Saison De Chetco - Base Camp Brewing Company

Beer added by: zeledonia on 07-27-2014

to view more.
Ratings: 9 | Reviews: 1
2.67/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Great label, great story. Will the beer live up? Calling the container a can, though it's that unusual Base Camp aluminum bottle. Tasted 26 July 2014.

Pours a very cloudy medium orange. Half-finger of off-white head, okay retention, some lacing. Meh.

Smell is fruity where I can find it. It's thin, lacking power or pizzazz. Some peach, but that's about it.

Taste is not very good. It's just plain and mildly bitter. I can find almost nothing that reminds me of a saison; it's more like a dull pale ale. Muddled and grainy, then bitter. Not so good.

Feel is blah as well. Medium-bodied, slick, carbonation lower than I'd like it to be. It's hard to separate the feel from the taste here, but neither one works or sets itself apart.

I really wanted to like this beer. But I don't. I doubt if I'll finish the can/bottle. The biggest problem is that the yeast doesn't assert itself - in this style, that's a serious problem.

to view more.
Saison De Chetco from Base Camp Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 9 ratings.