Budweiser Budvar - Budějovický Budvar, n.p.

Budweiser BudvarBudweiser Budvar

good

good

Budějovický Budvar, n.p. visit their website
Czech Republic

Czech Pilsener |  5.00% ABV

Exported to the US as Czechvar.

(Beer added by: Todd on 10-19-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Budweiser Budvar Alström Bros
donquixote

05-01-2012 00:45:45 | More by donquixote
HookemHoos

08-13-2014 14:16:37 | More by HookemHoos
XmnwildX12

07-20-2014 21:55:32 | More by XmnwildX12
tab021

1.25/5  rDev -65.4%

Really? I must have drank something completely different than those rating this beer highly because this was by far the worst beer I have ever had

clear look

smells like cat piss

tastes like it smells

with an unimpressive feel to it why even bother to describe it

I couldnt even finish a bottle. luckily my friend found this import to be a delicacy so he reimbursed me for the garbage 6 pack that is supposedly beer

03-12-2008 17:28:03 | More by tab021
mcorwin

1.25/5  rDev -65.4%

12-26-2011 04:06:07 | More by mcorwin
aracauna

Georgia

1.3/5  rDev -64%

Have you ever canned tomatoes? If you have, you should be familiar with the smell and flavor tomatoes have when cooked. This beer had an overwhelmingly strong odor and taste of spicy stewed tomatoes. It was too strong to drink. I know this is not normal for this beer from the other reviews of it I have read (and the style doesn't allow for many strong flavors), but it was only days past the Best By date and had been stored in a refrigerator. It should have still been good. There was also some floating particles in the beer which I also assume is not normal, Pilsners typically being filtered. I will come back and rerate, but I've been told by some fellow raters that I should take this beer into account for my rating.

06-07-2002 09:57:46 | More by aracauna

12-31-2011 19:04:55 | More by msromberg
jdhilt

New Hampshire

1.6/5  rDev -55.7%

Well I guess I got a bad bottle, or this beer is vastly overrated. A dry metallic aftertaste. Medium hops and carbonation. Maybe it was the green bottle, I got it for my collection and I'm glad I only bought one.

03-07-2002 18:25:02 | More by jdhilt
dflucey

1.75/5  rDev -51.5%

07-13-2012 18:05:15 | More by dflucey
Buebie

1.78/5  rDev -50.7%

Picked up this green 12oz bottle as a x-mas gift.

Off the pour the aroma of skunk is potent, not welcoming at all. Color is a golden transparent yellow, producing a 1'' white head, quick to dissipate, leaving a thin collar.

Aroma is of the spraying skunk found in the woods. Unfortunately I do not have any tomato sauce to line my nostrils with.

Taste is also laced with this peculiar unpleasant skunk taste. Mixing with mild grains and bready yeast.
Mouthfeel is thin and watery full of biting carbonation.

No pleasant.

01-08-2010 22:34:30 | More by Buebie
heavy216

1.85/5  rDev -48.8%

A: 12 oz bottle, light honey color, medium amount of head, gone quickly

S: not a very pleasing aroma, almoxt skunkish

T/M: average carbonation, with a light body, taste not much better than the smell.

D: i was surprised that this may be a bud product as it was not very good in any aspect

01-16-2011 16:01:55 | More by heavy216

05-03-2012 06:56:46 | More by Stevie_Janowski
tbeck

Washington

2.03/5  rDev -43.8%

A - Poured a pale yellow, small white head that did not last long.

S - Skunky

T - Not like the smell, slight hint of hops, bitter, stale ceral grains, not an enticing flavor.

M - Watery

D - Light, but not enjoyable. No flavor.

Overall - Not recommended.

07-12-2008 04:00:07 | More by tbeck
mashedpotatoes

2.03/5  rDev -43.8%

Beer pours pale and quite average. Aroma is immediately skunky, like Heineken but without the kick. Taste is metallic, bright and grassy but the skunk is almost overpowering. The mouthfeel is tolerable at best, kind of a thinly veiled lager if you will. Drinkability is better than expected given the mild aftertaste even considering the "skunkiness" of this beer. Not recommended.

09-14-2008 23:53:24 | More by mashedpotatoes
buschbeer

2.05/5  rDev -43.2%

Czechvar

I poured into a pint glass to a short lived white head. It is golden yellow and clear. I immediately got a skunk beer smell, even worse than Heineken. I do get a sweet smell after I get over the awful skunk smell. The taste is worse than the smell. I taste metal and I think there is actually a hint of skunk ass. I have never tried skunk ass, but this has to be a close equivalent. I was offered two of these and I am definately glad I only took one. I'm sure its better in the Czech Republic, so they may as well keep it there.

07-18-2009 16:44:57 | More by buschbeer
HochFliegen

Oregon

2.05/5  rDev -43.2%

Well to sum it up I wasnt impressed.
Pours a light copper and a not so long lasting head with little to no lacing. The smell was so faint and light I almost couldnt detect it. The best I could say is that it had a slight maltiness. The taste was very watery. No bitterness at all and a very slight malt taste. This beer almost tastes like an american lager ..ie not much taste.

12-30-2003 06:13:52 | More by HochFliegen
Mancer

2.15/5  rDev -40.4%

Before I begin, BA claims that the beer I had was an alias for this brew. I drank a Czechvar bottled beer. This beer doesn't seem to even come close to any review I have looked at on here, while seeing if this was the right beer.

This beer poured a golden yellow color with a half finger high white head. The head dissipated quickly to nothing. A couple lacy bubbles here and there. The initial smell was sweet barley and this smell vanished after about 30 seconds. The initial taste of the beer was first up front barley, however after two sips there was no taste and no smell. The brew had a light body and medium carbonation.

Well, what can I say...this was horrid and depressing. You got flavor only when you attacked the beer in its initial pour, which is great if you chugged it in that first go. Overall, disappointment but what do I expect from the big name brewer.

01-09-2011 05:31:26 | More by Mancer
e11iott

2.23/5  rDev -38.2%

So the beer I had is Czechvar, premium Czech Lager, but the bottle looks nothing like what is above, finding out that its bud, is a surprise but makes sence.

A: 12 oz bottle. honey color, head was gone quickly, no lacing at all.

S: Skunk like, nothing more to say. Not pleasant.

T/M: Served ice cold had very light body. Medium carbonation

D: Not a big fan of this one, sorta upset this was an incogneito beer.

01-16-2011 01:02:14 | More by e11iott
Budweiser Budvar from Budějovický Budvar, n.p.