Revolver Blood And Honey - Revolver Brewing

Revolver Brewing visit their website
Texas, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  7.00% ABV

Beer added by: Mora2000 on 10-20-2012

Ale brewed with blood orange peels, honey and spices.
to view more.
Ratings: 419 | Reviews: 50
4.51/5  rDev +16.5%

This is very drinkable for summer. Citrus really comes through

4.11/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4.75

I love this beer. A go to for me. Light but great flavor.

4.18/5  rDev +8%
look: 5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Blood and honey is a nice title when considering the sweeter side of taste you get along with a kick from beckham.

3.82/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Smells like a fireball shot. Kind of a shallow taste overall.

3.94/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

A little too cloudy in appearance, but the taste is so good. It is one I recommend to my friends if they enjoy wheat beers.

3.55/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Spicy with honey notes, very nice taste... I like this beer

2.44/5  rDev -37%

Reminds me of an Alaska Ale with an orange slice.

4.02/5  rDev +3.9%

Definitely one of the most interesting pours I've seen . . . Creamy, foamy, frothy marshmallow head. Sediments are are over the place in this glass, almost like someone tossed a handful of dust in my glass, beautiful really ! Feel is pretty spectacular. Kinda sticky, creamy and smooth. So far I'm very pleased with this beer. Taste is impressive as well. Honey, citrus zest . . . Orange, lemon, grapefruit, grass shavings and others as well as some peppery spices. An oniony and garlic taste on the end. This is a pretty terrific beer that took me by surprise. Thank you @Chavez316 for this amazing extra.

2.81/5  rDev -27.4%

Strong citrus smell and aftertaste. My least favorite of revolver.

taster at Uncle Buck's in Grapevine.

4.9/5  rDev +26.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Wondeful beer. Very drinkable, especially if you can find it on tap.

4.82/5  rDev +24.5%

very very very very good

Awesome beer! Need more in Kentucky.

Very nice wheat color and the blood orange gives it a hint of a tart aftertaste.

3.93/5  rDev +1.6%

Poured a hazy pale orange color with lots of sediment floating. Nice spicy and citrus flavor. Clean finish and it hides the 7% very well.

Paired well with BBQ but was a little too sweet for me

The beer poured an opaque orange to straw yellow with a lot of sediment. I poured about 3/4 of it in my glass, activated the yeast, and poured the rest. The aroma was sweet and spicy with hints of cloves and orange. I may have detected a bit of honey in the sweet but it could have been my mind making me taste it due to the name. The taste was full of the same spice and orange all riding the honey sweet body. It was not like honey nut cheerios sweet but rather a good full beer sweetness. The orange and spice fully emerge as the beer warmed and even gave the Blood and Honey a bit of tartness. I could also detect the base wheat beer flavors of clove and bananas underneath the orange. The full bodied brew offered a wonderful take on a standard wheat beer. I love blood oranges and the blood and honey highlights those flavors. A winner in my book.

3.75/5  rDev -3.1%

Normally I do not like fruit in my beer, but this one is surprisingly good and refreshing. Nice balance between the sweet and citrus.

2.68/5  rDev -30.7%

Not a fan of how this tastes which is like some kind of artichoke dip, not the flavor I want in a beer

4.52/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Such brew. Many ABV%. :) yes

4.24/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Another bottle that travelled to me from Texas thru my son's generous efforts! Poured into a pint glass, nice foamy white head with excellent lacing. The smell of oranges and honey is enticing. A cloudy yellow - orange color with a bit of sediment apparent, which is natural for an unfiltered beer. Tasting it there is a definite honey and orange sweetness that was well-balanced and simply deeelicious! I wish I had more than one of these!

3.9/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The blood orange and spice flavor countered with medium honey sweetness. Interesting combo.

1.99/5  rDev -48.6%

Appearance: Floaty chunky bits in my beer! Some of it doesn't really look like protein coagulation, more like bits of herb maybe? Dark bits floating in the hazy yellow glass with heavy carbonation streams feeding a half finger white head.

Smell: Pumpkin pie spices overwhelm any other notes.

Taste: Pumpkin pie, clove spices are firm and again, mask every other flavor. A bit of an orange juice bitterness. A bit of wet grain grit.

Feel: Prickly carbonation, clean finish, a bit of alcoholic burn.

Overall: I don't like solid bits in my beer, I'm going to pour this out. The flavor isn't too bad, and I really like the concept, but there's not enough here to make me want to drink this. I really hope I just got a bad bottle.

3.5/5  rDev -9.6%

Light but a good bitter for a wheat. Maybe it's just the pour I got, but it tastes a bit salty.

Had a bottle of this in Weatherford, Texas as we were doing a NC to AZ road trip. Nice smell and lace. The blood oranges worked.

to view more.