Half Full Bright Ale - Half Full Brewery

good

Half Full Brewery visit their website
Connecticut, United States

American Blonde Ale |  5.20% ABV

Half Full’s gateway beer is a crisp and refreshing Blonde/Pale Ale hybrid that is perfect for any palate. This unfiltered beer has a light body and a citrusy grapefruit aroma, making it sessionable and approachable – the perfect year round offering for whenever you feel like living in the moment.

17.7 IBU

(Beer added by: KTCamm on 02-15-2013)
Reviews by KTCamm:
3.93/5  rDev +10.4%

Served on tap at Bar Q in Stamford. Served in a shaker pint glass.

Poured hazy yellow with some white foam. Light lacing. Appears to be unfiltered. The nose is mostly citrus, on the light side. Notes of grapefruit evident as well. Taste is smooth and crisp, a nice citrus lemon in the open with an easy going body. Goes down quite easy. Flavorful and approachable.

Overall, this is a solid beer, and I look forward to trying others from this new CT area brewery.

3.6/5  rDev +1.1%

4.49/5  rDev +26.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

A: A very light yellow color, fairly clear, but has nice lacing and head. I usually like my beer with more substantial coloring, so I was a little put off in the beginning, only to be pleasantly surprised for what came next.

S: A nice citrusy smell, picking up hints of grapefruit? I hesitate to use refreshing because that's what i want to use for the taste, but yeah, it made me feel alive...

T: What surprised me about this beer was the taste. As aforementioned, I like colorful beers. I was expecting a mellow-bland taste, and was surprised with a rich (but clean) fresh taste that had just a little bit of hop, just enough to add backbone. Has a totally refreshing taste that really excites me

M: Wasn't overwhelmed by this beers mouthfeel, but I'm also not disappointed. I thought it would be crisp to the point of blandniss, but instead it has a nice clean finish. It again surprised me and so left me feeling very satisfied.

O: This is a great beer. I ended up having a few pints of it, and was very happy I encountered this beer. I look forward to trying Half Full's other beers (love the name by the way). As a side note, I just tried this in December, and while I liked it, I can't wait to take it out on the course with me this summer. Cheers indeed!

3.74/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

My 100th review.
On Tap at Backstage EDL in Torrington, CT.

Bright Ale indeed. This blonde is straw yellow in color with a thin white head. Hazy.

Very mild aroma of faint hops. Clean.

Taste is also mild. Some grassiness. Hops in the finish. Gentle grainy malt.

Overall a very quaffable ale. Goes down really easy.

3.3/5  rDev -7.3%

3.71/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Sampling a cellar temp can poured into a glass mug. The beer pours a bright clear gold color with frothy bleached white head of 5 cm foaming up even with my gentle pour.
A citrusy hop aroma is evident immediately after the pour into my glass. The frothy head recedes to a rocky surface layer with several streams of bubbles constantly rising to the surface.
I get citrus and some grassy hop character with hints of grainy malt in the background.
First sip reveals a light crispy body, with fine prickly carbonation that moves across my palate on each sip.
Flavor is some grainy malt and a dry citrus rind hop finish on each sip. None of the flavor is over robust or in your face, but it is certainly enjoyable and compelling for another sip. this is a good session beer and would be great at the beach, poolside, or any summer activity. Maybe I found my fantasy football draft beer.

4.02/5  rDev +12.9%