Bad Bunny Imperial Cream Ale - Alameda Brewhouse

Ratings: 14 | Reviews: 5
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.65/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Bright golden color with a slight haze. Low head with only a small ring of white foam. Smell is of rich butter cream and oak. A sweetness lingers on the nose with a big fruity bouquet of raspberry, strawberry and green grape. Big malt up front and yeasty backbone. Almost like a single malt whiskey. A tanginess of cloves and vanilla spice rounds out the rich malt. Sweetness of green grape again lingers long but this time augmented with a bit of pear. Slightly cloyingly sweet, but not bad. Feel is big and syrupy. The it starts big and sweet and stays that way, only slightly balanced by the tang.

Overall... Wtf Alameda? This doesn't taste like what I thought a imperial cream would taste like. None of the trademark nitro richness or silkiness, just sweetness. That aren't the same. This tastes more like a belgian triple than anything else. Being a sucker for Belgians, I still liked this, but not at all what I expected.

4.08/5  rDev +17.2%

From my notes:

22 oz bottle, dipped in pink wax.

A- Pale, hazy Orange with a thin white head.

S- Sweet oranges, tangerine, grapes.

T- Grapes, citrus, and spice.

D- A little on the sweeter side. Very low carbonation, and very light bodied. I had this on Easter.

3.27/5  rDev -6%

A: Strong pour from 22oz bottle into .5l Weisbier glass gives 3 fingers of creamy white head that lasts for a good little while until fading into a small disk and leaving some nice lacing. Active effervescence compliments good clarity and a deep gold color that borders on coppery. It looks inviting.

S: Beer smell! Some caramel and very slight noble hop smell. I’m also getting alcohol and maybe some corn.

T: Very near cloying. Pilsner malt? Crystal malt- that seems to last in the aftertaste. Corny.

M: Very full bodied for the style. Slightly slick, but dries a little near the end. Low attenuation or lactose?

O: Interesting… The trend toward imperializing might not transfer well to all styles. In some ways, it reminds me of some of my “imperial” homebrews that turned out “okay”, but not epic.

4.2/5  rDev +20.7%

This is an Imperial cream ale it is 8.2 % alcohol by volume.

It is light orange with a large foamy white head.

It smells of sweet grainy malt. I get a bit of a subdued sweet fruit smell.

It has a sweet and creamy malt and grainy quality to it. I get a bit of a refined sugar like a sweet fruit like flavor. I get a bit of a slight orange and apricot like fruitiness to the beer. There is a bit of creaminess to the beer. I think they used lactose sugar.

There is a crisp and smooth mouthfeel to the beer.

Overall a really good beer. I like how they really made all the flavors of an American cream ale. That bad bunny is not messing around.

4.02/5  rDev +15.5%

My son and I evaluated this beer this week. Frankly, I had low expectations before we even opened the bottle.

A - Honey colored with haze. One finger head.

S - Sweet, pilsner malts, Czech Saaz, the candy sugar almost give a honey scent.

T - Shocker. This was really a tasty beer. But you have to appreciate it for what they were trying to make. This is simply a sweet pilsner with a creamy finish. This was Alameda's goal and they nailed it.

M - Medium fouth feel. Nice carbonation.

O - Quite please. This will be my dessert beer for the next October fest. We will definitely buy a few to save.

to view more.