Microbrew Invitational

TICKETS: beeradvocate.com/micro/

Greenway IPA | Triple C Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

Triple C Brewing Co.
North Carolina, United States | website

Style: American IPA

Added by Jason on 11-30-2012

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 26
3.58/5  rDev +2%

Appearance: Arrives with an inch of foam capping the clear amber liquid; leaves some strands behind

Smell: Slightly floral and slightly pithy with a bit of toffee underneath

Taste: Toffee and floral, almost minty hop flavors, up front with a growing piney bitterness in the middle; considerable sweetness, after the swallow, along with a grainy aspect

Mouthfeel: Medium body with moderate carbonation

Overall: Not what I was expecting, although this is a tasty, but different, take on the style; I would like to taste a bit more citrus but the beer is still decent

3.41/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Growler purchased at Triple C

This is the second time I've had this. The first time was in a flite of beers, and I remembered that I liked a decent amount. So, I picked up a growler to bring along to a party.

Don't make the same mistake I did. My buddy opened a bottle of Enjoy By as soon as we got there, so then I had this soon after. Two completely different worlds.

Nice head on this being poured from the growler. Had to let it sit 45 seconds before filling up the glass. The taste and smell were much more muted than I remember. Not as piny or florally. The mouthfeel was nice. Not overly carbonated.

Overall, it was a decent IPA. But don't drink it after an exceptional one like Enjoy By.

Greenway IPA from Triple C Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.