Genesee NA - Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.

Genesee NAGenesee NA

poor

Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. visit their website
New York, United States

Low Alcohol Beer |  0.05% ABV

(Beer added by: PorterPounder on 12-31-2004)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

tone77

2.1/5  rDev +8.2%

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a very pale yellow color with no head to speak of. Smell was also virtually non-existent, a hint of grains. Taste was also weak, to put it mildly. A bit metalllic, slight bitterness. Feels watery in the mouth and has average drinkability. Maybe it is just this style, but I didn't enjoy this beer at all.

08-03-2010 23:06:21 | More by tone77
puboflyons

New Hampshire

2.08/5  rDev +7.2%

From can no. 0610-R-10:25. Sampled on May 23, 2010. About the only thing you can say about NA or LA beers is that they moisten your throat on a hot day. Pale straw colored pour followed with quickly dissolving fizzy white head and no lacing. The aroma is like malt-flavored water and the taste is a bit more grainy but also very much like malt-flavored water. Thin mouthfeel. There is not much else to say about it.

05-23-2010 22:11:09 | More by puboflyons
woodychandler

3.5/5  rDev +80.4%

This should have been part of The CANQuest (TM) just past 300 reviews, but I could (past tense of CAN) not lay hands on it. Many thanks to tone77 for his CANtinuous CANtributions in support of this madness.

I had an initial pour of just under a finger's worth of bubbling, bone-white head that tried to reduce to wisps but could not quite achieve it. Instead, I got a film of head that CANtinued to bubble and burble away. Color was a light golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose reminded me of an adjunct lager in terms of its inherent honey and grain-like sweetness. Mouthfeel was much too thin to be of any merit. Way watery and I CANnot forgive that! Still, it had a light sweetness, lager-like, albeit muted. Finish was pleasant, slightly refreshing, worth drinking, if you are in the mood for an N. A. beer, as my uncle was this past Saturday, then this has to rank up there, in my book, for the style. Put this in your cooler for the people who request such things.

08-03-2010 19:33:27 | More by woodychandler
tgbljb

2.13/5  rDev +9.8%

Pouered a pale yellow with large white puffy head that quickly faded. Smell is so minmal as to almost non-existent, with maybe a slight sweetness present. Taste is also very minimal with a starnge sweetish texture. Finish is somewhat unpleasant. There are much better NA's avaliable.

04-02-2006 23:18:07 | More by tgbljb
milkbaby9

1.35/5  rDev -30.4%

12oz can (no date code) into Dartington ultimate lager glass. 2 finger white head goes to a little ring around the edges quickly. A few minor spots of foam cling to the glass as it's drunk down. Sparklingly clear straw yellow color.

Aroma is hint of grassy rubberyness. Taste is water with a tinge of corn and lightly sweet cornflakes breakfast cereal. Carbonation was low to medium low.

Finishes starting lightly sweet then the taste of tap water. No body at all, pure wateryness. Like drinking a low sugar watery soda or taking a poor pale lager and watering it down with semi-flat seltzer water.

I got an itch to try some non-alcoholic beers, and when I saw this at the market for $2.99/sixer, I figured for that low a price, how could I lose? After drinking this, I feel like I totally wasted $2.99!

09-29-2010 22:59:10 | More by milkbaby9
Brad007

Vermont

2.15/5  rDev +10.8%

Ok, I'm going to explain why I review low-alcohol beer. I've always been under the impression that beer with no alcohol is basically malty water and tasteless. So, even though I have hope that there will be non-alcoholic beer that has a bit of flavor, I really don't think such a thing exists.

Pours a light golden color with a one-finger head and what appears to be ample carbonation into my glass.

Aroma is sweet and grainy and not much else. Seems about right for the style.

Taste is light, sweet and grainy. Seems rather rough in the middle and fades to nearly nothing in the back.

Mouthfeel is the same I guess. Lingering sweetness, graininess and etc, etc.

Not as offensive as I thought it would be. Less of the "ginger ale" taste and more of the malty, grainy beer flavor. I suppose you could enjoy this more than a few other NA beers that I've reviewed.

04-23-2009 19:26:32 | More by Brad007

01-23-2013 19:05:16 | More by phishbone23
ATLbeerDog

Georgia

1.23/5  rDev -36.6%

From a 12oz can - Pours a clear light pale yellow. Not pretty at all. Smells exactly like an ashtray or cigar smoke. Worst smelling beer ever! Below average carbonation. First sip is almost flavorless with just a tad of hops and malts ...almost water like. I can not imagine consuming this product.

10-11-2008 22:38:38 | More by ATLbeerDog
Drew966

1.63/5  rDev -16%

Genesee NA pours a very pale straw color with a thick fluffy white head from a twelve ounce can. Doesn't smell very good, a bit sulfury. Well, I really want to say it hardly tastes like anything. Maybe a slight sour flavor, and some leftover chemical flavor. Not recommended.

08-31-2006 21:03:20 | More by Drew966
Ricochet

1.35/5  rDev -30.4%

It is with extreme displeasure that I rated this "beverage". It was 4.49 for a 12 and I'm wondering what to do with the other 10. Maybe I can use them as paperweights?

It's light looking, it has almost no smell, in the mouth it feels like any other beer beverage, but that's the good part. It's flavorless. Oh, there is a little taste, kind of like drinking a sour-tasting soda water. I kept swigging/swishing/hoping something would come around to my palette but other than a slight can taste, NOTHING. I'm only trying the NAs so I'd have something to drink on New Years, but YIKES.

I tried mixing this with a shot of liquor, and two sips later , down the sink it went. Steer clear of this "brew" unless soda water that tastes metallic and a little sour is your thing. Go with Old Milwaukee NA, at least that resembles beer!

12-31-2004 05:22:08 | More by Ricochet
victory4me

11-17-2011 15:59:35 | More by victory4me
ChainGangGuy

Georgia

1.48/5  rDev -23.7%

Appearance: Clear, yellow body with a thin, bubbly, white head.

Smell: Light pale malt and corn with the scent of a filthy dog's mouth equally filthy mouth. Bleh.

Taste: Light pale malts with some corn husks stirred in. Very unclean. They scrubbed out the alcohol and replaced it with, well, I don't know, but it's all kinds of awful. Like a dog belched up something awful in the brew prior to canning.

Mouthfeel: Thin-bodied. Medium carbonation.

Drinkability: Terrible! Some of these NA beers can be quite ghastly. And needlessly so!

10-20-2008 01:34:15 | More by ChainGangGuy
Genesee NA from Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.