Dog Bite High Gravity Lager - Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.

Dog Bite High Gravity LagerDog Bite High Gravity Lager

awful

Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. visit their website
New York, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: mactrail on 11-18-2010)

BoSean_Rodriguez, Jul 04, 2014

CraigTravor, Jul 20, 2014

warpedrevolution, Apr 14, 2013

I really can't say much about this beer. It would be a waste of my time. The only reason I'm reviewing it is to warn people that this beer is so awful. I tried to be open minded about it as I am with all beers but this one was just nasty. I reviewed it on video over at my blog.

Beerbuddha, Nov 27, 2010

Kingghidorah, Jan 16, 2012

SirPlunkett, Jan 05, 2012

the_case_race_kid, Nov 11, 2013
1.13/5  rDev -48.2%

Good Lord, this is awful. But I guess I'm obligated to say more.

Headless, clear golden yellow. Smells of syrupy corn and alcohol. Mouthfeel is initially bitter, but immediately gives way to heavy-handed, boozy sweetness. Some apple taste. Very nasty. No redeeming features. Over-sized 24 oz. can means twice as much suffering if you decide (?!) to stick it out. Pathetic effort.

Cheap, but you'd be better to put the money to bus fare or something. Drain pour. You've been warned.

TerryW, Dec 01, 2012
1.25/5  rDev -42.7%

Poured from a 24oz can into a mug glass.

A: The beer is a light gold color, with a short white head that fades very quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains alcohol, light malts, grain, adjuncts and a very faint touch of hops.

T: The taste starts out with a boozy sting of alcohol. Then some light malt sweetness comes in followed by mildly bready flavors of adjuncts and grain, but there isn’t much to temper the alcohol. The hops presence is very mild. The after-taste is likewise boozy.

M: Crisp but not smooth at all, light-to-medium body, medium-to-high carbonation, finish is clean and dry.

O: Not very flavorful, does not go down very easily, not too filling, strong kick, decent representation of style, I understand that this is a beer designed to pack a big punch, but even for the style this beer overdoes it since there doesn’t seem to be anything at all to balance out the alcohol.

TheManiacalOne, Aug 11, 2011

rymurphy617, Aug 08, 2013

vicsju1991, Jan 26, 2013

Marty91, Oct 14, 2012

BigBarley, Feb 12, 2013

MrBIP, Aug 23, 2012

evergreen_machine, Nov 15, 2013
1.3/5  rDev -40.4%

I poured a 24 oz can of this into my big glass mug...

The liquid was piss-yellow, there was no head whatsoever.

I could only smell alcohol and sweet corn.

It's tastes sweet, malty, almost creamy, with more corn and alcohol.

This beer is thick, there is not much carbonation, and it's kind of warming due to the high abv.

I would not recommend this to my worst enemy.

JMad, Feb 09, 2011
1.35/5  rDev -38.1%

1.5, overall, and i'm being 'generous' - as generous i can be considering that i got 'suckered' by the artsy graphics by the corporate brewer 'cloaked' by Rock Wall Brewing attribution v Genesee / North American Brewing actual'. 'Gravity' overcame my 50's era 'big family imprinting (finish everything you take) and this High Gravity 'craft cloaked' factory trash went in the toilet and DOWN the drain. Suckered by factory trash that SUCKS. Won't happen again, and, trust me on this, and don't let it happen to you. Na zdravi!

BeerHERE2010, Oct 22, 2011
1.35/5  rDev -38.1%

Dog Bite High Gravity Lager is a bright yellow beer that's very clear and very sparkling. The thin white head fades to a blotch. It has a grain alcohol aroma, slightly sweet and corny. It smells like a drunk guy. It has a prickly medium body with a pretty dry finish. It leaves the tongue a touch syrupy. It tastes quite sweet and very corny. It tastes like corn on the cob dipped in paint thinner. It tastes much stronger than 10% ABV. There is a fusel aftertaste. Yow. This is like brawling fuel. I feel like I'm being hazed by drinking this. This could use some powdered koolaid and crushed caffeine pills to really show of the class of this fine beverage.

yesyouam, Dec 28, 2010
1.38/5  rDev -36.7%

A- Pours yellow with a full head that dissapears in pockets pretty quickly.

S- Smells sweet, slightly malty, corny- actually really corny as my nose gets into it.

T- Tastes slightly malty, but mostly just corny and sugary. It actually has some characteristics of a belgian strong ale with the sugary sweetness- pretty gross though in this form- almost sweeter than a soda.

M- Alcohol isn't too prevelant for 10%. Very syrupy.

O- Is this 24oz can worth the $1.20 I paid for it? I'm going to have to go with no.

zdk9, Aug 20, 2011
1.43/5  rDev -34.4%

24oz can bought at a gas station for $1.25. Poured some into a glass to see what it looked like.

Off yellow color.

Malts, corn, and booze.

Horrible. Sickeningly sweet.

Watery with slight fizz.

Fucking disgusting, horrible shit. I never waste beer and this got poured down the drain. There are many more cheap, strong/special brews that taste much better. Avoid.

MirkoCroCough, May 07, 2012
1.43/5  rDev -34.4%

This is the first day on here and I just have to review on this one. This is the most God awful beer I have ever had. My buddy and I are currently sitting drinking this and all we can do is make faces as we pathetically sip away at this monstrosity of a beer. You have been warned! Use your money on at least a Coors (I dislike Coors).

Appearance- Piss Yellow

Smell- indescribable but if I were to try to, think of apples

Taste- As soon as it hit my tongue I thought "I might like this" but then I became overwhelmed with the taste of what I thought was sludge.

Mouthfeel- I personally don't like very carbonated beers and this one very much that.

SonictheBeerhog, Oct 31, 2013
Dog Bite High Gravity Lager from Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.