Porter - Alameda Brewhouse

American Porter |  ABV ?

Beer added by: PatandDavid on 11-25-2003

Reviews by beernut7:
4.2/5  rDev +2.7%

Redbones again comes through with its Northwest Beer Month celebration. It’s in some way good that I don’t live closer or I might not see my home in November. This porter taps a deep dark chestnut with a very thin mocha lace. The aroma of roasted malt is definitive and leads to an initial smooth chocolate and roasted malt flavor. A mellow bitterness flows through the brew, but never really encroaches on the fine dark malt character. Very nice.

4.3/5  rDev +5.1%

This beer is NOT retired; I had it on tap last night at Alberta St. Oyster Bar & Grill in Portland. I also had this beer at ASOB&G in March 2006.

A: Very dark brown, opaque. Less than one finger of ivory head. An attractive dark beer.

S: Roasted malt, bready, chocolate. Rich & inviting - an appetizing aroma.

T: Malty sweetness with lots of bittersweet chocolate. Very creamy blending of flavors. Not overtly sweet & not bitter. A very tasty porter.

M: Creamy, smooth. Very little carbonation makes it seem thick and viscous. Good roasted flavors & sweetness linger on the tongue.

D: I will order this one again and again. A wonderful sipper - tho last night I drank it faster than planned (dinner came early). Very drinkable.

Would pair very nicely with roasted meats and heavier seafood dishes (including the oysters served at the restaurant where we enjoyed this dinner & beer)

3.78/5  rDev -7.6%

Kinda surprised that this wasn't in the database...we couldn't have been the only folks that had this on tap at Redbones recently...Anyway, very dark pour. Head was lovely and slightly tan. Aroma was primarily of roasted notes and smokey chocolate. Taste was robust...my notes say: very porter. Noticed a slight alcohol in the taste, unfortunately it appears that they don't have a website, so I am unable to get the abv. Nice beer. pat

Porter from Alameda Brewhouse
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.