2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

UP IPA - Brickside Brewery

UP IPA
No picture uploaded.

Brickside Brewery visit their website

American IPA |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: minterro on 10-12-2012)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 6 | Reviews: 2 | Show All Ratings:
minterro

Colorado

1.95/5  rDev -31.3%

Thanks to my awesome gf im able to try some brand spanking new yooper beer from a brewery that recently opened in Copper Harbor, MI.

Didn't make a sound when I opened it. Only a minuet about of head present ever when poured as viciously as possible. Smells like an amber the only thing I could smell is carmel malts, no hop presence at all. beer is a dark highly translucent orange and the head is light tan.

Tastes like a ESB with tartness. Very malty at the same time. Its an unflattering version of a amber and a ESB. Completely flat, medium body.

Overall: Didn't like it at all. I don't know if its just the batch or what. This brewery seems like its ok overall but they really missed the mark on this one. Actually hard to drink.

10-12-2012 21:43:47 | More by minterro
Strix

Wisconsin

1.58/5  rDev -44.4%

Pours a rusty color, suspiciously little head despite trying hard to conjure one up.

Vague pine smell amidst dank malt.

Seriously dank cloying sweetness, followed by a clunky pine finish. Something is wrong here.

Mouthfeel nearly dead flat. I wonder if that alone contributes to the sense of something being way off.

I'm going to hope that this was a bad batch or something and that the guys at Brickside can make some adjustments. I love the UP and hope next time I see a Brickside beer it will treat me better.

10-28-2012 02:49:52 | More by Strix
UP IPA from Brickside Brewery
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.