John Michael Dark Lyric Lagrrr! - SingleCut Beersmiths

John Michael Dark Lyric Lagrrr!
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
SingleCut Beersmiths visit their website
New York, United States

Euro Dark Lager |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: jerrytodd on 08-18-2013

4.31/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

If I'm being completely honest, on his way over to my apartment my buddy picked up a growler of this based solely on the name. I told him to surprise me, he's an Ozzy fan so I should have known.

Pleasantly surprised.

Kind of like a hybrid, I'm not sure what category this falls under (I know it's a lager from their own classification/name) but it wasn't like the other more hoppier offerings I'd sampled from Single Cut.

It was pretty in the glass, had a chocolaty, coffee-like flavor. It was easy to drink and kinda crept-up on me. This was a good beer from Single Cut and I would definitely like to have a pint next time I sit down in their taproom. (655 characters)

4.24/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Drank at the brewery with Jimbo

A: Nearly black tho' when held to the light there was a deep ruby hue as well. Clear and very nice head and lacing

S: Chocolate with subtle sweet malt and pine

T: I'd describe this as a chocolate porter made into a lager. Chocolate with a complex malt depth, beautiful balance of toffe/caramel/fig sweetness and slightly spicy pine bitterness. If it were winter I'd be ordering this all night

M: Luscious with a pleasing clean finish

O: I've been to the brewery countless times (hey they're in my hood and I'm a huge fan) and never ordered this as I'm partial to their hoppier offerings, but this was a real revelation and I'm starting to think their maltier beers like this one are just as strong as their IPA's. Recommended. (774 characters)

John Michael Dark Lyric Lagrrr! from SingleCut Beersmiths
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.