Oude Jube - Avery Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Avery Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

English Strong Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: Flyer on 10-16-2007)
3.23/5  rDev n/a

I hope this review is in the right place, it was listed as Oude Deux at the Avery taproom. I was told it is Old Jubilation fermented with a rochefort belgian yeast strain. It was the same color as Old ju but tasted like chocolate with fruity notes. Too bad it upset my stomach really bad, my stomach just doesn't like certain belgian yeasts. The drinkability sucked big time for me. Give me regular Old Jubilation any day.

3.5/5  rDev n/a

I had this at the Falling Rock in Denver during the GABF. Seems to be an experimental brew -- barrel-aged Avery Old Jubilation with some wild yeast (I think). It pours dark, so dark it's almost purple. The aroma is port and ale funk. Flavor-wise, there's a lot going on here. Brett-ish sour, port/raisin notes, a quality I'm starting to call "funeral home floral", ale funk, wood -- and yet, there's something missing. It seems to lack a malt backbone, so all of the above is happening around a hollow core. But, as an experiment, I give them credit. An interesting failure is better than a good, safe brew any day.

Oude Jube from Avery Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.