Grand Cru - Boston Beer Works - Canal Street

No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Boston Beer Works - Canal Street visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Belgian Strong Dark Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: jnezda on 09-10-2009

to view more.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
2/5  rDev n/a

On tap at Fenway location. Man I hope I’m adding my rating to the right beer. This was a syrupy and alcoholic mess. Maybe its me and grand crus that don’t get along but thank god I only had this as part of my sampler and not a whole pint. Caramel malt and sweetness hiding behind all that alcohol. There is a long throat burning finish. I loved it!

3.66/5  rDev n/a

Tried this Grand Cru to compliment the wings at Beer Works. The color was a dark chocolate brown with a fine, dense creamy head. The head left good lacing and alluded to the creamy taste and feel of this beer. The smell was average and had some malt characteristic with a hint of bitterness. The mouthfeel of the beer was slightly thinner than I expected with this beer having a creamy full feel that rests on the middle of the palette. This was a well styled beer that was enjoyable and strong. The hop, malt and a slight light lactic sourness added to the character and made for a pronounced delicious beer. I would recommend with the chicken wings also served at Beer Works in the Fenway Park area.

I would recommend this when in the mood for strong Belgian.

to view more.
Grand Cru from Boston Beer Works - Canal Street
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.