Musk Of The Minotaur IPA - Hoof Hearted Brewing

No picture uploaded.

Hoof Hearted Brewing visit their website
Ohio, United States

American IPA |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: beesy on 03-27-2013)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

4.25/5  rDev +4.4%

05-04-2013 00:04:05 | More by Farky87
beesy

3.7/5  rDev -9.1%

32oz swing top filled on Sunday 03/24/13 from Weilands Market where keg was put on a day ahead of filling. Notes from 03/24 and 03/26.

A - pours a hazy light orange in color with a half a finger off white head that sticks around just long enough to notice it before retreating into the glass.

S - on 03/24 the nose was almost non-existent. On 03/26 a brush of cascade'ish citrus was detected before disappearing like a Saturday in mid-Spring in Ohio. Slightly fruity each day.

T - the first thing I notice is the large amount of the same malt flavors I found in the Voltan - I'm not sure if it's a lot of vienna or brown or aromatic malt or what (not as peanut buttery as the Voltan but more nutty - the chocolate and roast malts in the Voltan more than likely made it appear more peanut buttery than nutty) but for me it just complicates the beer too much. A fair amount of hop citrus in the mid-late to late palate but I'm fighting off the unusual malt profile that's overwhelming it. A noticeable hop bitterness that lingers slighlty and is fairly smooth. Malty.

M - medium-light on the tongue. Nothing out of the ordinary to speak of except fairly malt heavy.

D - fairly low for me. It took me two sessions to cash out a 32oz growler although remodeling work took over on Sunday.

Overall, a beer I've been wanting to try for so long but fell short of what I was expecting. The complicated malt profile confuses me even though I can appreciate the brewer making a beer he likes. I think the hop profile would be pretty darn good if the malts weren't confusing it - IMHO American IPA should be more simplistic on the malta, but that's just me opinion. I'm a little torn on the brewery right now and I really want them to get some kick ass stuff in my glass but I've really been working to try these beers and two I've had have let me down a bit.

03-27-2013 04:07:44 | More by beesy