Microbrew Invitational

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Brickside Brewery
Michigan, United States | website

Style: Hefeweizen

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by minterro on 10-09-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 11
3.6/5  rDev +1.1%

Thanks to my awesome gf im able to try some brand spanking new yooper beer from a brewery that recently opened in Copper Harbor, MI.

no bottling date on bottle. One of the cooler labels I've ever seen. I want to hang with Keith Walters.

Paired with some homemade cheese and onion pizza.

A&S: Before even opening you can tell there is a lot of sediment at the bottom of this one. Head is very fizzy and dies instantaneously. Pleasant banana tones with some spice. Lively looking semi-translucent tangerine colored beer. Head was white before it went away.

T&M: Similar to the smell lots of bananas and cloves, nice non-bitter semi-dry aftertaste. A bit of a spicy bit to it. More on the malty side then I'm used to for the style. Classic Hefeweizen fruity yeastiness. carbonation is out of whack, very flat and dull. body is between light and medium.

Overall: Has a lot of good qualities but also has some huge flaws, overall I did like it, but not one of my tops for the style.

Walter's Weissen from Brickside Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.