Radeberger Pilsner - Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei

Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei visit their website
Germany

German Pilsener |  4.80% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 03-11-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Radeberger Pilsner Alström Bros
3.5/5  rDev -2.5%

2.5/5  rDev -30.4%

4.22/5  rDev +17.5%

Picked this beer out at random while looking for something to supplement my 6- pack of Longboard and chose this Pils. I think I picked it because it had fancy gold foil wrapped around the neck and it was cheap, sold me. On to the beer..

A- standard golden straw you'd expect from a german pilsner. Head wasn't really there, but no big deal here.

S- I like the way this beer smelled. Had a subtle cereal malt smell to it, so I knew it would probably taste sweet and malty. I would be right.

T- Strong malt profile that is quite sweet most of the way through. Reminds me very much of the Scrimshaw Pils of North Coast. About 2/3 through the I get a very vibrant hop bitterness just as flavorful as the sweet cereal taste. This beer has alot of character to it IMO. The flavors transition just at the right moment when you feel like it might be too sweet. No real lingering aftertaste, it finishes fairly dry.

M- When I go to take a swig I get a nosefull of malt which I think makes this enjoyable to drink. It has medium bubbles. I can definetly feel bubbles on my tongue the whole time. Maybe just a TAD too bubbly but I wouldn't complain openly about it, just keep it as a low priority thought.

O- This is a good example of a vibrant pilsner out of Germany. I had alot of fun swishing this beer around and getting the full extent of it. I would not chug this beer, it does great taking medium mouthfulls and taking in the character of the beer. As a fan of pilsner beers, I will chaulk this up as a "buy again" brand.

4.6/5  rDev +28.1%

I found this 25 oz bottle for $2.89 at Fred Meyer
Lovely looking beer with the golden glow and really attractive packaging.
It smells like a beer of this style should...faint, subdued, no real clue as to what is in store for your taste buds.
The taste brings me back to my years living in Germany. This is the freshest German pilsner I've had since moving back to the USA.
Flavors are non-distinct, nothing jumps out at you. The overall experience is what I love about this beer. Mildly bitter with the taste of fermented barley. It doesn't get any simpler or cleaner than this.

2.5/5  rDev -30.4%

3.64/5  rDev +1.4%

Quick head after the pour. No residual foam. Standard bubbling and pale yellow, straw color.

Crisp, cut grass and dry, cooked cereal grain, and uncooked barley aroma. Classic pils aroma.

Lightly baked pilsner malt, some water cracker malt combined grassy hops. This is a classic, clan, mineraly pilsner that can be drank, and drunk, and so on till the cows come home.

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%