1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

St. Peter's Organic English Ale - St. Peter's Brewery Co Ltd

St. Peter's Organic English AleSt. Peter's Organic English Ale

good

St. Peter's Brewery Co Ltd visit their website
United Kingdom (England)

English Pale Ale |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: TangTKE402 on 03-07-2011)

tbryan5, Jan 20, 2013

jgebauer110, Jan 20, 2013

Peg2009, Jan 01, 2013
3.38/5  rDev -5.6%

St. Peter's Organic English Ale from St. Peter's Brewery Co Ltd pours well from a round green 500ml bottle leaving a small head with some initial lacing. It has a nice golden color with a bitter taste. It has a mild carbonation with a mild bitter hoppy taste. Mild fruit aroma with a hint of malt in the background. Average mouth feel, nothing great.

I was recommended this beer as the best beer around, I found that it was not much to write home about. While I wouldn't turn a free one away, I probably would not purchase it for myself anytime soon.

Top_Jimmy, Dec 27, 2012

kjkinsey, Dec 24, 2012
3.25/5  rDev -9.2%

djcreepshow, Dec 15, 2012
2.9/5  rDev -19%

I bought this beer after it had been on the shelf for like a day but it is in a terrible green bottle so I was expecting some light abuse.
Looks great, nice bright pale ale colors and the head sticks to the glass like glue.
I couldn't smell much of anything with this beer, maybe because it isn't very bubbly but I couldn't smell much of anything.
I guess the taste is better than most of the cheap beers around town but it tasted a little stale and mildly hoppy. Also I found a hint of skunkyness due to the green bottle. I hate light abused beer.
Felt good in the mouth but nothing special...
It is a very ok beer that I didn't mind drinking but I couldn't say anything special about.

Danno48, Dec 06, 2012

cfalovo97, Nov 22, 2012
4.35/5  rDev +21.5%

Brilliantly clear, golden pour with modest carbonation and a beautiful cream-off-white 1-inch head. Modest head retention. Fresh, noticeable, malty nose with some grassy after-notes. Medium body. Excellent lacing. Restrained hop-bitterness; suggestions of fresh cracked pepper on the palate. Crisp and dry finish. Nice bite . Almost pilsnerish. Certainly moreish. I would definitely purchase this ale again. Delicious.

carlborch, Nov 18, 2012
3.48/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

My brother in law brought this over before my Oktoberfest party the first weekend in October. While this was an unusual offering since I had a keg of Weihenstephaner, I still drank it anyways. It's still beer. I had my reservations though, being a genuine English beer (which I find too subdued compared to American styles) and in a green bottle, which is a death knell for many beers to me. Anyways, poured from the bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance - Pours a pale golden piss yellow color; very little head and retention, with no real lacing to speak of. And did I mention it was in green bottle?

Aroma - Grassy, with some toasty and cracker notes in there as well. A little bit of yeast, but pretty low-key.

Taste - Hoppiness is detectable, as well as the toast and cracker notes. Palate is much like the nose on this one, which isn't a bad thing.

Mouthfeel - Well-rounded, medium bodied and carbonated.

Overall - Nothing spectacular, nothing to write home about. It is a decent beer, but I wouldn't buy it again. In fact, I probably never would have bought it in the first place, given the Green Bottle Curse. But it was okay. Recommended to try once.

TheCondor, Oct 31, 2012
3.48/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured into a perfect pint. Cool old-timey medicine bottle that is unfortunately green.

3.0 A: Lightly hazed light orange color. Not quite one finger of frothy white head. Retention is about average and a very short ring of lacing is left.

3.5 S: Earthy and minerally with a dry crackery and grainy maltiness. Little bit of toastiness. Grassy and earthy hops. Mild yeastiness. Pretty standard for the style, which is good enough for me.

3.5 T: Taste is like the nose. Earth and mineral. Dry, light toastiness, cracker and grainy malts. Mild yeast, mild-moderate bitterness, grassy hoppiness.

3.5 M: Lighter medium body. Good moderate carbonation. Crisp and dry and smooth.

3.5 D: Decent beer that has no faults.

DavoleBomb, Oct 26, 2012

thefullpython, Sep 05, 2012
3.4/5  rDev -5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

$4.89 for the 16.9 oz bottle at a local store. New in town.

It has a nice clear bright gold colour with close to a 2 inch head of foam that shrinks quickly leaving almost no lacing behind.

The smell is of sweet malt and an ample, I'd say, lemony citrus that turns to an almost medicinal aroma, which I don't find attractive.

The taste is different from what I expected; the malt isn't all that sweet, more of an earthiness and dankness. Mild hop bitterness throughout though more apparent in the finish. A slight medicinal like flavour there but it isn't profound enough to turn me off.

Overall, a decent to good brew that's easy to drink but gets a bit boring when a few sips go down the hatch.

Bitterbill, Aug 30, 2012

coder, Aug 20, 2012
3.45/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Looks the part, I expected this to be a bitter and my first thought was, "Hmm, looks like a pale ale." The color is a pale amber. Caught in the middle between opaque and translucent. A very thin, watery pour. Head is almost non-existent.

Lots of smells. Flowery...pilsner malts...barley...some sort of dark ripe fruit.

The malted barley makes the biggest impression. It's up front and in your face. Eventually some floral tastes come through before a cracker-like, hop-forward finish.

I don't care much for the style. It's got a dirty, Earthy feel. Very thin like the appearance, but medium-bodied due to the Earthiness. Very bitter, dryish swallow.

I've never been to England, but this is what I'd expect to drink. It's not bad, just not my cup of tee, though I'm sure it would go very well with a variety of foods.

RickS95, Aug 11, 2012

rolltide8425, Jul 26, 2012

MyName, Jul 24, 2012

Poured from a pint sized bottle into a lint glass, coded freshness date. This pours a nice clear amber color with a nice foamy white head. The smell is fresh and crisp a little grassy earthy and nice toffee and caramel malts. The feel is medium. The taste is similar to the smell, quite nice, nice amount of bitterness and caramel, I'm impressed.

DavidST, Jul 02, 2012
3.25/5  rDev -9.2%

MorganPalmer, Jun 30, 2012

Pamola, Jun 12, 2012
3.53/5  rDev -1.4%

My first "English Pale"

A: Clear; color of straw. White, sticky head which didn't last long.

S: Tart, somehow reminds me of a sour. Apple, lemon and grapefruit flavors. Really reminds me of a sour (though it definitely is not). Encouraged to see how it tastes!

T: Tastes like it smells. Yeasty, lots of grapefruit, sour apple with a balanced caramel-malt sweetness underneath to round it out well. Fairly bitter for the pales I'm accustomed to drinking.

M: Medium bodied, light carbonation, wet finish. I wouldn't consider this a good example of a "session beer". I don't find it very refreshing.

O:I enjoyed this beer as a refreshing change from the average, hoppy pales I get in California, but I wouldn't search it out specifically, however I recommend trying it.

Reviewed from notes