Microbrew Invitational

Style: American Porter

Added by Vogie on 06-21-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 11
3.56/5  rDev -3%

Grand Rapids Brewing Company's first bottles releases. They had a limited number of bottles available for pick up, however I was able to snag two of them. They had it on tap as well but I was kind of in a rush. Bought the bottles from the two head brewers at the bar. Waited about 3 weeks before drinking one.

P: This year’s edition KBS glass.

A: Black but when held up to the light I could notice a slight brownish color as well. It was faint though. Small mocha brown head that slightly dusts the beer.

S: Getting a slight bourbon presence upfront with faint hints of coffee and chocolate mixed in. Real hard to pick up anything else up though.

T: Definitely get the bourbon upfront with roasted malts, coffee, and chocolate there as well. Neither three real pronounced but the bourbon does linger as it warms.

M: Surprising light for this style. Little watery.

O: This was my first Imperial Porter. The flavors are there but just muted down. I feel like I need to try this again, maybe on tap. I wouldn't rush to seek this out again though. Glad I got to try it.

Polish Eagle from Grand Rapids Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.