Revolver Blood And Honey - Revolver Brewing

Revolver Brewing visit their website
Texas, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  7.00% ABV

Beer added by: Mora2000 on 10-20-2012

Ale brewed with blood orange peels, honey and spices.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Revolver Blood And Honey Alström Bros
first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

This is one of my go to beers here in Dallas.
I am never disappointed.

B&H is very smooth and easy to drink. A very refreshing beer if that's what you're looking for. It's very sweet and a little tangy, but also has a boldness behind it that warms your body with every drink.

One of this area's better beers, in my opinion, and is now showing up in many restaurants and bars all around Dallas/Fort Worth which is great! (423 characters)

3.94/5  rDev +0.3%

An interesting beer here.

Drank a single left at my place after a party.

The taste actually reminds me a little bit of Pumpkinator for some reason....perhaps the cinnamon? An intriguing take of a wheat ale for sure. Tasty and refreshing.

I will buy it yes I will. (269 characters)

4.03/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Very tasty! Unique fruit and cinnamony taste. Odd at first taste but addictive. I will definitely be buying this again. Glad that it is now readily available in my part of Texas! (178 characters)

4.3/5  rDev +9.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I'm a little biased being from Texas but this beer is great.
Really refreshing but not light. When I first got this and the bartender said it was 7% I was shocked because it went down so nice.

Smells great, tastes great. You can taste the sweetness of the honey but it's not overwhelming by any stretch.
Highly recommend this on a hot summer day or any day really.

Cheer (375 characters)

4.11/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A very frothy murky pour with a big head. Smells great,mouth citrus and spice combined. Tastes like honey wheat with orange and lemon. A very bold version of any summer wheat ale that leaves a clean taste in your mouth. Love this beer! (235 characters)

2.32/5  rDev -41%

I am a little disappointed. I expected more. still better than Bud but at this price point and ingredients i expected more flavor, more punch more period (154 characters)

3.69/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

From BeerAdvocate Magazine #83 (Dec 2013):

A most original and complex unfiltered beer brewed with blood orange zest, local honey and spices. The zest is bold and bright, and provides an interesting balance for the residual honey and malty notes. Perhaps a bit too spiced for us, as we would have loved to see those oranges and honey play a bit more, but regardless, a solid and creative brew.

STYLE: American Wheat Ale
ABV: 7.0%
AVAILABILITY: Year-round

LOOK: Hazy, pale yellow, thin white lacing

SMELL: Gummy, spice, honey, orange zest

TASTE: Medium bodied, slight chewiness, toasty, yeasty, honey, tangy, oranges, allspice, bready, dry; honey and spice linger (667 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -67.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Tastes like read meat simmering in honey.... The blood part of the name does not come from the blood orange peel.... To me it comes from meat blood....
One of the worst beers I have had in my life. I would take a PBR any time over this beer. (242 characters)

3.8/5  rDev -3.3%

Pours a hazy pale yellow with a very fizzy head. The smell was wonderful with a lot of spicy and zesty flavors coming through. Lemon peel and pepper seemed to come through heavy. The palate was nice with a bite from the hops being softened by the blood orange. refreshing and really nice for summertime. (303 characters)

4.02/5  rDev +2.3%

Definitely one of the most interesting pours I've seen . . . Creamy, foamy, frothy marshmallow head. Sediments are are over the place in this glass, almost like someone tossed a handful of dust in my glass, beautiful really ! Feel is pretty spectacular. Kinda sticky, creamy and smooth. So far I'm very pleased with this beer. Taste is impressive as well. Honey, citrus zest . . . Orange, lemon, grapefruit, grass shavings and others as well as some peppery spices. An oniony and garlic taste on the end. This is a pretty terrific beer that took me by surprise. Thank you @Chavez316 for this amazing extra. (606 characters)

The beer poured an opaque orange to straw yellow with a lot of sediment. I poured about 3/4 of it in my glass, activated the yeast, and poured the rest. The aroma was sweet and spicy with hints of cloves and orange. I may have detected a bit of honey in the sweet but it could have been my mind making me taste it due to the name. The taste was full of the same spice and orange all riding the honey sweet body. It was not like honey nut cheerios sweet but rather a good full beer sweetness. The orange and spice fully emerge as the beer warmed and even gave the Blood and Honey a bit of tartness. I could also detect the base wheat beer flavors of clove and bananas underneath the orange. The full bodied brew offered a wonderful take on a standard wheat beer. I love blood oranges and the blood and honey highlights those flavors. A winner in my book. (861 characters)

4.24/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Another bottle that travelled to me from Texas thru my son's generous efforts! Poured into a pint glass, nice foamy white head with excellent lacing. The smell of oranges and honey is enticing. A cloudy yellow - orange color with a bit of sediment apparent, which is natural for an unfiltered beer. Tasting it there is a definite honey and orange sweetness that was well-balanced and simply deeelicious! I wish I had more than one of these! (442 characters)

1.99/5  rDev -49.4%

Appearance: Floaty chunky bits in my beer! Some of it doesn't really look like protein coagulation, more like bits of herb maybe? Dark bits floating in the hazy yellow glass with heavy carbonation streams feeding a half finger white head.

Smell: Pumpkin pie spices overwhelm any other notes.

Taste: Pumpkin pie, clove spices are firm and again, mask every other flavor. A bit of an orange juice bitterness. A bit of wet grain grit.

Feel: Prickly carbonation, clean finish, a bit of alcoholic burn.

Overall: I don't like solid bits in my beer, I'm going to pour this out. The flavor isn't too bad, and I really like the concept, but there's not enough here to make me want to drink this. I really hope I just got a bad bottle. (731 characters)

3.78/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Cloudy and pulpy, pineapple colored body as poured into my pint glass. Nice finger of foamy white head.
Smells surprisingly mellow of spices, banana, orange, wheat and slight vanilla, and even slighter honey.
This tastes like a sweet and wheaty type of saison due to the spices, and then quickly I get the impression this blend belongs more so in a holiday edition. I think it's initially tasty and comes off well-balanced, however I was not expecting the spices to carry-over into the aftertaste as they do. A bit too much of those, and at times metallic, although the overall sweetness of the honey-like malt backs it up so it remains drinkable.
Feels fairly thick and smooth mouthfeel.
It's something to try. I'm not sure if I'd seek it again, but yes I'd take it cold if offered. (787 characters)

12oz. bottle poured to a rounded pint glass.

Aroma- Light straw color. Thick head (two fingers). Very cloudy (wheat beer).

Smell- Orange. Clove. Sweet.

Taste- Sweet and sugary. Orange. Very "wheatey" at the finish.

Mouthfeel- Great carbonation with a very light body to it. Goes down smooth and easy.

Overall- This is currently one of my top 3 favorite beers. I absolutely LOVE it on tap. Much better than the bottle. Definitely a great Texas recommendation!

Extra: High alcohol content for a wheat beer at around 7% ABV.

ALWAYS better on tap. (552 characters)

4.09/5  rDev +4.1%

Revolver Brewery is located about five minutes from my house and I tried this beer when they first opened their doors. The sweetness of the beer stands out to a lot of people, and some people just don't like it. However, it think it adds a nice refreshing quality to the beer and it's something I could enjoy outside on a hot summer day with no problems, and I've done it at their location. This is their most popular beer by far, and it's the one that they are bottling currently too. They're still a small operation as far as breweries are concerned but they have been growing very quickly. (592 characters)

4.03/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Serving from bottle. You can see the yeast through the bottle, actually looks very tastey just looking at it. Pours a bright golden color with a foamy head. Smells of citrus notes not overpowering. Taste is sweet, lemon, orange, a slight boozyness. Finishes sharp. Very refreshing, drinkable, and unique. (304 characters)

4.14/5  rDev +5.3%

This is a very pale straw-colored beer with a small head, that fades pretty quickly. The nose is excellent, with a sweet light maltiness, lots of wheat, and tart citrus peel notes, the latter very wit-like. The taste is interesting and unique. The malt is much more prominent than I expected--it's even a little heady. Citrus isn't as prominent as in the nose, but it's still detectable. There is some subtle, not really identifiable spiciness, perhaps from the yeast used. Very good beer! (489 characters)

4.85/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

The beer that pulled me into the craft brew world..and My favorite beer from revolver brewing co.!! Perfect summer time beer..paired pretty damn well with fried shrimp and fried alligator bites! (194 characters)

4.29/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Scored this as an extra in a deal (thanks greg_h). Poured into a pokal glass, produced a thin 1/2" head which dissipated fairly quickly. A: I love the appearance of an unfiltered wheat. Hazy and golden in the glass. S: You can really smell the spice and the honey from the glass. T: nice and light. Get the spice and hint of orange off the nose with a clean finish. Reminds me of a more flavorful Oberon. No hint of booze, really well blended. Also with a light and refreshing mouth feel. Overall, I am really impressed with this beer. Being from Chicago, I'd never even heard of it before. I would say it's one of my new favorites of the style. Great summer beer. (669 characters)

4.06/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Bottle shared with stillmatic2232.

Pours out a half opaque, half clear dark orange, with barely any head, only a small film, and no lacing. There's a good amount of sediment in the bottom of the bottle, once it lands in the glass, the beer becomes basically opaque orange. Weird, but interesting.

Smells like oranges, pepper, cinnamon, and honey. The spicing is quite strong in the aroma.

The taste is pretty similar. Very strong spicing that works well against the sweetness of the blood oranges and honey. Some wheat bitterness lingers for a short period.

Light to medium bodied, very crisp mouthfeel, and very drinkable.

This was a little bit oddball, but still very tasty and one of the more unique wheat beers I've had. (729 characters)

3.6/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Pours a nice bright golden yellow with a big white head. Lot's of dark bits and pieces. Smells terrific! Smells very sweet, fresh and citrusy. However, there's no sweetness in the taste. A very lively clean and refreshing beer. Really enjoyed this one. (252 characters)

3.91/5  rDev -0.5%

Received in a trade from IGer thereal_adam, who I'm pretty sure is also on Beer Advocate somewhere.

The beer has a great appearance, golden, straw-colored liquid, cloudy and unfiltered like a hefeweizen. The pour produced a two-and-a-half finger thick head that is creamy, frothy and abundant in sticky lace that pegs to the sides of the glass.

I have to work a little bit to ge some aroma off the nose, but I do get sweetness, wheat, citrus, and honey. It's pretty mellow but it's there.

Wow! This beer is really light and refreshing to drink, yet there's a lot on the flavor profile. In many ways, it reminds me of Marble's Wildflower Wheat, but with a few other flavor notes. I get sweet pale malts, honey, a slight citrus aftertaste and some grassiness and wheatiness. Bread lingers on my tongue after each sip.

It's a sweeter beer, but by no means a soda. Very well-balanced, thick and creamy on the mouth, yet still refreshing enough for trips to the park or barbecues.

I'm a fan and I bet at any barbecue this would be a huge hit. (1,057 characters)

4.25/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A friend of mine took me out to Granbury, Texas for a Saturday tour at the brewery. Out of the 4 on tap, this is my favorite. It's unfiltered, brewed with local honey and blood orange peel. Good flavor with the alcohol hidden well. Very tasty. There's a serious amount of detail and consistency going into this recipe all the way down to the on-site well water from the Trinity Aquifer.

It is bottled and distributed here locally and worth the extra dollar for this great tasting beer. Between the bottled and on tap, prefer on tap of course. But the beer bottled up tastes just as good. Any given Saturday, when you can, take the trip out to the brewery to enjoy some music, local food, horse shoes and great tasting beer. (724 characters)

4.19/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours a murky yellow, almost a light orange color with a frothy white head.

It smells of buublegum with a hint of banana and some dry grassy notes in the background.

It tastes of more banana and gum with lots of yeast and a slight metallic twang at the end.

Feels medium bodied with lots of carbonation and a dry finish.

This is almost like a strong Belgian Wit, I really enjoyed it and hope my store keeps this in stock. (426 characters)

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast