Higashino Farmhouse Ale - Tahoe Mountain Brewing Co.

Higashino Farmhouse AleHigashino Farmhouse Ale

Tahoe Mountain Brewing Co. visit their website

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.50% ABV

Beer added by: largadeer on 06-02-2014

Ratings: 12 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by largadeer:
4.2/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

A: Pours super dark. An almost copper color with a one finger light tan head that leaves some great lace down the glass with each sip.

S: Wowzers. A TON going on here. I don't even know where to start. Some light graininess, lots of fresh pear juice, some light cracked pepper, tea and some lemon meringue. I've definitely never come across anything like this before. Not getting "saison" from the smell, but I am getting "tasty."

T: This is a really, really strange beer, but I like. Opens with some pear skin, faint graininess and some freshly cracked pepper. Then moves into juicy lemon pith and underripe d'anjou pear. A very interesting beer, For sure worth a try.

Murky light amber. Slightly spicy but very fruity (peach, plum). Quite tasty. Relatively light bodied and drinkable.

4.5/5  rDev +18.7%

One of the best saisons I have had this summer. There is a complexity to this beer other saisons do not have. I'm really writing this review because BA says I have to. That's crap! Just because I really like this beer and nobody else does...crap

Anyhow:

A: It looks like a beer. Bubbles like a saison and a bit darker than a traditional one. A shade lighter than amber

S: It smells like a saison with pear juice. It's a saison with pear juice...so spot on!

T: It tastes like a beer. A saison style beer...with pear juice. Just like it says. Saison flavors. Slight hay, lemon hop bitter, pear juice

F: It feels like a normal beer. Smooth, refreshing, overall easy to drink

O: I like the beer more than anyone else, therefore I had to write a review. I love saison varieties where most people do not. I'm going to rate them higher than IPAs because I like them more than IPAs. That is absolute crap BA has decided to make me review this beer because I think higher of it than most people. It's a damn fine beer. Don't buy any. I'll get to it all by myself.

Higashino Farmhouse Ale from Tahoe Mountain Brewing Co.