Seersucker Summer Pilsner - Abita Brewing Co.

Seersucker Summer PilsnerSeersucker Summer Pilsner

Abita Brewing Co. visit their website
Louisiana, United States

German Pilsener |  4.80% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: Jason on 04-27-2014)
Reviews by animal69:

animal69, Jun 08, 2014

tbryan5, Jul 02, 2014
3.68/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: 1 inch head, gold in color, high carbonation, clear

Smell: citrus hops and grass

Taste: sweet toasted malt and light citrus hops

Mouthfeel: sweetish start with a slightly bitter finish, light bodied with high carbonation

Overall: A nice sessionable pils. I like the Spring IPA better amongst the recent Abita releases, however I can see myself picking this up again.

tigg924, Jun 05, 2014
3.2/5  rDev -7.8%

I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw these new six packs at Giant Eagle Market District. I fell in love with their 20th Anniversary Pilsner, today it's probably one of the top five pils I ever had. So I grabbed this one thinking if it's half as good, I'll be happy and actually bought 12 of them.

Pours a deep golden body with a biscuit off white head looks like bread rising, fine even lacing left behind.

Aroma is so soft, a kiss of citrus and bready malts with an air of chalky yeast in the backend. The hops mentioned on the label are not Saaz but Spalt hops instead. Semi tart citrus with the bake bread 2 row, pils, and carapils malt base.

Flavor pale malt base, slightly bready. Dry bitter finish, caked chalky yeast watery citrus components. It's just not the beer that I want after having a pils like their 20th Anniversary beer this just isn't acceptable.

Mouthfeel is light bodied dry chalky finish leaves a lingering flavor I'm not a huge fan of, somewhat refreshing but just doesn't do it for me.

Overall, I'm sorry I bought a 12 pack I should have tested the waters before jumping all in.

WVbeergeek, Jul 07, 2014

Trashcat, Sep 18, 2014

12 oz bottle, poured into a pint glass

Appearance: Pours a pretty, cloudy, golden/yellow color, speckled with orange highlights and a half of a finger of white head that quickly dissolved into a thin lacing of foam that completely covered the top of the beer.

Aroma: Toasted malt up front, imparting notes of English muffins or pretzels, followed by s hint of orange or lemon citrus, some honey and caramel and finished with some floral hops imparting notes of clover and honeysuckle.

Taste: Tastes like a pilsner! Lots of toasted malt up front, followed by a touch of honey or caramel-like sweetness and a touch of lemony citrus, finished by some pronounced hoppy bitterness. Maybe a touch too much hops for me.

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied, crisp, and very effervescent as there’s quite a lot of carbonation. With an ABV of 4.8%, there is no alcohol on the palate.

Overall: This is a decent beer, though to be honest, pilsners aren’t one of my preferred styles of beer. There are some nice flavors of toasted malt and sweetness, but like most pilsners, there’s maybe a touch too much hops at the finish. Pilsner fans and hop heads should really like this beer though…

Jeffreysan, Sep 11, 2014

JamesStreet, Jun 01, 2014

lcdawg, Jul 02, 2014

tdm168, Jul 10, 2014

Bigtiger77, Sep 22, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +8.1%

Pours two and half fingers of head on a hazy straw colored body.
The aroma has lemon, cut grass and some pine needles.
The taste has a nice bitter start, rounded with some mild sweetness. Finishes with a touch of metallic bitterness.
The texture is crisp with moderate carbonation.
This is a great pils.

Fatehunter, Sep 09, 2014
3.25/5  rDev -6.3%

Not bad, poured a cloudy orangeish-brown with good head and lacing. Some spice upfront with malt sweetness and a touch of citrus. Good carbonation makes this beer a little better. Good drinkability and overall decent finish with just a hint of hop bitterness

hophugger, Sep 15, 2014

atlbravsrno1, Jun 25, 2014

Pours out to a generous white head that laces well. Deep golden color. Aroma suggests dry hopping with fresh noble hop aromas balanced with sweet pale pilsner and carapils. Flavor is hop-forward with a nice malt backdrop. Finishes bittersweet and bracingly crisp. Mouthfeel is correct to style. Overall, a tasty, quaffable Americanized German Pilsner. I enjoy traditional German and English hop varieties and this beer delivers on the German noble hop promise. Great choice.

EagleTalon, Aug 16, 2014

coopdog1000, Jul 13, 2014
4.4/5  rDev +26.8%

ShutdownKings, Aug 15, 2014
3.39/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Abita Seersucker Summer Pils has a thick, off-white head, a semi-hazy, yellow-golden appearance, powdery sediment suspended throughout, some bubbles streaming up, and a good amount of lacing left on the glass. The aroma is of zingy, lemony hop oil and white bread. The taste is of white bread, citrus oil, and lemony bitterness. Mouthfeel is medium, and Abita Seersucker finishes fairly crisp and easy drinking. This comes across as an IPL.

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Jun 24, 2014

miguellunarusso, Jun 15, 2014
2.93/5  rDev -15.6%

My first review... Be gentle please. First and foremost gents and ladies (or ladies and gents), this beer is meant to be poured. My first 12oz. was from the bottle and all I received was a citrus-like taste with a noticeable bitter after taste that my palate associates with ale's. My first round was quite less pleasurable than I expected from my favorite Louisiana, born and bread, brewery. However, the second round I poured into a Nonic Pint Glass, or your standard English Pub Beer Glass, and the experience was night and day. I still received the distinct taste of citrus that I do not normally expect with a Pils but it is not near as powerful as drinking directly from the bottle. As stated in other reviews, I can truly see how this beer would be absolutely fantastic with numerous Cajun dishes. Being a Louisiana native, I hope I can grab a 6-pack of this for the next Crawfish (Cray-fish) season and sample them with some down right, spicier than hell, home grown Louisiana crawfish.

Beer Novice's Note: I love beer... Several different kinds of beer. (From my local store Chimay is my favorite). However, some of the terms that are used by others to describe their experiences elude me at this point. I hope to, in time, broaden my horizons eventually understand these terms.

Fosh, Jul 20, 2014

BayouBengal1537, Sep 06, 2014
Seersucker Summer Pilsner from Abita Brewing Co.