Join our email list →

Massachusetts, United States | website

Smoked Beer |  ABV ?

Beer added by: jaasen64 on 02-16-2012

3.38/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Had this beer at Beer Works on Canal Street before the Celtics game last night. I think I got the name right. Served in a pint glass.

A- Reddish gold, average carbonation, about a finger of white head.

S- Not overly aromatic, malts, light sweet caramel, hint of smoke, and a little bit of bourbon

T- Lightly sweet smoked malts. Typical red ale taste with a little bit of bourbon and mixed with a hint of smoked flavor which is more of an aftertaste then anything.

M- Drinkable and fairly well balanced.

O- This was a very interesting beer to try, but I'd have to say I wasn't a huge fan. This beer was basically a fairly average red ale with a bit of smoked malts and bourbon. Definitely not the smokiest beer that I've had, but I liked how it was more of an aftertaste. I feel like this was a fairly experimental beer. The flavors didn't really clash, but they also didn't go that great together. Would have liked to know the ABV of the beer.

Cask-Conditioned Borboun Smoked Red Ale from Boston Beer Works - Canal Street
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.