Road 2 Ruin - Two Roads Brewing Company

Road 2 RuinRoad 2 Ruin

Two Roads Brewing Company visit their website
Connecticut, United States

A big, hoppy IPA with plenty of bite! Our assertive, hop-centric Double IPA has a lean malt backdrop and is brewed with four American hop varieties – Summit, Palisade, Cascade and Magnum. Piney, citrus, floral, not-for-the-timid!

(Beer added by: alexgash on 12-21-2012)

Dizzy242, Jul 13, 2014

CJRubes, Jul 10, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

jchorst, Jul 10, 2014
3.94/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Served in a tulip glass.

Appearance: Has a deep semi-hazy body that comes off a natural amber color slightly gold. The (white) head itself was about a notch below a finger's length dropping quickly with perfect even lacing.

Smell: Citrus skin, and hops...let it warm up a bit and the smell just either improves or dilutes.

Nice heavy piney feel, plus a slight sweet dose of grapefruit. Has a little bit of everything, citrus sweet with a floral bitterness. Well balanced.

Mouth: Little bland for such a powerful taste. Not as sticky as you would like. Has a sour after-taste that I am not too keen on.

Overall: Good beer, definitely the type you like to keep around your fridge. Grab a glass and hope you enjoy...during this hot humid heat, it's a blessing. Salud!

BlurryVisi0n, Jul 10, 2014

bacher468, Jul 04, 2014

jayiz, Jul 04, 2014

gory4d, Jul 03, 2014
4.2/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

I recently made a day trip up to NYC to (finally) meet the wondrous JenRay, with whom I have made many, many CAN Trades and since she was east for work, it was decided that I should come up so that we could hang out. She took me to a Whole Foods, among many other places, which is where I got this.

From the bottle: "Temptingly Hoppy"; "Plenty of Bite"; "The Road Less Traveled"; "Temptingly Hoppy Ale"; "A big, hoppy IPA with plenty of bite. It would be a sin to resist."; "Here's to taking the road less traveled, in life and in beer!" The verbiage does not do it justice, however,as a snake with a hop cone entwined in its tail and Adam & Eve with strategically-placed hop cones are all pictured! Ha.

Once again, following my popping of the cap, a heavy-handed pour ensued. When I use a goblet, vice a shaker glass, the pseudo-cascade is more difficult to discern, but it happened. This resulted in two, dense, creamy fingers of tawny head with great retention. Color was a slightly hazy golden-yellow (SRM = > 5, < 7). Nose was mad citrus, yo! Grapefruit, pineapple, mango, papaya. Oh, man, after what I had been drinking today, I was starting to jones and in no small way. One sip and I was gone, baby! I mean, sent., dig? The way the beautiful hops just laid it on my tongue like they were old friends was just beautiful. Man, I was seeing a psychedelic light show and it was still light out! The tropical fruit number was gone, man, like outta sight. I was grooving and there was no stopping me now. This is how The Woodman gets his kicks when The Old Lady isn't around. Wow, what a gas! That Eve chick came over and sat in my lap while her Old Man, Adam-ski, goggled the whole show for his own groovy kick. What a scene, man. I looked over Eve-baby's shoulder at the lacing in my glass and all of a sudden, I saw my monkey crawl down from the ceiling and take up his rightful position on my back. It suddenly dawned on me that beer this wild should be illegal. I mean, what if some non-hophead type were to lay claws on a bottle? Dig, Daddy-O? Man, that cat would be in outer space with no hope of reentry. My reentry happened when the air seemed to suck out of the back of my throat and Evey-doll had to give me mouth-to-mouth, no tongue action, this time. Dry? Hell, yeah, man! No wonder they used crazy verbiage like "ruin" and sin". This beer will take you place you ain't coming back from. Proceed at your own risk. In the meantime, I'm lookin' to score and then the three of us are gonna have a jazzy menage a trois, dig?

woodychandler, Jul 02, 2014

psdriscoll, Jun 30, 2014
3.53/5  rDev -8.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Never seen this guys before, figured I'd give it a try. 12.99 a six pack.

More of a 1.5 IPA than a double ipa.

Its pretty classic northwest hops I get. Some pinecones, some grapefruit. Probably a lot of the C hops. Aroma is strong but not particularly interesting. Some earthy dank, spiceness too. Legit malt backbone makes this a little syrupy and rich. Its packs a decent flavor, but its rather run of the mill. For that type I'd rather a Larry IPA, theres better deals out there. Its not bad, but very run of the mill.

BigCheese, Jun 30, 2014