Kirin Light Beer - Kirin Brewery Company, Limited

Kirin Brewery Company, Limited visit their website
Japan

Light Lager |  ABV ?

Beer added by: Jason on 08-05-2002

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Kirin Light Beer Alström Bros
3.75/5  rDev +69.7%

1.5/5  rDev -32.1%

3.5/5  rDev +58.4%

1.5/5  rDev -32.1%

2.41/5  rDev +9%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale yellow in color with moderate amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a half finger tall fizzy bright white head that quickly reduces to nothing. Minimal lacing is observed.

S: Light aromas of grain and rice adjunct malts.

T: Slightly sweet with flavors of the rice and grain adjunct malts. Some light amounts of bitterness in the finish.

M: Light bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation. Slightly thin.

O: Very easy to drink and very sessionable. This is probably one of the less offensive light lagers as it at least still has some taste to it. Would not be on the top of the list of beers to have again.

2.75/5  rDev +24.4%

2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

1.75/5  rDev -20.8%

2.88/5  rDev +30.3%

Pours a hazy tone on my glass, head minum retention, almost non existent. carbonation low. Taste is a little weak with notable touch of hops. barley not too present. A pleasant light beer. Would prefer this beer over other light beer as coors or miller.

I am not sure if I will try this once again. Too pricey here.

2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

2.17/5  rDev -1.8%

Poured from a brown 22 oz. bottle. Has a very pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is mild, a touch of corn. Taste is downright weak, maybe a hint of malt, very water like. Feels light in the mouth and overall was lacking in flavor, even for this style.

2.5/5  rDev +13.1%

2.15/5  rDev -2.7%

Had these at an overpriced dinner for the quality with a borderline crazy chick. They had a similarity of appearing light and ditzy. Aroma wasn't offensive, very mild and bland of medicinal corn notes.

Really wasn't much to speak of, lots of water, more bitterness than it should have given the lack of much substance to the beer. Prickly carbonation. Pretty clean overall except the bitterness, must be a decent use of rice to this beer.

2.62/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I was down in Baltimore this past weekend, visiting a college chum and attending the annual Brewers' Art Mid-Atlantic Holiday Gathering. I took Amtrak to Penn Station and then began walking south to The Brewers Art when I passed Aloha Liquors, a little store that never fails to have something new and unusual available, prompting me to stop in. I scored a 22-ounce bomber of this, as well as some Korean gems that are sure to be just as good.

My initial pour netted me two-plus fingers of foamy, bone-white head with extremely limited retention. Hey, I realize that I am not the handsomest of guys, but do you have to take off so quickly? Color was a pale lemon-yellow with NE-quality clarity. I have urinated darker water than this. Nose had a faint lager/corn adjunct sweetness, but it was all pretty mild. Mouthfeel was thin and watery with only the barest of taste in the mouth. I am glad it was nearing my bedtime as this was a major snooze-a-thon. Holy boring, Batman! Finish was equally band and ho-hum, making for a less-than-scintillating experience. That said, I do not feel that I should dun it too badly. I knew what I was buying, but I had never seen it before, either in CAN or bottle, and I have certainly had much worse, including from the style. Hey, it beats a cup of tea before retirement, I promise you. Don't avoid it if it is one of the few options open to you - it could be the lesser of several evils.

Kirin Light Beer from Kirin Brewery Company, Limited