Join our email list →

American Pale Lager | 6.00% ABV

Beer added by: wordemupg on 07-08-2012

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
4.04/5  rDev +7.4%

On-tap at Alibi Room in Vancouver, BC. They termed it an "India Pale Lager".

Pours a clear golden amber with a pocked white head that leaves some solid, sudsy lace. Body is extremely light, which makes me dubious as to the rest of the brew.

Bit of rubbery hops first up on the nose, with a cleanness that mingles with the rubber almost to give a smoky hint. It's green and clean, but it's not vibrant, bright or fresh—there's even a slight nuttiness to it like pepitas. I wasn't expecting such dusky flavours on this one. Still it's very interesting.

Taste is light and smooth, again with some mild green characters, but no truly sharp hops. Pineapple comes through, muted, with more of that nuttiness on the back, and a smooth clean finish with a slight organic character. Feel is smooth.

Yeah, pretty enjoyable and really sessionable if a 6% ABV beer is ever sessionable. It's not what I'd call an IPL if I had to brew an IPL, but its damn drinkable all the same.

poured into pint glass 1/7/12

A clear golden clear golden yellow lots of tiny particles and a thumbs width of foam that quickly falls to a thick film leaving lots of spotty lacing

S some tropical notes, guava, pineapple, lemon, lager yeast, and a little toffee

T some pine I didn't smell, and a little more toffee other then that the flavor mimics the smell

M has some body to it for a lager, nice carbonation with a little bitter bite and leaves a fair bit of grit on the gums and a long aftertaste

O i thought this one was a nice hopped up lager, very easy to drink for 6% and I could drink a few without getting board

Something I'd drink again, I want to say it would make a good session beer but at the rate I drank this I'd be walking sideways in no time. Even as a lager I perhaps this should've listed this as an IPA

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last