Chocolate Milk Stout - Dangerous Man Brewing

American Stout |  6.30% ABV

Beer added by: mothman on 01-19-2013

Ratings: 144 | Reviews: 9
Reviews by Beerlover:

one of the better beers at dangerous man. its a milk stout for sure, no denying it, but unlike so many others, its not super thick and sticky sweet. i know thats part of the style, but i think a lot of brewers take it too far. left hand is definitely the standard setter for the style, one of the original popular ones and still one of the best. this has less body and a lot less sugar than that one, but has a similar smoothness. the chocolate aspect here is really well developed, with both milk chocolate and dark unsweetened cocoa aromas and flavors in the mix. i like the bitter chocolate aspect with the sweet lactose, thats a great combination. it makes the beer seem a little more dry, and gives it a clever balance. the lighter body and lower sugar are also nice, they help the beer be more drinkable and not too sturdy for warm weather. very well designed beer, the chocolate is a nice twist, and its not gimmicky sweet like some of the are these days.

4.06/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Poured from tap into a clear pint glass at the Dangerous Man tap room.

Appearance: A deep brown/black opaque color with a creamy tan one-and-a-half finger tan foamy head. Foam fades slowly, leaving sticky foam trails on the sides of the glass.

Smell: Dark roasted malts and semi-sweet chocolate and coffee notes. Very little hops.

Taste: Oh yeah...creamy chocolate goodness and smooth smooth dark roasted malts. The lactose gives it that smooth and milky edge.

Mouth feel: slippery and creamy with medium carbonation. Finishes slick and smooth on the tongue.

Overall: This has been one of my favorite Dangerous Man brews to date. Perfectly sessionable and smooth. One of the best milk stouts I've ever had (and I've had a few). This gives the Left Hand Cholocate Milk Stout a real run for the money...and it might even be better. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

3.98/5  rDev -7.4%

I liked the 16 oz. pour line on the 20 oz. glass. Nice pour temperature for a stout. Medium dark brown head. Roasted malty chocolatey goodness on the nose. Slightly sweet but not thick on the tongue. This one goes down quite smooth; very sessionable.

3.9/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A very popular and much-beloved beer, I wanted to like it more than I did. I think it's just a bit too sweet for my taste. Looks beautiful, has a great mouthfeel. Smells of chocolate and roast. But I just couldn't talk myself into having more than one. I'll probably look for something else next time I come.

4.4/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Choosing amongst all the micro-brews in Minneapolis, I saw that Dangerous Man had the chocolate milk stout, so this is my first micro brew.
Their stout has a nice deep brown/black color with a creamy tan head.

The smell? Dark roasted malts and chocolate with some coffee notes. Very nice.

Taste? The chocolate is wonderful (I could stand even more) and smooth dark roasted malt flavor. Right amount of sweetness. I would compare this to Young's double chocolate, but much more fun at the Dangerous Man pub! And very reasonably priced.

I am a big fan on the nitro tap with only light carbonation. I'll be back to visit Dangerous Man again!

4.91/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Very good beer. One of the best I had while in Minnesota. Great flavor, certainly a dessert beer, smooth and delicious.

3.88/5  rDev -9.8%

1st DMBC review on ba!!! Wooo!!

Tan head. Black in color.

Flavor profile is cocoa and chocolate. A fair amount of lactose. Very rich and creamy. Has a bit if a coffee roast to it. Ends a little dry with cocoa powder flavors.

Medium bodied with a nice amount of carbonation.

I dig this one! Easy to drink, yet it provides a lot of flavor.

4.71/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

smooth. I consider this beer their flagship. If you are ever in the Twin Cities, MN . Find this place and drink a beer.

4.21/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Dangerous Man Chocolate Milk Stout.

Black as black, under a creamy, lacy tan head, looking beautiful and inviting.

Aroma: cocoa and cream, smooth and subtle, sweet and lovely.

Taste: Here it comes, chocolate, the cream, the sweet, the smooth, the lush and the utterly delightful. Easy-drinking all the way, while full-bodied, a serious stout. The combination of the chocolate and the milk is so ingenious it makes you wonder why it isn't done more often. I can't say it hasn't before, but I've never heard of one. Chocolate stout? Yes. Milk Stout? Yes. Chocolate milk stout? Maybe not as much.

One thing this is for certain is, I believe I am using the correct term here…yum. Very yum. Deee-licious. Small bitterness, just enough. Good texture, good play on the palate, good goodness all around. Solid brew, and just tasty as heck, all around.

Hey, what do they say about this at Dangerous Man? "Chocolate Milk Stout, 6.3% ABV., 24 IBU. A smooth, medium-bodied stout with a strong chocolate flavor. The large lactose addition leaves this beer a tad sweet. If you like chocolate malts, this beer is for you. Take home a growler and try with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!"

You know what? I don't have any ice cream, but I'm going out to the grocery store tomorrow for some so that I can do that very thing….if I can stop myself from drinking the whole thing tonight.

Chocolate Milk Stout from Dangerous Man Brewing