Revolver Blood And Honey - Revolver Brewing

Revolver Brewing visit their website
Texas, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  7.00% ABV

Beer added by: Mora2000 on 10-20-2012

Ale brewed with blood orange peels, honey and spices.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Revolver Blood And Honey Alström Bros
first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast

12oz. bottle poured to a rounded pint glass.

Aroma- Light straw color. Thick head (two fingers). Very cloudy (wheat beer).

Smell- Orange. Clove. Sweet.

Taste- Sweet and sugary. Orange. Very "wheatey" at the finish.

Mouthfeel- Great carbonation with a very light body to it. Goes down smooth and easy.

Overall- This is currently one of my top 3 favorite beers. I absolutely LOVE it on tap. Much better than the bottle. Definitely a great Texas recommendation!

Extra: High alcohol content for a wheat beer at around 7% ABV.

ALWAYS better on tap.

4.85/5  rDev +28.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

The beer that pulled me into the craft brew world..and My favorite beer from revolver brewing co.!! Perfect summer time beer..paired pretty damn well with fried shrimp and fried alligator bites!

4.75/5  rDev +26%

The beer pours a cloudy orange body. The smell is sweet, with blood orange and honey. The taste is very similar to the taste, but I also get a nice wheat flavor. The beer tingles on the back of the throat and goes down easy. This is the best wheat beer I have ever had.

4.73/5  rDev +25.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Went straight to the source for this beer. Every Saturday they have a beer tasting and it's worth the trip.

A: Cloudy full color to it, a golden light amber.

S: Sweet but firm smell.

T: Great flavor, not thin and not over flavored.

M: Full and smooth.

Overall a great beer, a year round drinker and favorite.

4.59/5  rDev +21.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This beer was just just release in bottles on 8/8/13. Currently being sold at Central Market in Fort Worth with more locations coming.

A: golden but unfiltered so cloudy

S: citrus

T: acidic from the blood orange and sweetness from the honey

M: very pleasant carbonation and goes down very smoothly

O: A lot of hype locally over the release of this beer in bottles. Certainly lived up to the hype. Strikes me as a great summertime beer.

4.45/5  rDev +18%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.75

Had this gem at the flying saucer in Ft. Worth. I was fairly surprised with how different it is.

First sip was a little disappointing. Wasn't much to it. But, by the third, I found the flavor. The taste of the blood oranges gives it a very interesting taste. Mix that with spices and honey, and it becomes something I've never experienced.

It wasn't as thick as most wheats I've had. Which is fine with me. And there wasn't much of a head. What was there dissipated fairly quickly.

Overall, I was impressed, and will have it again.

4.3/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I'm a little biased being from Texas but this beer is great.
Really refreshing but not light. When I first got this and the bartender said it was 7% I was shocked because it went down so nice.

Smells great, tastes great. You can taste the sweetness of the honey but it's not overwhelming by any stretch.
Highly recommend this on a hot summer day or any day really.

4.29/5  rDev +13.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Scored this as an extra in a deal (thanks greg_h). Poured into a pokal glass, produced a thin 1/2" head which dissipated fairly quickly. A: I love the appearance of an unfiltered wheat. Hazy and golden in the glass. S: You can really smell the spice and the honey from the glass. T: nice and light. Get the spice and hint of orange off the nose with a clean finish. Reminds me of a more flavorful Oberon. No hint of booze, really well blended. Also with a light and refreshing mouth feel. Overall, I am really impressed with this beer. Being from Chicago, I'd never even heard of it before. I would say it's one of my new favorites of the style. Great summer beer.

4.25/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A friend of mine took me out to Granbury, Texas for a Saturday tour at the brewery. Out of the 4 on tap, this is my favorite. It's unfiltered, brewed with local honey and blood orange peel. Good flavor with the alcohol hidden well. Very tasty. There's a serious amount of detail and consistency going into this recipe all the way down to the on-site well water from the Trinity Aquifer.

It is bottled and distributed here locally and worth the extra dollar for this great tasting beer. Between the bottled and on tap, prefer on tap of course. But the beer bottled up tastes just as good. Any given Saturday, when you can, take the trip out to the brewery to enjoy some music, local food, horse shoes and great tasting beer.

4.24/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Another bottle that travelled to me from Texas thru my son's generous efforts! Poured into a pint glass, nice foamy white head with excellent lacing. The smell of oranges and honey is enticing. A cloudy yellow - orange color with a bit of sediment apparent, which is natural for an unfiltered beer. Tasting it there is a definite honey and orange sweetness that was well-balanced and simply deeelicious! I wish I had more than one of these!

4.23/5  rDev +12.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

12 oz. bottle poured into wheat beer glass

L: yellow-orange, maybe 9-12 SRM, solid 1-inch head of white/offwhite foam ... sediment everywhere, beer is otherwise clear but the sediment is the main thing you see; little to no sticking or lacing; color is very nice, gold with just a pinch of red in it

S: grain, sour grain, honey ... lots of sweetness under the grain, orange and sweet grapefruit ... very nice; a little wheat banana, but the honey and citrus overpower it; the grain note sounds boring, but it's giving the nose a nice harmony

T: very sweet, lots of honey and grain like the nose but possibly even more sweet ... the citrus flavor is cool, and it's offering a bit of a twist off the traditional hefeweizen banana (which is in here if only as a minor note); grain background helps tame down the sweet, much like the nose

F: soft but full, very hefeweizenlike ... the beer pushes up a constant skin of foam, which softens the feel in a true Old World style

O: love this brew ... it strikes a nice balance between three wheat styles -- the overly sweet American pale style, the tart-grainy American style and the banana hefe; halfway through a six-pack, I'm itching to go get another; one of the best American-made wheat beers I've tried

4.19/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours a murky yellow, almost a light orange color with a frothy white head.

It smells of buublegum with a hint of banana and some dry grassy notes in the background.

It tastes of more banana and gum with lots of yeast and a slight metallic twang at the end.

Feels medium bodied with lots of carbonation and a dry finish.

This is almost like a strong Belgian Wit, I really enjoyed it and hope my store keeps this in stock.

4.14/5  rDev +9.8%

This is a very pale straw-colored beer with a small head, that fades pretty quickly. The nose is excellent, with a sweet light maltiness, lots of wheat, and tart citrus peel notes, the latter very wit-like. The taste is interesting and unique. The malt is much more prominent than I expected--it's even a little heady. Citrus isn't as prominent as in the nose, but it's still detectable. There is some subtle, not really identifiable spiciness, perhaps from the yeast used. Very good beer!

4.11/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A very frothy murky pour with a big head. Smells great,mouth citrus and spice combined. Tastes like honey wheat with orange and lemon. A very bold version of any summer wheat ale that leaves a clean taste in your mouth. Love this beer!

4.09/5  rDev +8.5%

I am not the most seasoned reviewer, but I had this beer yesterday on tap at Monty's Corner in Fort Worth's Montgomery Plaza. They sold me on it by talking about how it was made locally in Granbury.

The beer had a cloudy look to it, and a distinct smell of honey. Not much in the way of head and little lacing. This could be due to the chilled glass they served it in, which was more of a schooner.

The taste was a little thin. Taste of honey and wheat, but the taste disappeared from your palate in about half a second. Very odd sensation. By the time you finish swallowing, there is absolutely no lingering taste.

Beer was served extremely cold in a chilled glass, so I probably should have let it warm a bit to get the full flavor, but was on a time crunch.

On second try, this was much better, maybe the first go round was stale.

Lots of honey and blood orange in the nose and the palate. Well balanced and drinkable, with a solid mouth feel for style. All in all, a great offering from Revolver.

4.09/5  rDev +8.5%

Revolver Brewery is located about five minutes from my house and I tried this beer when they first opened their doors. The sweetness of the beer stands out to a lot of people, and some people just don't like it. However, it think it adds a nice refreshing quality to the beer and it's something I could enjoy outside on a hot summer day with no problems, and I've done it at their location. This is their most popular beer by far, and it's the one that they are bottling currently too. They're still a small operation as far as breweries are concerned but they have been growing very quickly.

4.06/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Bottle shared with stillmatic2232.

Pours out a half opaque, half clear dark orange, with barely any head, only a small film, and no lacing. There's a good amount of sediment in the bottom of the bottle, once it lands in the glass, the beer becomes basically opaque orange. Weird, but interesting.

Smells like oranges, pepper, cinnamon, and honey. The spicing is quite strong in the aroma.

The taste is pretty similar. Very strong spicing that works well against the sweetness of the blood oranges and honey. Some wheat bitterness lingers for a short period.

Light to medium bodied, very crisp mouthfeel, and very drinkable.

This was a little bit oddball, but still very tasty and one of the more unique wheat beers I've had.

4.03/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Very tasty! Unique fruit and cinnamony taste. Odd at first taste but addictive. I will definitely be buying this again. Glad that it is now readily available in my part of Texas!

4.03/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Serving from bottle. You can see the yeast through the bottle, actually looks very tastey just looking at it. Pours a bright golden color with a foamy head. Smells of citrus notes not overpowering. Taste is sweet, lemon, orange, a slight boozyness. Finishes sharp. Very refreshing, drinkable, and unique.

look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

This is one of my go to beers here in Dallas.
I am never disappointed.

B&H is very smooth and easy to drink. A very refreshing beer if that's what you're looking for. It's very sweet and a little tangy, but also has a boldness behind it that warms your body with every drink.

One of this area's better beers, in my opinion, and is now showing up in many restaurants and bars all around Dallas/Fort Worth which is great!

4.02/5  rDev +6.6%

Definitely one of the most interesting pours I've seen . . . Creamy, foamy, frothy marshmallow head. Sediments are are over the place in this glass, almost like someone tossed a handful of dust in my glass, beautiful really ! Feel is pretty spectacular. Kinda sticky, creamy and smooth. So far I'm very pleased with this beer. Taste is impressive as well. Honey, citrus zest . . . Orange, lemon, grapefruit, grass shavings and others as well as some peppery spices. An oniony and garlic taste on the end. This is a pretty terrific beer that took me by surprise. Thank you @Chavez316 for this amazing extra.

On tap at the Common Table. The beer pours a hazy yellow color with a white head. The aroma has a lot of orange citrus notes, as well as some wheat. The flavor is more complex. I get some great wheat and honey notes, as well as some herbs and juicy citrus. As I drink the beer, the herbal notes get stronger and stronger and add more and more to the flavor. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. Very nice.

The beer poured an opaque orange to straw yellow with a lot of sediment. I poured about 3/4 of it in my glass, activated the yeast, and poured the rest. The aroma was sweet and spicy with hints of cloves and orange. I may have detected a bit of honey in the sweet but it could have been my mind making me taste it due to the name. The taste was full of the same spice and orange all riding the honey sweet body. It was not like honey nut cheerios sweet but rather a good full beer sweetness. The orange and spice fully emerge as the beer warmed and even gave the Blood and Honey a bit of tartness. I could also detect the base wheat beer flavors of clove and bananas underneath the orange. The full bodied brew offered a wonderful take on a standard wheat beer. I love blood oranges and the blood and honey highlights those flavors. A winner in my book.

This one was actually really surprising. I didn't ecpect to like it, but it was quite enjoyable. Lots of subtle sweetness from the honey and it pairs very well with the style. It didn't blow me away, but I would drink this again for sure.

3.97/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Had our growler filled at Brewed here in Fort Worth.

A: Was a cloudy golden honey yellow. Nice head which did not stick around for very long, and left little lacing if any on the glass.

S: This one had a nice spicy citrus note with honey and wheat as well.

T: The taste of this is unlike any wheat beer that I have had before. As noted above for the smell all the citrus is there from the blood orange zest. You get the banana esters that you would in your usual wheat beer. The honey adds this great complex sweet character, that mingles nicely with the slightly bitter hops.

M: This one is smooth drinking, and very refreshing. This one is going down nicely.

O: This is quickly becoming one of my favorite wheat beers. The complexity of the taste really had me surprised. I was used to writing off all wheat beers as generally tasting the same. Really glad that I have access to this as it is one that my wife and I can both share. Looking forward to drinking lots more this summer.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast