Dog Bite High Gravity Lager - Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.

Dog Bite High Gravity LagerDog Bite High Gravity Lager

awful

Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. visit their website
New York, United States

American Malt Liquor |  8.00% ABV

Beer added by: mactrail on 11-18-2010

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 117 | Reviews: 59
1.41/5  rDev -35.3%

This is the first day on here and I just have to review on this one. This is the most God awful beer I have ever had. My buddy and I are currently sitting drinking this and all we can do is make faces as we pathetically sip away at this monstrosity of a beer. You have been warned! Use your money on at least a Coors (I dislike Coors).

Appearance- Piss Yellow

Smell- indescribable but if I were to try to, think of apples

Taste- As soon as it hit my tongue I thought "I might like this" but then I became overwhelmed with the taste of what I thought was sludge.

Mouthfeel- I personally don't like very carbonated beers and this one very much that.

2.46/5  rDev +12.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Presentation: It was poured from a 24oz can into a big mug. The label on the can lists the abv at 10%

Appearance: Dog Bite High Gravity Lager has a bright golden body with very good clarity and lots of visible carbonation. From the long pour I got a tall fluffy head that hung on longer than expected.

Smell: In the nose this one is big on corn cereal, raw grain and sweet syrupy corn.

Taste/Palate: The flavor matches its aroma plus it adds a slight over cooked vegetable undertone before finishing with some light earthy dry and bland hops.

Notes: Overall I am not a fan.

3.03/5  rDev +39%

Golden yellow body starting with a thick, white head that soon fades to a thin coating. Light grain aroma with a touch very light touch of hops. Taste follows the smell for the most part with a light touch of alcohol presence. Smooth and light feel, dry finish.

I saw this one next to the other regular low-cost, cheaply made beers near the checkout line. For a $1.59, I thought I'd give it a whirl. It didn't turn out as bad as I thought. Not great by any means, but sure as hell beats the crap out of something like Olde English 800.

1.75/5  rDev -19.7%

2.5/5  rDev +14.7%

3.14/5  rDev +44%

Clear gold with a big white head. Lasts quite a while. Good amount of lacings.
Smell not much smell good or bad.
Taste is like regular Genny with a bit more body and sweetness. Hard to tell this is 8% abv.
Mouthfeel is average and carbonation is alright.
Overall if you like Genny lager you should give this a try. If only for a rating.

1.81/5  rDev -17%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Can (2013)

Acquired via trade
Thanks, StarRaptor!

A hugely carbonated, light golden-colored high-gravity lager. This can presents everything you hoped and feared it would be. Corn, miscellaneous grain, alcohol presence, and some aluminum combine to make...something hardly drinkable. A tick is a tick, but this won't be seeing my lips again.

3.75/5  rDev +72%

1.58/5  rDev -27.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Really weak yellow color, good 1" head that quickly vanishes leaving no lace. Aroma was of aluminum and alcohol. Do they even line these cans? Tastes au natural, this is the can to drink if you're one of those BPA causeheads! Further searching yields a sweet creamed corn malt base underneath the aluminum and alcohol aroma.

Taste, eeegad, I'm glad I was able to pawn most of this off on others. Alcohol, thin body, corn, corn syrup and metal. Pretty gross, tastes just like the label looks (terrible). I think as you drink more of it, you become a little accustomed to its shittiness, and you start to hallucinate and think you can taste green apple, that the fusel alcohol like flavors burning your ear, nose and throat pavillion aren't really as harsh as they were at first. Desensitizing I guess, which oddly, is a good thing when the beer starts out this bad.

Even judging to style, this is on the low end of things. If you really want to punish your taste buds, let it warm up on a sunny day. Starts to drink like its 80 proof stuff.

1.75/5  rDev -19.7%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Dog Bite High Gravity Lager from Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co.