Dog Bite High Gravity Lager - Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.

Dog Bite High Gravity LagerDog Bite High Gravity Lager

awful

Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. visit their website
New York, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: mactrail on 11-18-2010)
2.36/5  rDev +8.3%

squack, Yesterday at 08:42 PM
3.24/5  rDev +48.6%

MaddDogg84, Oct 22, 2014
3.14/5  rDev +44%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

24 oz. can
Served in a Firestone Walker pils glass

A - It pours a crisp golden color that is devoid of any floating imperfections. The effervescent body continuously feeds a brilliant white cloud of foam that leaves traces of its presence down the side of the glass.

S - It has an initial sweet candy aroma. Upon further investigation I discover the scent of candied apple and some floral notes.

T - The taste begins sweet with some grain flavors. Then a floral taste crosses my palate. Then I get smacked with the alcohol. Then, as quickly as it came, the alcohol taste subsides leaving a clean, crisp finish.

M - Thin with biting carbonation.

O - This beer starts out a little harsh. Once the 8% numbs my tongue it becomes rather easy to drink. It is an exemplary example of an underappreciated style.

buschbeer, Aug 05, 2014

CraigTravor, Jul 20, 2014

BoSean_Rodriguez, Jul 04, 2014
2.8/5  rDev +28.4%

A little too sweet, good price for the quality. Anything is better than Bud or Coors, right? The aroma isn't bad. The name is catchy and reminiscent of upstate New York. I usually drink lager or ale warm, but this was ice cold. No way can I drink more than 4 oz. Just a bit too flavorful and I might gain weight. Italians make their beer and wines too sweet.

witchfaerie, Jun 29, 2014

jpd026, Jun 28, 2014
2.25/5  rDev +3.2%

Histic, Jun 24, 2014

TheBeerNation, Jun 23, 2014
1.75/5  rDev -19.7%

JaredGolia, May 06, 2014
1.99/5  rDev -8.7%

A golden color similar to miller, It doesn't look bad, with a one finger head but man does it smell awful. It smells like a bottle return. And it tastes like old "morning after party" kind of beer I don't like it I'm struggling trying to finish this glass so I can review my fat tire but I would not recommend this beer. It feels under carbonated in under 10 minutes and it makes me gag. Spend the extra 10 cents on something better.

Michael-McManaman, Apr 07, 2014

JohnBender, Apr 04, 2014

Ablake59, Mar 31, 2014
1.8/5  rDev -17.4%

I'm no stranger to the cheap brews. I get them frequently. And believe it or not, even as a high end craft brew drinker, I do enjoy some like Colt 45 (for what it is).

But this...It just sucks. It's got a rather bad taste to it, almost similar to Icehouse. It's 8%, and cheap, and has a cool can. That's about as much good as I can say of it. For a few cents more, get yourself something like a Hurricane or Four Loko. The flavor is just bad, no matter how you look at it. It smells like any other cheap High Grav, and possibly a bit worse. It looks just like you'd expect.

Unless you cannot find any other cheap 8% brews around, get something else. If it was still 10% like it used to be, there would at least be that as reason to get it. But with other 8%+ options, all for a few cents more (Or even less), there's really no reason to buy this. I got it on a whim, because I collect cans+bottles, and didn't have this one yet.

Your best bet with this is just to shotgun it, or have it after you've had a few. The flavor is bad.

Anthonyjames, Mar 28, 2014

PaulyB83, Mar 17, 2014

Hopmodium, Feb 13, 2014
2.23/5  rDev +2.3%

its a corny malt liquor pours like any other malt liquor ,
its punjent its strong , its a high gravity malt liqour and not one of the better ones its ok but hurricane, steel reserve, icehouse edge,old englishe and shlits vsl is better. even natty daddy is a bit better

but its worth it for the can and you get a buzz

still better than stack , and camo ice

its isnt the easiest to drink but its 8% and its cheap but i wont buy it for a long time

vulgora, Feb 11, 2014
1.85/5  rDev -15.1%

This used to be 10.0% ABV. Not so impressive at the now 8.0% ABV. Boo to you Rock Wall Brewing Company (Genesee) for already diluting this circa 2011 beer in search of profits and pressure from the media in wake of the Four Loko flap.

A: No reason to pour this out of the can, but I did. Looks like orangey Coors Light.

S: Ugh. That super sub-premium smell as in Big Flats, Game Day, and Beer30. Strong caramel, metal, and banana. Maybe some oak, but that is interchangeable with banana.

T: Beer made from the finest dumpster water. Bitter, finishes sour. Carbonated water and pennies with a melted Werther's Original thrown in. No effort at uniqueness here.

M: Carbonated water. Super light.

O: I hate to bad mouth a malt liquor because I love the style but I have no respect to the reduction in ABV. This is drinkable but there are better options, MANY better options, in the 8% ABV high gravity malt liquor range.

To the brewer: Know your customers.

troobie, Jan 06, 2014
3.08/5  rDev +41.3%

24oz can bought on a whim. sometimes i like to take a chance on hobo beer.

for what this is, it's not bad at all (just drink it cold). crisp malt liquor malts (read: bready and sweet) with a bitter kiss of *gasp* hops! it's has a little citrus before you get the semi-sickly sweet aftertaste, but not as bad as some others.

like i said, good for what it is. outclasses most others on the same shelf.

jimmah120, Dec 30, 2013
2.96/5  rDev +35.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Bought a 24 oz can several months ago from Wegman's.

poured from can into large pint glass, served at fridge temp.

appearance: yellow gold with a white head, good lacing.

aroma: plenty of malt, some corn syrup sweetness, a touch of hops,

mouthfeel: listless,

taste: corn syrup, malt, slight mustiness.

notes: not much to say

fx20736, Nov 20, 2013
1.25/5  rDev -42.7%

evergreen_machine, Nov 15, 2013

the_case_race_kid, Nov 11, 2013

Jersh67, Nov 11, 2013
2.2/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

24oz can poured into a snifter. Canned on Aug 26th 2013.

A: Pours a clear pale golden yellow with a dense white head. Not much visible carbonation. Leaves some decent lacing behind as the head slowly fades over the course of a minute or two.

S: Not a very pleasant aroma, corn dominates the aroma giving a heavy macro lager feel. Can catch a whiff of that higher ABV.

T: Malts add some breadiness and a fair amount of sweetness. Alcohol remains well hidden only giving you a bit of a cringe after swallowing. Best drink this one cold before the malts show their true colors.

M: Light to medium body with slightly low carbonation. Alcohol is a bit sharp. Finish lingers a bit with a stickiness from the malts.

Overall its a good value if you're looking to get drunk and willing to sacrifice some flavor. Don't think I'll be going back for another round though.

CloudStrife, Nov 07, 2013
1.43/5  rDev -34.4%

This is the first day on here and I just have to review on this one. This is the most God awful beer I have ever had. My buddy and I are currently sitting drinking this and all we can do is make faces as we pathetically sip away at this monstrosity of a beer. You have been warned! Use your money on at least a Coors (I dislike Coors).

Appearance- Piss Yellow

Smell- indescribable but if I were to try to, think of apples

Taste- As soon as it hit my tongue I thought "I might like this" but then I became overwhelmed with the taste of what I thought was sludge.

Mouthfeel- I personally don't like very carbonated beers and this one very much that.

SonictheBeerhog, Oct 31, 2013
Dog Bite High Gravity Lager from Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.