Beeriac IPA - Texas Big Beer

Texas Big Beer visit their website
Texas, United States

Beer added by: jwg782 on 12-06-2013

3.88/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pretty good looking, pretty good off white to light tan head sits on top of an orange colored, moderately hazy beer, and the lacing is pretty good.

Aroma and taste remind me of my Vienna / Cascade SMaSH, but this beer's attributes are considerably more pronounced. The malt backbone is heavy, it's one of those "malty IPAs," not the west coast style (that probably explains the ratings so far, as anything not imperial stout or west coast IPA tends to be rated poorly by beer raters, regardless of the rating guidelines).

But really this beer is not particularly different from other breweries malty IPAs, it's got a very solid malt base, with caramel malt, biscuit, maybe a touch of rye bread crust, plus it's got hops, plenty of them,

I tend to think there's a lot of cascade in this beer, but my pallet is not by any means expertly attuned, so I could be completely wrong. But I still think there's cascade in there, and a lot of it at that, which is good because I like cascade. Can't pick out exactly what other hops might have been used, but there's not a single variety that stands out (again, in my less than perfect jedgment).

Also noted is that I detect a flavor that's overlapping with Queen's wheatwine. This is ok, I really like their wheatwine too, but wish I could specifically pinpoint what similar flavor I'm tasting.

The body is thicker than you'd expect, and the alcohol packs a punch. Overall I've enjoyed every one of Tx Big Beer's beers, and this one is no exception. It's in a separate category (at least if I did the categories, lol) which I tend to think of as "malty IPAs," and it's quite enjoyable. (1,635 characters)

Beeriac IPA from Texas Big Beer
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.