Yamma Jamma - Indeed Brewing Company

Beer added by: feloniousmonk on 11-16-2012

Formerly Sweet Yamma Jamma
firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.93/5  rDev +5.6%

Sweet Yamma Jamma, Indeed Brewing Company, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

"We chefed up something special for fall with Sweet Yamma Jamma, a spiced sweet potato ale. Brewed with pulverized sweet potatoes, candied yams, and a special blend of spices, Yamma Jamma is full of flavors and aroma that pair well with fall colors and crisp nights. 5% ABV, 10 IBU, Style: Sweet Potato Ale.

Lightly hazed, copper-y, amber coloring, under a full, flush, stable head of off-white head.

Aroma: sweet and vegetal, little hops, much malt. Some spices, but which exactly, I'm not sure. Maybe cinnamon, allspice, a touch of clove? The fruit is biggest, though.

Taste: Mmmm, yeah. If I didn't know what this was, I'd guess it was a pumpkin ale, because the flavors are so similar. Large, plump, lush flavor of the gourd, whether yam or what have you, it's big and in it deep.

I know what people may be thinking: Oh, my God, a Sweet Potato Ale, that's got to be weird, right? I've never heard of that, it's unfamiliar, I'm scared, oooo….Ooooo!
Yeah, that's how they talk, that's how they are…

But, this…this is nice. Here's a way to celebrate the season without being a conformist. I like that. I was skeptical, as well, about a sweet potato ale, but the drinking quits all doubts. Yum. Sweet, but not too much, good balance (I think this will be a common thread with Indeed…with some exceptions…), and utter deliciousness. Mmmm, tasty. I could drink it and drink it.

But, not 9% alcohol, that may be where they went wrong, he asks, facetiously.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last