Alex Biere Du Soleil Ale - SingleCut Beersmiths

to view more.
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by jerrytodd:
4.05/5  rDev n/a

On tap at the brewery (pint #3!)

A: Light amber with a touch of haze. White frothy head

S: Clove overwhelmingly from the Belgian yeast, some toasty malt, a hint of vanilla

T: Exactly what I'd expect from the aroma - clove/mild spice Belgian yeast fermentation, toast malt with a touch of crystal malt sweetness. Smooth. A very mild (pine?) hop aftertaste mixed in with the Belgian notes.

M: Smooth. I said that already didn't I?

O: Hanging at the brewery and thought these guys were all about hoppy ales and lagers, so was surprised to find a Belgian ale (this is their summer ale I was told). Pretty classic and well made, I likes

3.68/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

The aroma is floral and spicy.

The flavor has some with a sweet breadiness. The beer is quite nutty. It reminds me of a ripe banana and pepper.

The finish is slightly drying. It's great to see them do a beer in this style or Belgian in general. For it's ABV, it's actually really flavorful. A great beer in the style.

3.75/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

07/11/13 At Rattle N Hum on tap. Biere de Garde is a category that eludes me. What I have here has a fruity, almost cherry flavor, but with a fleeting sweet & a dry finish. Port is what comes to mind. Very good but not quite the summer refresher I was expecting. Planning on a re-visit.

to view more.
Alex Biere Du Soleil Ale from SingleCut Beersmiths
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.