Down With The Coconut - Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company

Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company visit their website
Tennessee, United States

American Stout |  6.20% ABV

Beer added by: bcostner1 on 03-03-2013

Part of the 50 Shades of Black project. This is the Portly Stout aged on toasted coconuts.
to view more.
Ratings: 6 | Reviews: 1
Reviews by bcostner1:
4.33/5  rDev n/a

A: Not midnight black, but very dark brown with some deep reddish hues present as well. Not an opaque stout; does transmit a little light. Nice aggressive head.

S: Sweet toasted coconut, mild chocolate, mild roast. The coconut is what keeps me coming back for more. Love the aroma; wish it was a little more pronounced even (although it is definitely noticeable).

T: Pretty much like a liquid Mounds candy bar which, to me, means its friggin delicious. Tons of toasted, sweet coconut throughout. Nice chocolate backbone as well. No significant hops. Not a very roasty stout, on the sweeter side for sure. I love this stuff. Probably the best tasting coconut porter/stout I have ever had.

M: Super easy drinker yet very satisfying. No detectable ABV. Sessionable for sure. If I have one gripe, I wish it had a little more body as it is still on the thinner side for my personal liking.

Overall, I love this brew for sure. Have had it more than once now when it is available in the taproom. I will be going back for growlers pretty much every time it's there. Must try if you like coconut stouts!! As a side note, I've really enjoyed a lot of things that these guys have done and look forward to more stuff from them in the future.

to view more.
Down With The Coconut from Turtle Anarchy Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.