Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

The Jabberwocky - The Lone Pint Brewery

Texas, United States

Beer added by: champ103 on 04-22-2013

Reviews by StArnoldFan:
2.92/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

On tap at Boondoggles in Seabrook, TX. I haven't had a bad beer by Lone Pint yet so I'm excited to try the Jabberwocky with my lunch.

Cloudy faded copper in color with no head and no lacing. Smell is very faint but mostly malty with a hint of mango or pineapple fruit. I prefer a more piney IIPA so the malty smell is usually a dead giveaway that I'm not going to enjoy. Taste follows the nose and is overly malty for my liking. Usually I coincide this with age for this style, but being that Lone Pint is so small and draft only I have to assume this is what they were shooting for. Overall I'm not impressed in the least. So far my least favorite offering from Lone Pint, if given the option go with Yellow Rose, Zenos, or even 667 rather than this. (753 characters)

4.5/5  rDev n/a

3.61/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.25/5  rDev n/a

4.25/5  rDev n/a

4.08/5  rDev n/a

4.47/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Fantastic DIPA. Has all the components missing from Yellow Rose. Rich, hoppy, great balance. (92 characters)

4.5/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

4/5  rDev n/a

3.85/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Very surprised at earlier reviews. Maybe the bottle I had is "brand new" or maybe I just have no idea what I'm doing. I thought that this was one of the best and most complex, interesting and drinkable Imperial IPAs I've had in a very long time.

Big hop nose; great balance and wonderful complex bitter, hoppy, citrusy, sweet, malty yet invitingly acidic flavor profile. Really worth the try in my opinion. (410 characters)

3/5  rDev n/a

2.73/5  rDev n/a
look: 2.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours out a murky, rusty orange with barely any head. Aroma is mostly citrus hops, but it's pretty muted, overall. I also get a little bit of toasty malts in the nose. Flavor is VERY malty with a lot of citrus from the hops. I can't get over the candy sweetness on this one. Malt is pretty one dimensional, and doesn't offer up much. Bitterness could be stronger. Aspirin in the finish. Mouthfeel needs more carbonation to combat the stickiness in the mouth. This beer has some good things going on, but it has far too many flaws going against it. This is no Yellow Rose. Drainpouring a good bit of this half growler. (617 characters)

2.56/5  rDev n/a

3.79/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev n/a

3.75/5  rDev n/a

3/5  rDev n/a

The Jabberwocky from The Lone Pint Brewery
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.