Revolver Blood And Honey - Revolver Brewing

Revolver Brewing visit their website
Texas, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  7.00% ABV

Beer added by: Mora2000 on 10-20-2012

Ale brewed with blood orange peels, honey and spices.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Revolver Blood And Honey Alström Bros
Ratings: 428 | Reviews: 54
2.32/5  rDev -39.9%

I am a little disappointed. I expected more. still better than Bud but at this price point and ingredients i expected more flavor, more punch more period

3.69/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

From BeerAdvocate Magazine #83 (Dec 2013):

A most original and complex unfiltered beer brewed with blood orange zest, local honey and spices. The zest is bold and bright, and provides an interesting balance for the residual honey and malty notes. Perhaps a bit too spiced for us, as we would have loved to see those oranges and honey play a bit more, but regardless, a solid and creative brew.

STYLE: American Wheat Ale
ABV: 7.0%
AVAILABILITY: Year-round

LOOK: Hazy, pale yellow, thin white lacing

SMELL: Gummy, spice, honey, orange zest

TASTE: Medium bodied, slight chewiness, toasty, yeasty, honey, tangy, oranges, allspice, bready, dry; honey and spice linger

1.28/5  rDev -66.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Tastes like read meat simmering in honey.... The blood part of the name does not come from the blood orange peel.... To me it comes from meat blood....
One of the worst beers I have had in my life. I would take a PBR any time over this beer.

4.51/5  rDev +16.8%

This is very drinkable for summer. Citrus really comes through

4.11/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4.75

I love this beer. A go to for me. Light but great flavor.

4.18/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Blood and honey is a nice title when considering the sweeter side of taste you get along with a kick from beckham.

3.8/5  rDev -1.6%

Pours a hazy pale yellow with a very fizzy head. The smell was wonderful with a lot of spicy and zesty flavors coming through. Lemon peel and pepper seemed to come through heavy. The palate was nice with a bite from the hops being softened by the blood orange. refreshing and really nice for summertime.

3.82/5  rDev -1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Smells like a fireball shot. Kind of a shallow taste overall.

3.94/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

A little too cloudy in appearance, but the taste is so good. It is one I recommend to my friends if they enjoy wheat beers.

3.55/5  rDev -8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Spicy with honey notes, very nice taste... I like this beer

2.44/5  rDev -36.8%

Reminds me of an Alaska Ale with an orange slice.

4.02/5  rDev +4.1%

Definitely one of the most interesting pours I've seen . . . Creamy, foamy, frothy marshmallow head. Sediments are are over the place in this glass, almost like someone tossed a handful of dust in my glass, beautiful really ! Feel is pretty spectacular. Kinda sticky, creamy and smooth. So far I'm very pleased with this beer. Taste is impressive as well. Honey, citrus zest . . . Orange, lemon, grapefruit, grass shavings and others as well as some peppery spices. An oniony and garlic taste on the end. This is a pretty terrific beer that took me by surprise. Thank you @Chavez316 for this amazing extra.

2.81/5  rDev -27.2%

Strong citrus smell and aftertaste. My least favorite of revolver.

taster at Uncle Buck's in Grapevine.

4.9/5  rDev +26.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Wondeful beer. Very drinkable, especially if you can find it on tap.

4.82/5  rDev +24.9%

very very very very good

Awesome beer! Need more in Kentucky.

Very nice wheat color and the blood orange gives it a hint of a tart aftertaste.

3.93/5  rDev +1.8%

Poured a hazy pale orange color with lots of sediment floating. Nice spicy and citrus flavor. Clean finish and it hides the 7% very well.

Paired well with BBQ but was a little too sweet for me

The beer poured an opaque orange to straw yellow with a lot of sediment. I poured about 3/4 of it in my glass, activated the yeast, and poured the rest. The aroma was sweet and spicy with hints of cloves and orange. I may have detected a bit of honey in the sweet but it could have been my mind making me taste it due to the name. The taste was full of the same spice and orange all riding the honey sweet body. It was not like honey nut cheerios sweet but rather a good full beer sweetness. The orange and spice fully emerge as the beer warmed and even gave the Blood and Honey a bit of tartness. I could also detect the base wheat beer flavors of clove and bananas underneath the orange. The full bodied brew offered a wonderful take on a standard wheat beer. I love blood oranges and the blood and honey highlights those flavors. A winner in my book.

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

Normally I do not like fruit in my beer, but this one is surprisingly good and refreshing. Nice balance between the sweet and citrus.

2.68/5  rDev -30.6%

Not a fan of how this tastes which is like some kind of artichoke dip, not the flavor I want in a beer

4.52/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Such brew. Many ABV%. :) yes

4.24/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Another bottle that travelled to me from Texas thru my son's generous efforts! Poured into a pint glass, nice foamy white head with excellent lacing. The smell of oranges and honey is enticing. A cloudy yellow - orange color with a bit of sediment apparent, which is natural for an unfiltered beer. Tasting it there is a definite honey and orange sweetness that was well-balanced and simply deeelicious! I wish I had more than one of these!

Revolver Blood And Honey from Revolver Brewing