of paying for a whole pint I took a fist sip and was thrown back by a intense alcohol burn from this beer I couldn't even pick up on any other notes that could have been associated with this brew but if you don't believe me and think I'm just bashing the brewery believe the other reviews and try it out you most likely can go enjoy your self a better ocktoberfest brew

09-15-2012 06:50:08 | More by ripocceschi