Prairie Gold - Prairie Artisan Ales

Prairie GoldPrairie Gold

Prairie Artisan Ales visit their website
Oklahoma, United States

American Wild Ale |  6.50% ABV

Prairie Gold is a dry, highly effervescent saison fermented with a mix of ale yeast, wine yeast, lactobacillus and 2 strains of brettanomyces. This beer highlights the various yeasts and bacteria used to make it. Lemon, pear, white wine grapes, and a touch of funk dominate the flavor and aroma in this champagne like beer.

(Beer added by: AlexFields on 03-22-2013)

4.6/5  rDev +10.6%

poured 12oz bottle into Duvel Tulip

A - Pours a very light hazy yellow lemonade like color. Gorgeous 2-3 finger white head that fades as quickly only to leave a thin white ring around the glass. Lacing is not present.

S - Lemons, tart apples and hints of white grape. A slight funk is present with a grass like smell.

T - This is fantastic tasting. Not overly sour to make you pucker, but a nice sharp tartness of lemon. It really is like homemade lemonade. Not much funk in the taste. This is the best "sour" I have probably had.

M - Very nice carbonation with a tart, dry finish that is so refreshing!

O - Hands down my favorite sour that I have tried. Really wish I could get this in WI. Thanks goes out to Ken in OK for sending it my way.

4.53/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Cage on this bottle wrapped super tight. Cage broke and I had I pull out the trusty pliers.

A-pours a musty yellow with a ton of hazy, almost pulpy. A nice 1.5 finger head that disappears after about half a minute.

S-funk and more funk along with a ton of lemon zest, OJ, and dank cheese.

T- very tart and wild up front, a creaminess in the middle and funk on the back end. The barnyard reminds me of FV13 which I had recently.

M-great carbonation level and just makes the mouth water. This is some really tasty stuff.

O-I can safely say that this wonderful beer beats out Sanctification which I had about a month ago. I am immediately enamoured by Pairie and will pick up all if their beers I can.

4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

Bottle split 4 ways at tasting.

A: Hazy and yellow. 2 finger thick foamy head. Exactly what a sour farmhouse ale should look like.

S: Notes of lemon, hay, brett and citrus. Pretty good nose on this beer. This is what a summer beer should smell like.

T: Wow, I could drink glass after glass of this on a hot day. This to me might be the most perfect beer for summer that I have ever tasted. In layman's terms, it tastes like a earthy, funky saison lemondade. Tart, refreshing, funky and lemon. Delicious.

M: Good carbonation so it really was clean on the finish and on the tongue.

O: I have yet to have anything other than an outstanding beer from Prairie and these guys are quickly becoming my must-have brewery every time I go to the bottle shop. This was outstanding. Nice work PAA.

Prairie Gold from Prairie Artisan Ales