Phoenix Brown - Earth Eagle Brewings

No picture uploaded.

Earth Eagle Brewings visit their website
New Hampshire, United States

American Brown Ale |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: jlindros on 09-10-2013)
Reviews by jlindros:
3.83/5  rDev +1.3%

Ok, so this is an interesting story. A few friends and I were pub crawling our way up to the New England Homebrew Jamboree, and stopped at Blue Lobster Brewery on the way. While there a conversation was struck about where we were from, and I mentioned Worcester area. Suddenly the guy next to me turns and asks if I've ever hard any of the Tree House stuff, which of course I had, and happened to have a growler of Green IPA in my car. His eyes opened wide and suddenly he was practically begging me to get the growler. I originally planned to share it with friends at the Jamboree so I initially declined. After lots of bringing it back up, he finally convinced me to trade him a growler. I ended up with this one, from a brewery I had somehow never heard of before, so I decided to go with it. And I was pleasantly surprised as this was a pretty nice beer.

Finally onto the actual review.

Light fizzy fluffy very small head fades fairly quickly, very small lacing, somewhat hazy chestnut brown color. I think the appearance and body will be affected slightly by a few day old growler.

Nose interesting brown, toasty brown malts, a light sweet molasses and earthy root based sweet candy, nutty toffee, quite earthy and nutty, and a mild herbal slight earthy hop grassy aroma, slight fatty acid like aroma too.

Taste is a nice brown ale, toasty brown malts, light caramel and molasses like, fairly nutty sweet toffee, hint more earthy root like sugar addition. Hint of an under attenuated sweet like and hint yeast character but not too bad. Slight bitterness with grassy earthy touch herbal hop, mild all around. It comes fairly creamy, and brings a hint of a nutty iced coffee like character. Finish is slightly drier with some sweetness there still, a bit more bitterness and grassy hop character, light sweet candy brown sugar like.

Mouth is med bod, lighter carb but due to growler type and few days old now.

Overall not bad, interesting brown ale. Light drinkable, little under attenuated slightly sweet and light yeast, otherwise pretty nice.

jlindros, Sep 10, 2013
3.25/5  rDev -14%

MisterBisco, Jul 16, 2014
3.81/5  rDev +0.8%

Draught @ Brewery: Stopped in after the Granite State Growler Tour. This one pours a dark caramel color. There was no head or lacing on it. It has a nice nose. There is a hint of rum and raisin (dates?) to the nose. Also some toasted malts. The taste is good. It is a bit dry, although I can’t seem to detect any hops. There is some toasted malts, dates and raisins. A faint hint of rum. Interesting and good!

Boto, Aug 13, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -0.8%

jaymo18, Aug 11, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +12.4%

PatGreer, Jul 29, 2014
Phoenix Brown from Earth Eagle Brewings
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.