Cluster Fuggle - Nimble Hill Brewing Company

to view more.
Ratings: 19 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by undeadozzy:
2.9/5  rDev -19.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Does it taste like fuggle hops? Yes - grassy with a little bit of onion.

Do I like drinking the taste of meeting my lawn? No.

I hope my complaints about this beer aren't because my bottle was old -can't tell from the bottle I received at a restaurant.

This seemed to be well-made, with nice mouthfeel, body, lacing, and a creamy 2cm head. It was a well-crafted APA with low malt character and nice emphasis on hops, that is appropriate to style. Unfortunately, I personally think this is a bad hop to focus on: fuggle doesn't have any if the characteristics that make a pale ale fun. This isn't bright and flavorful; it's earthy and medicinal.

Just not my thing

While not a huge fan of pales, this one is very good. It's on tap at Fire & Ice in Trucksville, PA (brewed nearby) and appearance is a deep amber gold with fairly heavy lacing. Smell is of citrusy hops and barley, and taste reflects that as well. Grapefruit mostly. Mouthfeel is smooth with medium carbonation.

Overall a very good entry into pale ales for this small town brewery. I'd get it again for sure and it makes me want to taste more of their product. Alas, I'm only passing through. Their brews are available at the brewery in growlers as well.

to view more.