Chupacabra - Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery

Colorado, United States

American Double / Imperial Pilsner |  8.30% ABV

Beer added by: Mebuzzard on 05-19-2011

3.92/5  rDev n/a

This was brewed for Vine Street Pub's third anniversary. One keg was tapped later (today) and I hurried down there to get a try.

Pours a pale, clear golden with a soapy and small head. Could use more suds, but it does look quite quenching.

Somewhat sweet aroma, reminds me of BMC stuff except without the corny, husky, stale stank. Some other sweetness, like honeysuckle, and small spice.

Taste is pretty darn good. Described as an Imperial Mexican style lager, I suppose it's a good fit. For an American IPils I'd expect more hops. Of course I don't know what to expect from a Mexican version (which are German styles....), but while the hops are present, they aren't overpowering. I suspect this is perhaps what good lagers tasted like pre-prohibition. It has a nice malt backbone, but nothing overwhelming. Some sweetness, I think from agave, provides a bit of a clingy film, but it whisked away by carbonation. Slight spice on the end.

This beer is very drinkable. Too bad it was chilly and rainy outside

Chupacabra from Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.