Radeberger Pilsner - Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei

Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei visit their website
Germany

German Pilsener |  4.80% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 03-11-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Radeberger Pilsner Alström Bros

2.5/5  rDev -30.4%

3.88/5  rDev +8.1%

Found in Denver, CO in a sixer of 12 oz. bottles.

Looks a clear, strong golden colour. Smells fresh, hints of hay and...wet grass? Subtle malty notes as well.

Tastes very malty, much more is present than hides behind the faint smell. Strong carbonation the whole way through, but strangely little head remains on top. Overall, this beer makes itself known in your mouth, and that's not a bad thing. I'd definitely drink this again, though I'm not sure I'd seek it out especially.

3.36/5  rDev -6.4%

1036th Review on BA
Bottle to Pilsner
11.2

Best by 8/12

This was a white elephant from my boss at Xmas. Part of a Cost Plus World Market Beers of the World.

App- A very clear medium yellow with a lot of bubble activity. A good one finger semi-fast receding head with some good retention and cling.

Smell- A good malt presence and slightly thick. A bit of wet corn and a bit of earthy grass behind it. Something just didnt sit right on the nose.

Taste- I am not one to be excited by Pils. This was fairly good and a slight notch above some others I have had. A nice grainy malt note with some of that vegetal corn coming in. Slightly dry with a touch of wheaty spice.

Mouth- A prevailing medium bodied beer that finished rather dry much like the taste. A fairly solid medium carbonation. Left a bit of grain, damp and bitter.

Drink- Again, not a style I would normally seek out but didnt want to waste 10 beers, so what the hell. The next few beers should prove enlightening.

2.96/5  rDev -17.5%

a) Profuse, big bubbles, forming a rocky white head. Bright yellow straw. Looks the part.

s) Firm noble hop profile, slightly metallic. Good grain & pale malt.

t) Well rounded combination of flavours. Firm bitterness. I don't get a sense of freshness in the hop profile, which reminds me of certain Aussie macros. Finishes a bit harsh.

m) Initially light medium, but falls away quickly leaving only bitterness. No mid to back palate.

d) Quaffable, but not all that interesting.

2.5/5  rDev -30.4%

4.22/5  rDev +17.5%

Picked this beer out at random while looking for something to supplement my 6- pack of Longboard and chose this Pils. I think I picked it because it had fancy gold foil wrapped around the neck and it was cheap, sold me. On to the beer..

A- standard golden straw you'd expect from a german pilsner. Head wasn't really there, but no big deal here.

S- I like the way this beer smelled. Had a subtle cereal malt smell to it, so I knew it would probably taste sweet and malty. I would be right.

T- Strong malt profile that is quite sweet most of the way through. Reminds me very much of the Scrimshaw Pils of North Coast. About 2/3 through the I get a very vibrant hop bitterness just as flavorful as the sweet cereal taste. This beer has alot of character to it IMO. The flavors transition just at the right moment when you feel like it might be too sweet. No real lingering aftertaste, it finishes fairly dry.

M- When I go to take a swig I get a nosefull of malt which I think makes this enjoyable to drink. It has medium bubbles. I can definetly feel bubbles on my tongue the whole time. Maybe just a TAD too bubbly but I wouldn't complain openly about it, just keep it as a low priority thought.

O- This is a good example of a vibrant pilsner out of Germany. I had alot of fun swishing this beer around and getting the full extent of it. I would not chug this beer, it does great taking medium mouthfulls and taking in the character of the beer. As a fan of pilsner beers, I will chaulk this up as a "buy again" brand.

Radeberger Pilsner from Radeberger Exportbierbrauerei