B2X - Abita Brewing Co.

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Abita Brewing Co. visit their website
Louisiana, United States

American Brown Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: thagr81us on 02-05-2013)
3.86/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

"A full bodied dark brown ale aged for 8 weeks in Kentucky Bourbon Barrels. Big bourbon flavors and aroma with a subtle hint of Vanilla and roasted malts. Cask conditioned."

Served from cask into a Raleigh Rare & Vintage Beer Tasting snifter. Poured red-brown with a minimal off-white head. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, nutty, wood, vanilla, and earth. The flavor was of sweet malt, vanilla, wood, nutty, earth, and subtle sweet alcohol. It had a light feel on the palate with mild carbonation. Overall this was a pretty decent brew. I really enjoyed what I found on this one in the flavor. The nuttiness I got on the nose was a little off-putting as I am not typically a fan. But the barrel treatment done here did a nice job and incorporating this aspect and made it rather enjoyable. Carbonation was low due to serving type, so I can't fault it there. Really easy to drink and would love to have more of this in the future. Tick.

thagr81us, Feb 05, 2013
B2X from Abita Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.