Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Cream Weaver - Wicked Beaver Brewing Company

Beer added by: Mora2000 on 10-18-2012

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

1.84/5  rDev -20%

The beer pours a yellow color with a large white head. The aroma is full of terrible things. I get some plastic bucket notes, as well as some strong acetone. The flavor is unfortunately note any better. The plastic notes are still there, along with some grain. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

2.5/5  rDev +8.7%

2.36/5  rDev +2.6%

Some time ago I was in Lubbock for work and bought one of every Wicked Beaver bombers I could find. The heavier styles were pretty good. The lighter styles reaked of chlorinated tap water. Recently I found this bomber and thought I'd give them another try. Mistake. I didn't sense the chlorine, but there was a distinct home brewed off flavor predominating. Color and head and lacing were outstanding but the flavor was off. I always root for the Beaver, and I like the brewery's press. I just hope they can last long enough to sort out the bumps. To be honest, I won't buy anything short of a stout or porter from them until others venture in and report marked improvement. Color and head only get you so far.

3.77/5  rDev +63.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: Hazy golden yellow with much sediment. Poured with a champagne like off white bubbly head already clinging as it slowly fades away. Nice finishing lace.

Smell: Lots going on here. Citrusy, farmhouse/saison like aromas. Spicey, peppery and a gritty grainy finish. Smells delicious.

Taste: Much of the same as I got in the nose but there are some off flavors. Not exactly familiar with this style but rubber bands and band-aids are not a good sign. Other than that it's pretty decent.

Mouthfeel: Medium body. Smooth and somewhat creamy. A bit over carbonated and finishes dry.

Drinkability: If it weren't for the band-aid it would be much better, so it does lose points here. It's not as bad as the other reviewers but I can't wait to try again. I think it must be bleach they are using to sanitize either their equipement or bottles. Most likely the bottles.

2.48/5  rDev +7.8%

Bottle poured into a pint glass.

I'm not sure I've ever had this style before.

Appearance was nice.. huge thick head upon pour. Smell was just average, and hard to pick out what was going on.

Taste. Hmm. Just not very good. I can't really say why or what is bad, but it's a bit sour. Maybe this is a bad bottle. Upon second and third taste it is even worse.

I know this is a new brewery, but I think they have a long way to go at this point. I wanted to like it, being a Texas beer, but this just doesn't stand up to some of the great beers from the top craft breweries in this state.

3.5/5  rDev +52.2%

2.75/5  rDev +19.6%

2.75/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.5/5  rDev +8.7%

3.25/5  rDev +41.3%

1.75/5  rDev -23.9%

3.75/5  rDev +63%

3.5/5  rDev +52.2%

Cream Weaver from Wicked Beaver Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.